1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon's Top 10 Plays from the '94 Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Pure awesomeness.

He's always better than I remember on these clips, especially on the blocked shots!!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Prince

Prince Member

#3 was a foul :)

3. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Shhhhh...if you only look above the rim, where you attention is immediately drawn, its not a foul :)

Mason is looking around like WTF though. LMAO.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yer mom is a travel

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

his blocked shots were just sick, that season , some company donated to the texas youth academy donated $50 per blocked shot. lord, dream could have broke

calvin murphy would say that's another fifty dollars for the texas youth acadamy.

so one game olajuwon blocks three in a row on one poccession, like with five seconds. calvin was like

"that's another fif, that's another, THAT'S ANOTHER FIFTY DOLLARS FOR THE TEXAS YOUTH ACADEMY.

memories

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I miss those days. Not just as a Rockets fan, but as a basketball fan.

The days of the dominant center are truly over. They seem to be almost extinct. Now, you have 6-10 "tweeners" who just happen to play center jacking up 3's the whole game while 6-6 guards are doing all the posting up and getting called for offensive fouls because the defender flopped.

Gotta love today's NBA. Not.

7. Mr. Clutch

I loved Calvin saying that.

I remember Hakeem blocking 3 Seattle Supersonics in a row once. I could never find the clip

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6358223&postcount=40

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6344111&postcount=141

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=6321630&postcount=127

*Hakeem was the 1994 MVP (that superficial award).

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2006/08/mario-elie-compares-hakeem-olajuwon.html

Elie: "I love Tim. I think he may be the second best player I played with but 'Dream,' just his performance in pressure situations—when David Robinson got the '95 MVP, 'Dream' told me, 'Mario, he’s borrowing my trophy.' When I heard that I said, 'Somebody’s in trouble tonight.'

For a guy who criticizes others for posting Hakeem threads, why all of the sudden this thread?

Oh yeah. You need some rep points for the ones you lost.

#28 tinman, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. kharboosa

kharboosa Member

WOWWWW.....His head was only a few inches away from the rim on some of those plays. I miss those days. He was truly a man among boys when it came to centers in the NBA. He beat all of them including Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, etc. I was too young to appreciate his greatness and athleticism at the time, but now I just cant believe what I see.

He would be owning the NBA if he played right now.

10. RealistFan

RealistFan Member

Is it the play where he blocks Kendal Gill twice and then Kemp drives in and gets his junk swatted?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh yeah. Quoting things out of context is fun isn't it?
    You want me to quote everyone calling you an idiot/moron/douchebag again? Those were some good times.

I don't criticize others for posting Hakeem threads. I criticize you for worshiping Hakeem as your god. I criticize you for living in the 90's and sticky your crappy 90's pop culture references in random threads. I criticize you for spreading your elitist '99er's are awesome' shtick everyone you go.

But don't for once think I am criticizing Hakeem.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

You should at least get your facts straight when you post things you never witnessed personally.
    Apparenty your tinman worship hakeem statement meaning to insult me has no effect and is not even consistent with my posts overall.
    longtime clutch fans know who my favorite player is.
    I like the 99ers.

13. RedRedemption

Great he's your favorite player. That's fine.
    But the obsession is creepy. When it comes to a point where a basketball player becomes a central focus of your life. Then that is the time to take a step back and look at your life in retrospect.

I don't care if its Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, or even Hakeem Olajuwon. They are all celebrities and do deserve the attention; but not too much attention. Remember all those people who offed themselves after Michael Jackson died? You're the most likely candidate to do the same if Hakeem ever passes.

14. Mr. Clutch

Hmm, I think it was a different one. I remember Gary Payton being involved. And one of the shots was very close to being a goaltend, he got it right at the top of the arc.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

you can believe that all you want to dude and you can use that as your tinman 'insult' if you want .

I post hakeem stuff because of the games, people haven't seen in ages, there was no youtube back in the day.

also, the misconception of hakeem by newer fans has to be addressed, he still should be the most important Rocket of all time.

but you still haven't figured who my favorite player is.

It just shows you care more about the messenger than the message.

16. RedRedemption

Who is saying that he's not he most important Rocket of all time? Is that what this is about? Are you imagining things?

Your favorite player? Mad Max is a guess. I don't remember what you think about Moses. Hakeem is excluded because he's not a player; he's a god.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

You haven't been on this board long enough to see others belittle the accomplishments of the Dream.

Dream has become resurgent in the news since the elite want to train with him.

Now Dream is a video game reality.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7_U0n1fwks8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

#3 brought me out of my chair jumping and yelling. I immediately called a buddy of mine who is a Knick fan and told him Dream is too much for your boys and the Rockets will ultimately win. He reluctantly agreed.

#1 is #1 because of the importance of the play, but man, #3 has always defined Dream in my book. #2 is just sweet, classic Dream... sublimely awesome.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

What's great is that the real Dream is quicker and smoother than the video Dream.

20. RedRedemption

I've been on this board for over six years. 4 year undocumented.
    If you're talking about TOFs and YOFs then yes, I've seen their posts.
    Whatever though. Since most of the extremist TOFs and YOFs are gone...

Want to call a truce? I've realized its really not my place to tell people who they should believe in or follow... regardless of how closely or loosely.