1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

KD is laughing his ass off right about now. Now no one will blame him for leaving OKC.

2. Rockets4Life13

Never blamed him for leaving OKC. Only hate him for the team he chose to go to.

3. hakeemthagreat

Na fam. He's a notorious stat padder. The media ate it up and hyped him up to be something he is not. The excuse was that he didn't have anybody around him. Now that he's got 2 stars that excuse is invalid. While he didn't quit on us like Harden did in the playoffs, he still didn't deserve that MVP trophy last season. James got robbed

rockpileindisma likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol at OKC fans thinking that they can just trade Melo who they have made the 2nd biggest scapegoat on the team behind Donovan...they don’t even realize that Melo still has his NTC

if u want to trade Melo, then u better ask him to provide that list

5. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This is the part that makes me the most mad. In the preseason they were saying how much better the thunder's team was than the Rockets and then when the Rockets do well they say RUSSEL needs help. Look at all the players that were traded they are all doing really well right now on other teams ... BS

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I remember Summer 2016 nobody gave a damn about the Rockets, most media predicted OKC would have a better record.

and then we end up winning 55 games with Ryno and Eric Gordon then all of a sudden Westbrick is a hero and needs help and Harden has a better team............

7. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Delusional OKC fans blaming everyone but Wussel Rustbrook.

8. Rockets4Life13

Everyone, not only OKC fans.

Chris Broussard aswell. No problem that Chuckbrick is shooting 40% from the field and is still a horrible 3pt-shooter taking like 10 a game.
    No problem that he still doesn't contest shots to grad boards. lol

9. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

How many bricks could a westchuck chuck?

hajkov likes this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You think after Fiz lost a job because he went after a star he’s going to do it again with Westbrook?

LMAO. He’ll pass

francis 4 prez likes this.
  11. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think George or Melo should be absolved of any blame in this fiasco. They haven't adjusted their games at all either, and I never expected RW to change much.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

I think it's more about Melo than George. I think George might be OKC's best player right now. Steven Adams 2nd best.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah... three scorers on the same team. Won't work.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I place the blame on Westbrook. Coach Donovan hinted he’s been trying to get his players to move the ball more and have more movement but the players aren’t running it in his post game yesterday. One player who’s been constant in OKC franchise and their history of ISO ball. I just think WB doesn’t know how to play basketball any other way. He’s been so athletic that he hasn’t need to play any other way and he would just dominate the ball. If your pg won’t run the plays, what can you do as a coach?

15. hakeemthagreat

Not just that. The media as a whole is blaming Melo. Melo is going to be the next Kyrie. Every time OKC loses it'll be Melo's fault even if he had nothing to do with it whatsoever. Paul George just went 1-13 from the filed, but the headlines will read "Should Melo stop shooting". How about it's Westbrook's horrible shot selection?

DreamShook and Pen15clubber like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

@"I don’t mind one-pass, shot," coach Billy Donovan told reporters after the game. "But the one thing you don’t wanna do is you don’t wanna take highly contested shots. You don’t wanna take a lot of shots in areas of the floor that are gonna be low-percentage shots."”

With Melo and Russ on the floor? Good luck with that.

BigMaloe and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yeah, he's playing great defense, is passing the ball well, and hitting his threes. Yesterday, he led the bench on a big run in the 2nd quarter. As someone rooting for OKC to lose he's the one that's bugging me the most.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I've always thought a pg13/harden team up would be legit. A pg13/harden/cp3 team up would be boneristic.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Disagree. PG has adjusted quite a bit. Based on what I've observed, he is least likely of the 3 to take a terrible shot when he should have passed the ball. We all know about WB's "my turn" mentality but Melo is right there with him. Melo takes 2-3 shots in a row sometimes that just don't make sense. He has a lot of difficulty staying engaged while allowing another player to ride a hot hand. IMO, Melo feels like he has something to prove because of what happened on the Knicks. He has the "hired gun" mentality.

WB still chases assists. The Orlando game was an exception where it was clear in the 4th quarter all he cared about was winning. During some other losses when OKC needed to make a late run, I've seen him dish several consecutive possessions instead of trying to score.

PG is the one with his head screwed on in OKC. He isn't faultless, but he's not the main problem by a long shot.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ive seen media members go on rants/tirades about donovan/melo the most. Ive even heard some presti/bennett/george rants but ive yet to hear a single westbrook rant.

Nobody has the courage to criticize westbrook on tv. Only criticism towards westbrook are articles