1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

...but, but, I thought it was to their team’s benefit to let Westbrook steal rebounds from his teammates so he could initiate the offense faster!!!

Funny how making winning a mere secondary priority one year bleeds into the next. I hope you’ve learned your lesson and do better at your next jobs Donovan and Presti.

hakeem94 and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

At this point, Westbrook is probably content with his legacy being a 'triple-double guy', and not a winner.

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I still can't get over Westbrook saying he didn't know what his stats were. Videos of him getting mad when guys steal a rebound or don't shoot off his assist and he is still like "Man I just try to win games yall be talking about triple double nonsense."

4. omgTHEpotential

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I'm pretty sure they'll get it together and turn the corner........................
    Right into a brick wall!!!! :)

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

@DreamShook @Mathrocker @Pen15clubber and anyone else who loves OKC L’s

they’re starting to crack

“Anthony called the performance “sluggish.” But another theme arose during the locker room postgame: frustration.

Frustration following the Thunder’s 11th loss in 19 games. Frustration about an offense that can’t seem to figure out how to play efficient basketball. Frustration about the same problems plaguing a team with three perennial All-Stars, even if they’re showing at different times and in different ways.

“It’s not about staying positive. If you’re not upset when you lose a game, then you’re not here for the right reasons,” point guard Raymond Felton said. “So, everybody should be upset walking out of this locker room, because you should hate to lose. I know I do.”

Of course, that only means something if the Thunder use such frustration for good.

A slow 19 games probably won’t kill a season, even if it can pull the bottom out of playoff seeding. But the Thunder are undeniably infected, and they need to recognize a cure.

“Absolutely, we should be frustrated. We are frustrated,” George said. “We’re better than this. To lose a back to back, to lose down 25, 30 almost at one point of the game, yeah, we should be very frustrated about that.””

[​IMG]

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love it. Rockets fans knew what was up last season. OKC fans still don't get it lol. On their Reddit page they are still making threads like "why is Westbrook the only one who cares out there". Dude westbrooks "no help" is balling out on other teams now. When Westbrook leads the team in shot attempts, they lose. These guys are so far up westbrooks ass after Durant rolled out that they are blind. Westbrook has heart but he isn't very intelligent. Switch out harden and Westbrook last season and that team would not have looked like the "no help" squad. It's laughable.

8. Rockets4Life13

I've said it all last year too. Switch Harden and Westbrook and suddenly Adams isn't just a box out scrub, but an all-star.
    Oladipo isn't an inconsistent scrub, but a perennial allstar too.

Westbrook won the most undeserving MVP i've ever seen with the most obvious stat-hunting i've ever seen. Some smart guys (Colin Cowherd e.g) realised that but guys like Chris Broussard are to dumb to see it.

BUT BUT BUT they need him to collect a tripple double in order to win!!

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im fighting the good fight on westbrook > harden youtube comment deuches. They are still saying westbrook was MVP last year and he just needs more help this year LMAO.

They fall for his fire breathing huff and puff routine so easily. They say he “has the heart of a lion” LOL i cant even anymore.

doesnt get easier for them coming up either. They get magic on the road then spurs and twolves at home.

Im hoping they go 1-2. 0-3 would be amazing for us that are addicted to these OKC L’s lol.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Dwight got injured a few seasons ago and harden led a squad of Nick Johnson/ariza/papanikalou/dmo/tjones/josh smith/Canaan/Garcia/Dorsey/bev to one of the best records in the league. How many of those guys are even playing in the NBA anymore? Yet Adams/Roberson/kanter/oladipo/mcbuckets/sabonis/Felton/Gibson/grant is no help!?

11. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Goddammit, you hit the nail on the head. I distinctly remember Nick Johnson hitting a winning shot, D-Mo and Canaan playing lights out in a game against the Kings, etc. And Garcia... yep. Westbrook is EXTREMELY overrated.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

!!! Harden fouled out in OT in Minnesota I think. Game was almost over and DMo passed it to Nick Johnson for a game winning layup lol. That was a fun season. We won a lot of games but didn't have the scorers to blow teams out so every game was tough and fun.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

yeah its well known george constanza recipe

"When you look annoyed all the time, people think that you're busy."

14. dandorotik

I call BS on this- I remember one or two clutch shots he hit, but this is clearly extreme hyperbole:

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Russell Westbrook won the 2016-17 MVP for a lot of reasons, but maybe the one that rose above even NBA history was a simple concept: big shots in big spots. He had a run of clutch-time wizardry that was awe-inspiring and astonishing but might have set him up for a ruthless regression to the mean.

On Friday against the Detroit Pistons, with his team down one with the ball, five seconds to go, Raymond Felton inbounded to Westbrook some 40 feet from the basket. With Avery Bradley latched to him, Westbrook took two dribbles and pulled up from 3, letting the ball fly with three seconds on the clock. It hit the rim twice, the rebound was tipped away and the Pistons handed the Oklahoma City Thunder another close loss, 99-98.

AND THEN IT SAYS THIS:

It might've felt as if Westbrook made them all last season, but in that exact situation, he was 3-of-7 -- including 0-of-3 from 3. It always has been an undesirable habit of his, to take a 3 when a 2 would probably be better, but a year ago, there wasn't much second-guessing because of the other available options. A Westbrook 3 seemed mostly better than an anyone-else-anything.

I mean, I really think these people do not do basic research.

ghettocheeze and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. mikus

mikus Member

[​IMG]

I'm addicted to reading about when they lose :p

16. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

So when's the Westbrook Victims Only Meeting? For all the guys who only exist to serve Westbrook's stat padding.

Maybe former survivors Oladipo and Kanter can sponsor PG and Melo.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. dandorotik

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's all fine and dandy that he's getting exposed now but he already stole the MVP and there are no refunds. Just proves my point that even if Harden wins one it's a useless award. We should stop caring like Harden has and he knows better than most just how useless it is.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

smdh, someone please tell me how this shot "hit the rim twice." Just because WB said it was "In and Out", the writer just reports that as fact ???

Also, @dandorotik , do you have the link to that article, because it reads like the ESPN recap, but must have been edited from the version I used the morning after.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. seeingred

seeingred Member

The fact that last year two point guards were competing for the award and the tie breaker came down to... rebounds? Assists, efficiency, raw shooting %? Nah, rebounds bro.