1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Trade. Rumors, Tweets and Updates. (Deadline Dec 20th)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheDr34m, Dec 14, 2013.

1. YallMean

YallMean Member

Man, with all due respect, that's like a different question. It's your choice to believe or not, but we just don't ask Woj what his source is on stuff he reports do we? I guess there is a circle of informants that are assumed to be the source. Outside of that circle, it's like hearsay , and we ask what the source is.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the offer they're willing to take is the Bass/Lee one, I hope they wait til AFTER the 20th deadline. Maybe by a minute or so. Because no way Bass/Lee become trade bait in 2 months when their contracts are so long. And I really don't want to see the Celtics flip Asik for assets to Dallas or OKC to screw us over. This is a real possibility because the Celtics chances depend on Rondo coming back healthy, which is a question mark.

Millsap, Varejao, Hawes, Turner, etc. I can all understand being possible further trade material come the deadline. But not Bass/Lee.

Either way, glad it's finally ending. This Rockets team really needs extra bodies right now.

3. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

Clutch, have you written off your gut feeling regarding Charlotte at this point?

I know you said if you had to guess they had a deal they were comfortable with, it'd likely be Philly... but, just wondering what your feelings are on your initial sleeper Charlotte, as well as Atlanta (Millsap).

Thanks!

4. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

I'm curious, when did you start getting all connected inside the Rocket's organization? Like how many years ago?

5. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Spencer Hawes, Philadelphia 76ers
    WARP: 1.88 over projection

It's easy to forget that Hawes, now in his seventh NBA season, is just 25 years old. He entered the league as a face-up big who took more perimeter shots than he should have given his success rate. When Hawes moved to Philadelphia, he focused his game on becoming a more traditional center. The past two years Hawes has increasingly drifted back out to the arc, and this season the results have been stunning. Hawes is hitting 44 percent from 3-point range, with nearly all of those looks coming from above the break.

While Hawes' defensive rebounding and block percentages have also edged upward, it's the 3-point rate that has boosted his value. Given that he's shooting 10 percentage points better than his career rate on 3s, some regression is likely. However, with the Sixers rebuilding and Hawes on a reasonable expiring contract, it's unclear why his name doesn't come up more often in trade rumors. Hawes could move the needle for a number of contending teams.

^^^That's from this ESPN article about the top overachievers in the NBA thus far and Spencer Hawes is #2 on the list behind Paul George.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...-paul-george-season-biggest-overachievers-nba

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

But if every team worked on the assumption that tonight was the deadline, then this seems like bad news for the Rockets. And that Morey will have to settle. I really hope it's not Bass/Lee/Clippers 1st. And I really hope it's Millsap, even if we have to throw in a little extra to the Hawks.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

My hunch is they're not getting Millsap. I can't talk about why I have that hunch, but I also do not know that for sure. That would just be my guess.

My feeling on Charlotte is based on the fact that Asik makes a ton of sense for the Bobcats and they would seem to be a good trade fit for Houston as well. I don't know if they plan/hope to be in the top 10 of the draft or not, but if they want to win, Asik makes a lot of sense for their organization. I'm honestly surprised we have not heard their name in rumors.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Doubt one day will make a huge difference.

9. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

I was and am not trying to question your veracity because of what you have built here speaks volumes of what you have accomplished. Congratulations!

But you do not know me and I would not expect you to know this. I take it very seriously about the information that I circulate because I do not like to spread nonsense. And yes I did take some offense to it because I checked this kid Jake out thorougly before I posted his tweets.

He has about 20 to 25 credentialed Philly media personalities following him on twitter. (Go Check) People daily asking him questions like they do a Jonathan Feigen on twitter. He is the associate editor to the website on SB Nation Libertyballers.com. Which also gets posted on Bleacher Report by the way.
    He mentioned before Woj that there were 5 to 6 other teams involved in Asik talks even his followers were shocked that he beat Woj to the punch.

I don't blame you for thinking I would post up some nonsense on a whim. I would not! I take questioning my credibility/veracity/honesty/integrity to heart because of the way I live my life normally. I am an upright individual and treat others like so.

Hence this response to you.

#3909 TheDr34m, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. tzou88

tzou88 Member

TLDR version?

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

That was my point. If no one stepped up with a good offer tonight, then they won't come within the next 13 hours or so. Whatever Morey has as his worst-case scenario likely is the actual trade.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lots of people in Philly believe this high school kid and thinks he has real connections. Whether they're right or wrong is another thing.

13. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Good to hear!

I know Charlotte wants to win now. They've had enough bad years.

I guess it wouldn't be right to ask which players are involved.

I don't think MKG is the one.

14. TheDr34m

The really good thing about trading with Charlotte is that the likelihood of them flipping Asik back to the western conference is less. Compared to trading with a Hinkie or an Ainge.

They won't think twice to trade Asik to a Dallas or a Portland.

Charlotte's fanbase needs some hope of the playoffs. Asik can give them that oppurtunity to finally make the playoffs and potentially make a little noise.

They are in win now mode.

15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Wow Asik can't even comment. I'm glad he is leaving he was a great player last year with us but his attitude and effort was non existent since the season started. It could have been great just like JVG Said.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://player.theplatform.com/p/zT2_HC/iEazkwCwmKPM/embed/select/9iLNJ2__9_Tv?params=zone%3Dcsnvideo&autoPlay=false" width="480" height="270" frameborder="0" seamless="seamless" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Kevin McHale post game interview:

"Hopefully, we'll get Omer back also. Get those two guys [Lin and Asik] back, kind of getting our team back together. It will take a while to kind of blend everybody in again, but it will be nice to get everyone healthy. I think getting Omer back in there, he anchors a lot of that defensively wise, does a good job, just setting screens and knowing how to play with that group."

Watch the video. Does he sound like he's joking?

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This trade is worthless without Millsap!

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lollll, I can't tell if hes trolling

19. TheDr34m

My goodness talk about saying that with a straight face.

I almost believed him.

Mchale is good at this.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Anyone feel like giving the 4-5 most likely scenarios for tomorrow ?

I haven't really been following this thread too closely.