1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ok boomer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 29, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah. Boomer backlash dates back at least to 2015.

There's more to it than just an ageist meme (as stair fearing boomers like @Os Trigonum would have you believe)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...k-boomer-meme-about-meaning-gen-z-millennials

Don’t get it twisted. It’s important to understand that what really lies behind “OK boomer” is increasing economic, environmental, and social anxiety, and the feeling that baby boomers are leaving younger generations to clean up their mess.​

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@Os Octogenarian

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I pity the young folk

https://arcdigital.media/why-is-sex-declining-in-america-d74ab90c3a1d

Americans, especially young Americans, have seen a recent, and very significant, decline in sexual activity. Much of the commentary about this “sex recession” treats it as a puzzle, with the cause yet to be determined. Most likely, it’s a combination of multiple trends that have, in economics terms, reduced both the supply and demand for sexual relationships.

The latest data from the U.S. General Social Survey (GSS) shows that the proportion of Americans who did not have any sex in the past year has drifted upwards from under 20 percent to around 23 percent today. Somewhat more dramatically, the number of people reporting that they have sex on a weekly basis has declined from almost 50 percent to under 40 percent. But when the numbers are broken down by age and gender, the profound nature of the cultural change becomes apparent.

23 percent of 18 to 29-year-olds report having no sex in the past year. If that seems high, it is. In 2008, less than 10 percent of this age group reported being celibate. For comparison, only 7 percent of the 30–39s and 9 percent of the 40–49s were celibate last year. Even the 50–59 group is far less likely to be celibate than young adults (13 percent).

The young are having a lot less sex than older people. Instinctively — for Generation X-ers like me, at least — this matches the popular idea of a more puritanical, socially conservative generation. The young are having less sex, taking less recreational drugs, and having less fun than we did.

Many explanations for this revolve around the idea that there’s so much more to do these days. The young — it must be admitted — have far more to do than my generation did. In 1980s London, some of my lonelier and more troubled peers took to heavy drinking (bad), glue-sniffing (worse), or heroin (worse still) to escape a reality that was, it must be admitted in hindsight, dull compared to today. But while millennials are using mar1juana and cocaine less than previous generations, they are using prescription painkillers more, suggesting that this generation also has voids to fill.

Breaking down the numbers further by gender reveals an even more startling trend. A decade ago, young men and women were reporting similar levels of sexual activity. Only about 8–10 percent of each group were celibate. Now, while the number of celibate young women has doubled to 18 percent, for men the proportion has tripled, to 28 percent. This is a seismic change, and one that deserves examination.
    more at the link

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So that makes it Ok to just label a whole group of people?

And in your case people that are not even boomers because they disagree with you?

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The cause is online p*rn.

The Real Shady likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I don't think Soylent Green is that bad an idea.

8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Not your best work King.

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Why are you such an *******? Not this post in particularly but man seems like you're on everyone about everything.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I was joking and King knows that I **** with him like that from time to time.

I might be his biggest fan.

Calm down dude.

The only person I have been on is FC and he gives it out as well.

Have I been on you?