1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik Rises

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Feb 8, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

it's a turn on watching asik and demo play pick and roll and pick and roll defense.

that's all, carryon.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

[​IMG]

3. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I'm anxious to see what sort of crowd reaction he gets when he checks in for the first time at home on Wednesday.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct explanation. Unless you believe that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government or some such nonsense. But anyway, who am I to get in front of your delusions?

5. Stats

Stats Member

Asik also hedges hard on PNR, which if you get the correct rotation down is highly effective at defending that. Our PNR defense looked significantly sharper yesterday, Lin and Bev weren't getting killed by hard screens.

1 person likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, no one at all, jk. Who said anything about 9/11? What was his injury again? The guy told people he didn't want to be in Houston, he asked to be traded and suddenly got injured after being sent to the bench. THEY TRIED TO TRADE HIM, lol. Patrick Beverly broke his hand and came back before him. The guy didn't want to be here, maybe he changed his mind after realizing he can't be traded but he clearly did not want to be here, just saying man. And I'm not saying I don't like Asik or don't want him here, we truly need him but the injury was complete bull****.

7. vladyx92

vladyx92 Member

Any proof? Because I am tired of empty words...We need Asik for two deep playoff runs and he needs us if he wants a big contract after his current one expires.

8. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

"Listen Omer, we are trying to get this done, but if you're hip and knee are ok hit the floor, so other teams can see that you are healed inside and between your ears. You may like playing for championships though, give it a shot."

Last "doctor's" visit.

Welcome back.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Dwight is great and all but when a heavy set true 7 footer with some defense gets in the game there's an immediate impact. Even when Asik was out and Monty had those 1 or 2 games where he started and set the tone early, the other team new it was gonna be a long night. These fans always seem to take this aspect for granted every now and then.

10. basketballholic

.........gonna be a long night.

That encapsulates Asik's impact on a game. Nobody and I mean nobody wants to face this team with both Dwight and Omer healthy. I'm still not in favor of trading him for anything short of a superstar.

11. treeman

treeman Member

Honestly, I hope he doesn't get booed. I don't like how he's handled the last few months, and I think he's a bit of a bt%h for it, but dammit, he is OUR bit%c, and I am happy for the team that we have a backup 5 again. Sorely missed.

I am willing to overlook the past few months if he plays hard and contributes. That is all I ask as a fan. I know he wants to be traded - we all do. But he is here for now, and if we can't find the right deal I expect him to still produce at the highest level possible. The man is getting PAID more money than most of us will see in a lifetime to play a kids' game, for Christ's sake. I expect him to at least ACT like he's motivated.

And the team - which I cared about long before Asik showed up, and will care about long after he leaves - will be better for it. He can help this team IMMENSELY if he is willing to ball. That is enough for me to cheer his return.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

A guy that has never missed a game in his career suddenly misses months right after he demands to be traded and pouts about playing time and is benched as a result. The simplest explanation was that he was milking an injury.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Even with the reported draining of fluid from his knee?

14. delalex

delalex Member

Asik is a top 10 C,should be traded.

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

this is how they convinced asik to return as howard's backup...
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  16. basketballholic

hehehehehehehe

1 person likes this.
  17. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

LMAO, Rodman you make me laugh every time. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  18. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Clutch should put you on the payroll Rodman23. You are a treasure to the GARM.

1 person likes this.
  19. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Where are all the posters now who "guaranteed" Asik had played his last game as a Rocket?

20. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Players get that done all the time and don't miss 31 games. I don't think he was 100% ok and not playing but I also don't think he misses 31 games with that injury if Howard isn't on the squad.