1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olympics - China using underage girls?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SageHare6, Aug 10, 2008.

1. rfila

rfila Member

It is possible that SJ's parents had multiple blanket birth certificates for unknown reasons and one of those happens to be useful for the Olympics, you never know. Also, don't believe SJ does not have any sister. If she can lie about her age, she can lie about the number of her sister. And I also believe she has neighbours who are older women than she is at sometime of her life.

Don't discourage me. I am just trying to keep up with the board. Once I believe something, nobody is going to change my mind. In this case, SJ is no older than 11!!

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

The Special Olympics are -----> that way.

3. rfila

rfila Member

We got a qualifier here!

4. RedRaiderRocket

I like many posters think these girls are younger than the 16 year old limit, with the side if some 14 or younger girl can win the gold why stop them. You want the best competitors representing your country in the olympics.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If it is true I really don;t see a problem with it. Except the cheating aspect.

I mean they train when they are old enough to walk so its not cruel or anything.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

this is like the most ridiculous post I have ever read on here... even with this being a Rockets board (trade proposals, etc), and with me having read this forum for many years.

7. rfila

rfila Member

It meant to be ridiculous. But it can't be the MOST ridiculous one even if you have only read this thread. And you said you have read this forum for many years?

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I think it's funny that those of you who would accuse the Chinese of making up documents would link to supposed Chinese documents as proof. And not even the real documents, just some cache of it.
    I'm not arguing either way or the other, but it's funny what some people will ignore to win their argument.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Isn't it?

10. ucsd

ucsd Rookie

Yea, Yao is actually 14 too, they lie so he can got drafted to play for NBA :D

11. Pest_Ctrl

Pest_Ctrl Member

Then we should keep him until 2028, and we will build a dynasty longer than the Celtics' one around him. :D

12. danny317

danny317 Member

asians age very very well...

im 28 and i still get carded at rated R movies, buying smokes and alcohol...

but i also wouldnt be surprised if the chinese were younger that theyre represented to be.

13. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

and greg oden is 35+ years old

14. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Quell my shock: Yuantian is posting absurdly irrational defenses of China on the clutch bbs. :rolleyes:

#114 rhadamanthus, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  15. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

How does this explain the Chinese Women's Volleyball Team?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you don't believe US media because they are biased, you don't believe Chinese media because they are out to piss people off. You might as well make up your own news.

17. yuantian

yuantian Contributing Member

oh come on now. cut me some slack. :D

as for those volleyball players, why would they pick smaller statued girls to play? of course they are going to pick the big ones.

and yes, i only read news for entertainment, not for truth. i make up my own mind on a lot of things after reading a lot stuff. even books are only the opinion of the authors. i don't believe something just because someone else said so. in real life though, i will believe anything you say if you are convincing enough. :D

18. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I never suggested that China would pick smaller girls for volleyball. You said:
    and I asked how Asian VB girls got so tall?

19. rage

rage Member

These "evidences" are pretty flimsy!
    All I read is an web article citing other stories on the net alleging some age questions. You don't even the original stories, and those in themselves are questionable as best.
    You are so quick to believe anything on the net as long as they agreed with your cases. At other times, when the articles come from China disagree with your view point, you are very quick to dismiss them just because they came from China ...
    How about showing better evidences? If you don't have anything else, how about going with the official line:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/10/sports/olympics/10age.html

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, the NY Times is flimsy....

Come on....the Chinese federation has been caught cheating....big deal....

They were issued passports that changed their birthdates, THIS FEBRUARY.....

Anyway, honestly, they should just allow anyone to be in the olympics regardless of age, though I don't understand the entire process and why the rules were implemented.

I don't care all that much anyway......just having fun watching people squirm and try to cover up for their countries...OBVIOUS cheat.

You guys act like the cheating by the Chinese federation is a reflection on the entire Chinese culture....

:D

DD

#120 DaDakota, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2008