1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok so do we give Tmac another year, or shop him this summer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MacYao223, Apr 27, 2008.

1. MacYao223

MacYao223 Member

If we lose this series, obviously the odds are def against us, then is the official end of Tmac in Htown? I have heard alot of people say he gets a free pass this postseason because of the lowered expectations. But his faults ultimately revealed themselves. He is a super talented player who is so ridiculously unreliable in clutch situations. Missed ft's, a lack of interest in playing D(cept for G2), jumpshot happy, a total lack of offseason conditioning that shows because he looks slow out their. This man will make u feel so sorry for him in his postgame speeches bout "i tried..." or the whole "blame me" thing from the other day. I love this team guys, so do is it in our best interest to hang on to TMac, or shall we ponder what is out their? I can tell u that with Denver losing, and George Karl being done, i think AI and Carmelo will soon be possibilities.

2. ibm

ibm Member

a tough one if you ask me. to many things to consider.

but from i've heard, morey is determined to give our core another try.

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Keep him, but control his minutes more and we definitely need a bit more help while maintaining our key and core players. Tracy is an extremely talented all-rounder and will help the team if we keep his legs fresh and his mind motivated.

4. Shaud

Shaud Member

So let me see, Melo and A.I. can't get it done with their team being healthy with all that talent around but yet you want them over T-mac? Maybe I misread. All I know is when T-mac goes to the bench our offense looks confused out there. Trading him would be stupid, building around him and Yao would be better.

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In fact, it depends on whether Tmac wants to stay in Houston or goes to another team for an extended contract. After all, his contract is only two years left, and it seems the rockets won't extend his contract this summer.

6. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Give him another year, and hope they can keep healthy next season.

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think you got to trade tmac or yao, cause they just get hurt to much.

8. HoustonRockets

I just don't see us getting a better player in trade for tmac

9. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

lol, you have got to love the logic of this board.

10. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

if denver wants to trade, i would trade tmac for AI and melo than watching the same **** for another season

11. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

At what age did Dream win his first? His second? Was the team healthy for the first at least?

T-Mac stays one more, minimum. If he and Yao can stay healthy, then it will be time for real.

But again I say, "This season ain't over yet." ;)

BELIEVE IT!

12. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

Get the third scorer. A penetrating point guard that can make shots consistently when left open. They can be one and the same or two different players, I don't care.

13. oschadha

oschadha Contributing Member

For both players! That is even more ridiculous let alone not even possible salary cap wise.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

unless suns are offerring nash + expiring/non-guaranteed contracts + picks. i'd rather the rockets kept him. i think they will too. when t-mac's contract expires the rockets will be able to bid for lebron.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

I really hope people are just typing off emotion right now because I've read some whacky stuff tonight.

16. bbjai

bbjai Member

Look

I don't know what the expection on Tracy Mcgrady is for this series. But I don't get why you guys are so down on a guy that has had to work his hardest for points in a 20 game stretch before the playoffs with Yao out, the Battier out, then Rafer out, and Landry out. I really don't. I don't want to make excuses for him, but in all honestly I don't see a person that hasn't been worked more then anyone else in the Western Conference. In fact I haven't seen a squad work harder then ours during the regular season and the post season either. We were due to run out of steam.

Dallas? New Orleans? San Antonio? Suns? LA? Nuggets? UTAH????

His been worked, the squads been worked. And we are still competitive. Has any squad has it as bad as ours?

We were lucky even to be in the playoffs.

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

if its that way then I guess I'll tolerate another disappointing season and then dump everything for LBJ

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

1st off Denver isn't trading Melo, maybe A.I. but not Melo, 2nd off I'd rather have T-mac over the both of them. Melo just admitted the whole team quit in a home game against the Lakers. All our players fought hard tonight in one of the toughest places to play.

If Melo or A.I. was traded here people would b**** they shoot too much or they don't play defense. Give me Mac over the both of them.

19. marciagong

marciagong Member

Please trade Mac. I don't wanna see him staying teammates with someone who constantly sets him up. Even one look at that jerk makes me wanna puke.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

With Yao... This teams beats the Jazz in 5. Everything that makes McGrady a horrible 1st option makes him an ideal 2nd option.