1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oldest T-Shirt You Still Own

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, May 8, 2002.

1. IVFL

IVFL Member

My 94 championship shirt, and my 94 state tilte basketball shirt. AHHHHHH that was a good year.

Im from Idaho and there was no rockets gear to be found. When the did win the championship there was that shirt and a hat at the local sports store. I had been a rockets fan since 90 and there are these college guys behind me saying, as soon as they win a championship people start jumping on the bandwagon:mad: oh that pissed me off big time. Well I wore it that day. Its getting pretty torn up now. holes in the seams and stuff so I dont wear it much. Although its the shirt I wore on the first date with my wife:D

My state shirt was just made to last, I still wear it when I play ball and its real thick. I love it, I just wish there wasnt so much neon on the thing

2. dimsie

dimsie Member

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't know for sure, but it is either an Ocean Pacific shirt that I had in junior high which was like 16 years ago, a Johnny Gill concert shirt I got back in '91, or an old softball shirt from 9 to 10 years ago.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll have to send a link to this thread to my mother who is always on me for my old T-shirts. You guys make me look well-dressed. I have plenty of old shirts, but old as in 12 years old (I wear shirts that I wore when I was 14!), not 20.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

I have a small tee shirt that I wear every other week or so that says:

"Bud's Concrete

Fine concrete"

then gives a phone number, with no area code. It was made int he mid-80s but looks much older. One night I wore out to a house party, and some girl was convinced that it was an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt. SOme guy asked me where I got it, I said "my Dad's friend, Bud Slowik, up in Naperville Illinois," and the girl overheard and starting railing on me.

"No way! That's an Abercrombie shirt! I've seen it! blah blah..."

very strange.

At that same party, I also met a girl who went to HS with KG, in Maudlin SC. A southern bell type with a DEEP accent.

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Do you guys ever go to thrift stores? That's where I get all of my treasures(extremely tight-fitting shirts with goofy/bizzare stuff on them).

My oldest one is from the '89 NBA All-Star Game in Houston. It has caricatures of both teams on the front. It's a medium though, so I only wear it on my fatter days...

I take that back... I also have a Denver Nuggets "jersey" that has their old ABA logo in the center with Dan Issel and some other players' faces on it. At first I thought it was one of those new "retro" shirts, but the material and feel of it leads to me to believe that its either genuine 70's merchandise or a bootleg... Maybe Nugzfan can clear this up...

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Anyone remember Stiff Records? An old punk indie label. I still have a t-shirt with their logo, "If it ain't Stiff, it ain't worth a ****"

Came in a box of albums with other promo items while I was working at Texas Tapes and Records in Pasadena during late 70's.

8. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Wasn't Stiff the label that sent John Lennon a 500 dollar advance and with a telegram that said "cut the crap, sign with Stiff?"

Was that them?

9. dimsie

dimsie Member

I have a (new) Stiff badge with that slogan on it. I'll pay a large amount for your shirt, Rashmon! (That's Costello's first record label. Yes, I'm a dork.)

10. Elienator

Elienator Member

I have an ocean pacific shirt that was my dad's from the early 80's. He never wore it and I do now.

I have my shirt from 1990 that was for my elementary school graduation (it doesn't fit)

I am currently wearing a fraternity rush shirt from 1996.

All my clothes aren't old...

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

and some things are made with acid.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Dimsie, I could never part with it. The shirt has torn out sleeves and collar and well earned ragged tears. It was punk regalia at it's finest.