1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Olumide Oyedeji

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drexlerfan22, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I like Cato, but if it were possible to pawn him off to a team that really needs a center (maybe along with Rice, KT, or MoTay...) and get something worthwhile in return (First-rounder? Backup SG?), Oyedeji is there for the signing. He is, in my opinion, a far more viable backup than most people realize. He's not that tall (and therefore not a shotblocker), but he could be the most underrated rebounder in the league. The Sonics (his former team) won't make a fuss over him, because they already have Booth, Drobnjak, and possibly James. He's currently playing for the Magic in the Olando Summer League (check out box scores at http://www.proexposure.com) and has been putting up consistent numbers. You can also check out his ESPN profile at http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3441.

Remember, I would only deal Cato if we got farther under the cap and got something worthwhile in return. Ming would get plenty of PT, and Olumide could fill in well enough with his rebounding (though he's nowhere near Cato's shot-blocking presence). So what do you guys think of this?

2. mfclark

mfclark Member

The Magic like Oyedeji very much, especially considering their frontcourt troubles. Olumide himself has said that Seattle and Orlando are his only options right now - and that money is not everything right now at this point in his career. Neither team is going to let him get away.

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why do we need another PF? Our problem is we have too many PFs, the only thing we need is a backup SG.

4. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I would rather sign Ike Nwanko over him.....or maybe sign Pig Miller.

5. ClockworkOrange

Speaking of Pig Miller, I saw him like 3 weeks ago while I was paying my Sprint cell phone bill. He's slimmed up. Just said wassup to him and that was about it. He wanted to pay his bill as well, so I didn't want to bother. Sorry no pics, I usually don't bring a camera when I pay my bills...hehe! :D

6. JamesC

JamesC Member

Is Pig Miller on anybody's summer team? I dont think he is but I was just wondering.

7. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

pig can play!
    love that toothpick too!
    too bad we're the only team that appreciates his hustle...

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

the hawks like him too. he keeps going back and forth from them to us.

9. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

When was the last time he was in the league?

10. Panda

Panda Member

Hope the Rockets bring back the beloved Pig Miller!

I can almost hear Murphy saying: "It's Miller time!"