1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Omer Asik not worried about Dwight Howard talk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, May 6, 2013.

1. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

this dummy made my point...How much does Aldridge, Love, Howard, Griffin and Williams make and 2 out the 5 did not make the playoffs and 3 out of the 5 got kicked out of the first round...we have the youngest team in the NBA we only can go up we only need a 4 that can bang in the paint like Horford or someone of that nature

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It amazes me that people have already forgotten what happened less than three weeks ago. We played Dwight's team in a big game. When it mattered, the lane was effectively shut off. The Rockets couldn't get anything other than long, contested jumpers for basically the entire fourth quarter and overtime, even against a team whose perimeter defenders were Jodie Meeks and Steve Blake. When healthy, the guy is an eraser. Asik works hard and does his job, but it's apples and oranges.

1 person likes this.
  3. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

What has Horford accomplished that Dwight hasn't?

4. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

If you want to use that flawed logic then Howard is better than Asik since Howard has gone to the Finals while Asik has only made it to the eastern conference final as a backup.

Players follow superstars. Howard is a superstar, Asik is not. Howard is better even in his down year. Would I be disappointed if we kept Asik? Heck no. Would I prefer Howard to Asik? Yes.

5. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

This is on point :cool:

6. Nook

Nook Member

So much fail in one thread...

If we can get Chris Paul or Dwight Howard you do it without a second thought.

I don't care if power forward is a bigger concern, Chris Paul is one of the 3-4 best point guards EVER and is the 2nd or third best player in the world. If he wants to be a Rocket you do it.

As for Howard, Asik isn't as productive. You can just say he is, but the advanced statistics say that Howard is clearly better. He is a more impactful defender and a vastly superior offensive player. Even this year, coming off back surgery and playing in a ****ty system he got 17/12/3.

If we get Howard the Rockets would probably move As

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

post moves, a steady jumper from the elbow and a heart

8. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

And barely saw past the first round, but really isn't as intimidating as DH12, lettuce be real tea

9. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

This is also when he came back a few months EARLY after his surgery. That says something.

10. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

wow Asik been in the league for 3 seasons and is second behind Harden in points increase this season in the NBA

11. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

and any honest observer would agree that the team would've sucked MORE at D without Asik in the paint. In fact, most of the times Asik was on the bench, the defense and offense suffered. The guy WAS the rockets defense which, in a way, makes his contributions all the more impressive. There were frequent moments where Asik was the only one going for rebounds. If we sub dwight for Asik, you'll have the exact same 'sucky' defense since the perimeter players and pfs coudn't play D. Don't see your point.

12. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

Let's assume all that is true.

With all that, Horford has never been to the finals like Dwight, only made it out the second round, has more of an injury history than Dwight, and made a grand total of 2 all-star games.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if either Dwight or Omer can develop his 3 point shooting skills.

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

I'm done cause I can't sway ppl on here even though the stats are there...so anybody want to bet that Asik will be a 16 and 12 guy barring injury next year $100 dollars :grin::grin:

15. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

The question is

Is Howard (20m salary) 2.5 times better then ASik (8.4 salary)

I think no!

Asik(8.4m)/Varjero(9.1m)/ Smith (1m) =18.5m

16. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

How many good PFS are in the NBA??

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

And what happens when Asik gets his inevitable high contract when his current one is up?

18. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The NBA is a superstar driven league and Howard is still a superstar. Having Howard and Harden puts you so far ahead of almost all of the league. Morey has proven that he can find good role players so I am not worried about him filling out the rest of the roster. Also, Howard>Asik+Anderson+Smith. Not a single GM would trade Howard for those three.

19. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Morey stated he is dreading making this offer to him cause he knows it is well deserved

20. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

More than there are elite Centers (1).