1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It means a lot. Not sure why people underrate this. More often than not, teams with HCA have a higher chance of advancing and winning in the playoffs. For us, Ryno is our only concern regarding his shitty play at home, everyone else plays well at home, so it's more important that we have HCA, especially if anyone takes us to seven games. I'm not concerned about tough match ups, I feel our only real obstacle, assuming we have a healthy team, will be the Warriors.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Somebody should tell this to Paul Pierce.

OKC will eventually figure out the best way to adjust their rotation and right the ship somewhat.

They could sure use a guy like Avery Bradley.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just don't have any faith in Presti when it comes to making trades, he always seems to get fleeced....and there's nothing he can do to get rid of the problem, Westbrook.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Teams with HCA are almost always better than the opponent. This is why they usually advance.

BigShasta likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

@Deuce making a pretty good point on twitter

ghettocheeze, Deuce, bilaal14 and 8 others like this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

But 1St seed does

7. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Rudy T showed that matchups are more important during our championship years and seems like every playoff heartbreaks had been at home since the TMac era. From buzzer beaters to outright gang-style beatdown.

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

OKC made a huge mistake going for Melo.

They should have waited for Blake Griffin. They would have been way more dangerous with BG/PG/WB

ghettocheeze and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

firstly, they wouldn't have known BG would be on the market and secondly they wouldn't have been any better

10. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think they would have been better. Blake is more versatile than melo...that contract though

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's likely that Ryan Anderson won't be on the Rockets in the playoffs.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt Morey will be able to move Anderson by the deadline. I don't see it at all.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

Part of the reason for the trade is so Presti could cockblock Morey from getting him. It was a double whammy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

There was a report that Blake had no interest in going back home to play in Oklahoma

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Paul George specifically said Lakers and not Clippers. He grew up in LA as a diehard Lakers fan. He specifically referenced the culture/history of the Lakers as being a reason he wanted to go there.

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Watching these games, I don't think the Thunder need a third star. They need a bench and a super sub or two. Adams, PG, Westbrook, and solid veterans Westbrook trusts to prevent him going into Hero ball mode is what they need. Watching their bench unit with Raymond Felton being their featured player at the beginning of crucial 4th quarters is mind boggling. One of Westbrook or George should be on the court at all times. They didn't even have any of their "Big 3" on the floor at the beginning of the 4th against the Lakers. Lakers were at the end of an 11 day road trip without Lonzo and lead nearly the entire game. OKC does not have anyone that can shoot the 3 ball well except maybe PG. They have no wing defenders except PG. Billy Donovan is not really a good coach, and his rotations are suspect. They have no leader they truly respect either. Westbrook this year has lost the respect of his teammates and I've seen them going at it on the bench all year.

bilaal14 likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Clippers were his favorite team growing up.

“The Los Angeles Clippers were the favorite team of Paul George when he was growing up in the area.

The Clippers could have selected George in the 2010 NBA Draft, but instead selected Al-Farouq Aminu.

“I’m happy where I’m at being here but (the Clippers) were one of the teams that did overlook me,” George said. “So I always have that in the back of my mind when I play them.””

BallSoHarden likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have always heard that Donovan was AWESOME

Rocket River

19. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Except that all the way from ownership to the coaches to the players, there is no resemblance of this current Lakers team to the one that he grew up with except their location.

20. Nook

Nook Member

We really don't know. He is limited in what he can do offensively because his best player has complete power over him and can play any style he wants. All Donovan can do is "suggest" changes.