1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ohio shootings - 8 people shot execution-style

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Houstunna, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohio-shooting-pike-county/index.html

(CNN) — Eight family members found dead in a rural southern Ohio community were shot in the head "execution style," most while they slept, authorities said Friday.

Officers are searching for the killer or killers, who are probably armed and a danger to surviving family members, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader said.

"We have a specific family that's been targeted but I don't think there's been a threat to any other members of the community," he said. "I've given the family precautionary measures to make. They know we're available."

Investigators discovered seven adults and a 16-year-old dead at four crime scenes, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine said. The victims included a mother slain while her 4-day-old child lay beside her, he said.

That child, along with a 6-month-old and a 3-year-old, survived the killings, Reader said

He didn't name a suspect or give a motive, but said all victims are members of the Rhoden family.

"We're advising family members to be very careful and take particular caution," DeWine said. "This is a matter of public safety, especially for the Rhoden family."

#1 Houstunna, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

My god that's weird. Like some sort of gangster movie.

1 person likes this.
  3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah...

I know someone in Lubbock who had something similar happen to a neighbor on her street. The family had moved from Texas' 2nd largest city, probably in escape. They only lasted 3 months. The villains tracked them down and killed everyone (6 people) in the house, babies included. Their father had done something to somebody, but wasn't there at the time.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

mar1juana was being grown at 3 of the 4 sites of these murders. Sounds like drug crime. Interesting twist. I'll be curious to see what else comes out about this.

My wife deals with shootings and stabbings all the time, which about 90% of them are drug related, and she swears that we need to do society a favor and teach those criminals with drug related pasts how to accurately shoot to kill and stab to kill. She says she sick of seeing criminals shooting each other three times, only to survive and do it again in another three months. I tend to agree.

I've never accused her of being politically correct, but she has good ideas a lot of the time.

5. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

what's your wife's job, if you don't me asking?

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Drug dealer.

1 person likes this.
  7. ling ling

ling ling Member

She works at a Holiday Inn.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Corrupt policewoman.

9. hvic

hvic Member

I blame rap music

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

High School Chemistry teacher

11. Buck Turgidson

I like people with common sense.

I do need more facts here, though.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They let the kids live. Most likely white perps. Mexicans would have left no one alive and blacks would have bundled the operation and left a pizza box with DNA or something.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

Lead Writer for every episode of Criminal Minds. And Sesame Street.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

taxi driver

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

She is an undercover double operative working with Costa Rica and Mozambique.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

At first, I thought it was a family member. Assuming no forced entry or calls to 911 most likely means the suspect(s) were let in under non-hostile conditions, or they had access to the houses. However...

[rQUOTEr]Slaying of eight Ohio family members called 'sophisticated' execution

Eight family members found shot to death at four homes in rural Ohio were specifically targeted for execution in a pre-planned, "sophisticated operation," authorities said on Sunday as their investigation of the unsolved killings entered a third day.

Revealing one possible clue in the case, officials said investigators had found three mar1juana cultivation sites at one of the homes, but they declined to say whether the cannabis "grows" might be linked to the killings.[/rQUOTEr]

That's still a lot to go through over mar1juana. Since this is in southern Ohio - northern Appalachia - I'm guessing prescription meds and meth are also in the mix.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

She's a marine biologist.

18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Daycare worker

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Have they figured out which member of the family it is yet? Seems obvious its someone in the family.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

UnReal

Rocket River