1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok, Now Where is mc mark

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeff, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Praying for you mc mark.

2. haven

haven Member

Please be ok.

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

My prayers as well my friend.
    I only hope you are on vacation (or away from your computer) and we can all laugh about this post in a few days

4. Alex

Alex Member

Can any of the admins check my ALMU name to see why its not working? For now, I will use this name. It won't let me reply or post under ALMU.

Well, times like this I thank God for my job.

I called various people at the top of our company chain and asked for clients or relatives that could have been hurt or could of been missing. So far, we have 2 clients from AMEX unheard from, 11 or so from MetLife, Sears and ATT. My boss told me that he spoke to the Vice Chairman directly from Stanley Dean Witter and he said (more or less) that New Yorkers who work for us usually arrive 10 minutes before they are suppose to and that this is the one time he thanked God if people dragged in late.

I asked my boss to ask for Mark McGriff and there is no mention of him on their list of employees.

Right now, my hands a pretty tied because I feel bad and a little selfish for asking for ONE guy we dont know. But, if you can find his name, his address, his anything, please email me and I will try to pull as much strings as possible. Many of the top people are unavailable and people are looking for people everywhere. Since the hits are right on the the heart of the Financial District, there is limited availability of people who can help me find Mark.

I can only pray and make calls to see if I can help find Mark. No guarantees. But I will try my best.

My email is almu0613@yahoo.com if you have any ideas.

Pray. Even if you don't think it will work. It sure can't hurt.

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I sent him an email. I hope he's okay. Please be okay MC Mark. You're in our prayers.

6. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

We exchanged a couple of e-mails last January when I was considering a move to NY. I have his home e-mail address and just sent a message and included a link to this thread so he/his family knows the Clutch BBS is concerned. I will post immediately if I hear anything.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

my prayers are with you mc

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

My prayers are with you as well...

Also, does anyone remember The Voice of Reason posting where he worked? I know he was also from NYC, but hasn't posted since Monday night. Let's pray we hear from both of them very soon...

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Where are you at buddy? I pray you and all around you are safe.

10. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Man, it says VOR is from shelter island, NYC in his profile. Where the heck is shelter island? Hopefully he is in a place where he can't communicate out, or had to evacuate. *Sigh*

11. Alex

Alex Member

I don't know where Shelter Island is. I will ask around.

I will be away from my machine for a bit. I am going to head to the west side and try to get close enough to get some pictures. If I do, I will post them, you can be assured.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

#52 Dr of Dunk, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
  13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Remember some guys might be too shaken to even think of going in the BBS . Stuff like this changes people's lives

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

"Shelter Island is 8,000 acres of land, marsh, and mist nestled between the North and South Forks of Long Island and surrounded by GardinerĂ­s, Shelter Island, and Peconic Bays. GardinerĂ­s Island to the east completes the sheltering effect. Shelter Island can be reached by shuttle ferries from both Greenport and North Haven, north of Sag Harbor. The County road through the island is Route 114."

I don't think that's anywhere near the former site of the WTC.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's about 112 miles from NYC. Ugh. :(

16. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

According to our fantasy football league webpage, VOR's roster was last accessed on Sep 12 2001, 7:32AM.

Hopefully, that's a good sign that he's okay.

17. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

mc mark, hopefully, you will read this soon and all is well. I truly pray everything is o.k. ....

18. The Voice of Reason

I may have info for you all!!

ok, my cousin gregg works(worked) on the 76th floor of the south building for morgan stanley. he was lucky enough to be on the 55th floor when the plane hit.
    it was the 2nd plane, and "it scored a direct hit on morgan stanleys offices" that quote is from the local news here in NY.

my sousin said that his entire dept is whiped out. i honestly cant remember what dept my cousin worked in, because he had recently had several promotions.

in my cousins estimations as of last night, most of gis coworkers are dead. i know this is not good news, but it is news.

now on the better side of that news. It was reported that less than 5 minutes after the first building was hit, MSDW decided to evacuate their offices. bith it the WTC tower, and in WTC 7(for this of you that dont know there are more than 12 buildings in the world trade center(i think its actually in the 20s) 1000 workers were in wtc7, and most are presumed ok
    as far as the south tower, there were 3500 in there. and hopefully in the 10 or so minutes they had to get out of there most of them made it down a few flores before impact.

and yes im fine too, but i live out in the hamptons, and work here too, so im ok. i like everyone else out here know people directly affected by this, and it is painfull to walk around town when everyone you see is crying, or about to. the whole Ny area is in mourning like you couldnt immagine. EVERYONE, and i mean Everyone out here knows peoiple that work in those buildings. its just unfathomable

peace,

and MC, i hope you get to read this and realize how important your life is!

EDIT: it says Im from NY in my profile, not NYC :). ask any manhattanite. big difference :) thanks gfor the concern though it is appreciated.

#58 The Voice of Reason, Sep 12, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2001
  19. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

I just found out today that one of my friends that worked on the 103rd floor of One WTC made it out but is in critical condition at a nearby hospital. Her cousin is still missing. Most people below the 90 floor were able to get out in time from what my other friends that work there told me. I'm being very positive for MC Mark that he made it out as well as my friend's cousin.

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Glad to see you're ok VOR! :) Now all we have to do is make sure mc mark is ok. :)