1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oh, Najeh....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rockHEAD, Jul 9, 2002.

1. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Packers fullback charged with burglary in Miami

MIAMI -- Green Bay Packers fullback Najeh Davenport was arrested Monday, accused of breaking into a university dormitory and defecating in a woman's closet.

Davenport, 23, surrendered to police Monday and was charged with a second-degree felony count of burglary and a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief, said Richard Master, a Miami Shores police spokesman.

The former University of Miami player was wanted on a warrant issued in April. He was released Monday from a Miami-Dade County jail after posting a $6,500 bond. If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to 15 years in prison.

"This whole thing is a misunderstanding. Najeh had nothing to do with the situation," said Richard Sharpstein, Davenport's attorney.

According to police, Davenport crept into a dorm room at Barry University around 6 a.m. on April 1. A woman sleeping in the room, Mary McCarthy, told police she was startled by a strange sound and saw Davenport squatting in her closet. Davenport then allegedly defecated in a laundry basket, McCarthy told detectives.

McCarthy told police she didn't know Davenport. Campus security identified the football player from a picture in the University of Miami yearbook.

Sharpstein said he was confident authorities would drop the charges against his client.

The Packers released a statement Monday saying team officials have spoken to Davenport about the allegations.

"It would be inappropriate for us to comment further on this matter, however, until the legal system has run its course," the statement read.

The 6-foot-2, 248-pound Davenport was selected by the Packers in the fourth round of the NFL Draft.

---

he's a closet closet defecator

:rolleyes:

2. Hydra

Hydra Member

What did he steal? Doesn't burglary mean that you stole something? I would expect the burglary charge to be dropped and for him to plead no-contest to the mischeif charge if he weren't a football player. As is, I think it will just go away.

3. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Well, he certainly TOOK something! Whether or not it was stolen, only his proctologist knows for sure.

:eek:

:D

4. drapg

drapg Member

i'm literally dumbfounded! i can't imagine what i would think if i woke up in the morning to find a huge man taking a dump in my laundry basket! I don't know if i'd scream, laugh, or roll over and go back to sleep b/c i KNEW I HAD to be having a nightmare!

can you imagine waking up in the morning to that kind of scene... i mean i'm disoriented enough when i wake up everday, but... all i can say is WOW! i'm at a loss for words! well not really, since i just typed all this! :eek:

5. TraJ

TraJ Member

...and I thought my dog was picky.

6. Ninja Sauce X

Ninja Sauce X Member

hahahahahahahahahahahAHHAHAHAHahahahahahAHAHAhahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAh

Sadly this has happened to me before.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

And there he sat all broken hearted...

8. drapg

drapg Member

were you the sleeper or the dumper?

9. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Hey, man, when you gotta go, you gotta go.