1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Rises

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Freaking hilarious Rodman23!

1 person likes this.
  2. Hilarious

Hilarious Member

Yep might be, but in that case he would be much more important also for the team. You wouldn't want to rush your backup 5 if your team is clicking anyways and come playoff time he will be MUCH MUCH more important for the team. Just my 2 cents

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So what is his career that he did not miss a game in?

1 Fullseason and limited minutes with the Bulls?

4. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Well, there are more facts that support an inside job than otherwise:)

5. bmd

bmd Member

No there are not. But that discussion is for another board.

6. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

I know you're probably referring to Asik's NBA career, but it is a myth that he has never missed a game due to injury--from the wiki entry on Asik at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%96mer_A%C5%9F%C4%B1k#Turkish_Basketball_League :

"Aşık was first signed by Fenerbahçe Ülker in 2005. He only played one game before being traded on loan for 2005–06 season to FMV Işık Spor Kulübü, in the 2nd division. Fenerbahçe didn't have room on the roster for Aşık and needed his in-game development to continue. He signed for the 2006–07 season by Alpella. He averaged 10.75 points and 11.25 rebounds over 40 games playing for Alpella. Leaving Alpella in December 2007, he resumed the season signing with Fenerbahçe for a second time. He was destined to be a superstar but in 2008 he tore his ACL and didn’t play for six months. When he returned, Aşık was creating havoc in the Turkish League, but he broke his collar-bone and didn't play for two months. After his recovery, Fenerbahçe tried to make him sign a new contract and held him out of the team until he signed. Aşık didn't give in and sat out the rest of the season.[3] At Fenerbahçe, Aşık averaged 7.8 points and 6.1 rebounds during the 2007–2008 and 2008–2009 seasons. With the help of Aşık in the 2007–08 season, Fenerbahçe won the Turkish National Championship. Ömer became a 2 time All-Star for Fenerbahçe during the 2007–2008 and 2008–2009 seasons.[4]"​

So he's had knee problems before as well as other injuries. Interesting also that he held out on signing a new contract and sat out the remainder of a season.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

This dude is amazing with the gifs. Good stuff.

1 person likes this.
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's Gold.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Tearing an ACL and breaking a collarbone are real injuries. Phantom contusions? Less so.

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol, thats awesome.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Better job by Asik tonight. I can't wait to see this team after the break.

12. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Your correct, it is for another board. But you still have no chance debating whatever that board is.

Back to Asik, he obviously was holding out hoping to get traded. The point he supposedly got injured was the Sixers game where he coincidently was benched my Mchale for unknown reasons. Is this even a argument?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Last I checked a player has to pass a team physical before they are traded? Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. Because if I'm not and he was really injured how was Morey suppose to trade him? He gave a deadline and everything but Asik was injured so why would Morey keep trying to trade an injured player unless Morey knew he would pass the physical?

14. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

15. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Generally yes, but teams sometimes can agree to waive the physical.

16. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Here is a link from the Celtics page that discusses it. Omer Asik would be checked by the other team's doctors.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/blog/inside-front-office.html

1 person likes this.
  17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thank You. My feeling is the injury was BS and it was obviously so, but he is back, he might still be traded but I'm happy he is back and hope he mans up and gets on board with our Championship aspirations, because we could really use him. He got 6 boards in 10 mins that just awesome, like 18 per 30 mins which are the minutes he might be averaging soon.