1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OJ Simpson to admit to his wife's murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets Pride, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

O.J Simpson has confessed to Oprah Winfrey that he murdered his former wife, it has been reported.

The talk show host made headlines recently saying that one of her regrets was never having got the shamed former sportsman to confess to the killing.
    And it appears her wish may well have come true with reports Simpson has already told one of her producers in an interview from jail that he knifed ex-wife Nicole in self-defence – a confession he will now repeat to the talk show queen during a spectacular televised sit down interview. …

“He told the producer: “Tell Oprah that yes, I did it. I killed Nicole, but it was in self-defence. She pulled a knife on me and I had to defend myself”,’ the insider was quoted as saying.

‘I went over there to give her a piece of my mind,’ he was quoted as saying. When he arrived and no one answered at the house, he started pounding the door and shouting, according to the report.
    The door allegedly then swung open and Nicole was standing there with a kitchen knife in her hand.

‘O.J. told the producer, “she was yelling go away! Go away! And waving the knife around at me. At one point she was lunging at me with the knife and I was just trying to talk to her. Nicole stepped out of the apartment – slashing the knife in the air.

‘”I was in such a rage that something just snapped. I couldn’t take her constant taunting of me with other men or her using drugs and drinking while my kids were living with her. I went beserk.

‘”Before I knew what I was doing I took the knife away from Nicole and started slashing at her. I cut her over and over again until she was lifeless. I was shocked at my own anger – I had killed the woman I had loved for so long..”‘

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...w-planned.html

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

IIRC, Nicole Brown was stabbed so viciously and repeatedly in the neck that she was virtually decapitated.

He may have initially acted in self-defense, but it turned into outright slaughter.

Once he had the knife, the threat was obviously neutralized... he's a former professional athlete and couldn't "protect" himself from this woman without killing her? Eh.

Glad he's finally admitting he did it though.

3. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

something tells me that this article may not be true

4. Major

Major Member

There's no statute of limitations on murder. If new evidence comes to light (a confession), can he be re-tried?

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm skeptical too especially since the link said that the article was no longer available.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

8. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

when his lawyer died i heard on that report that even if he confessed he wouldnt get in trouble becuase of some clause or something like that

9. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Double Jeopardy. You can't be tried for the same crime twice after being acquitted.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

He can't be tried for murder by the State of California again but it is possible he could be tried for federal charges or other crimes. As the Rodney King case showed there are ways around Double Jeopardy.

12. van chief

van chief Member

no i think its called

Double
    [​IMG]

Double jeopardy is a procedural defense that forbids a defendant from being tried again on the same, or similar charges following a legitimate acquittal or conviction. At common law a defendant may plead autrefois acquit or autrefois convict (a peremptory plea), meaning the defendant has been acquitted or convicted of the same offense.[1]

13. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

14. SunsRocketsfan

he's not a young anymore he will most likely die in jail anyways

15. Major

Major Member

Certainly; but I wasn't sure if new evidence has any potential to change that, especially given the ability to charge him with other offenses still on the table. Murder has no statute of limitations, but are there other crimes he could be charged with?

16. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the article said he only got a 9 year sentence, which means he will probably only serve 4 or 5.

i highly doubt this story is true. he did it, but after all these years why would he finally admit to it?

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought this was already supposed to have happened....

[​IMG]

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Personally, I'm already sure he did it, and giving him a chance to make excuses for it isn't going to help anyone but him.

19. SunsRocketsfan

20. SunsRocketsfan

So it really depends if he can get out on parole.