1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason Priority

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nwcougar, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Make it as short as possible.

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I am Brewer la la la

3. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Is that you Morey..

4. Airdough

Airdough Member

That stat line does not take in account the amount of times he made his way into the middle, causing our bigs to have commit help defense and thereby losing position on rebounds. He missed some open looks too. You can have an impact on the game outside of recordable stats.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am required by NBA rules to say no.

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Our #1 priority is to get a better starting PG.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I don't mind signing Jason Williams for a super low price for our backup or 3rd string? He could be a great backup tho... assists/lobs all day?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bM06UzJXbAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

His Top 10 NBA Plays:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8b0XbtpFsA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I can't believe how easy passing and handling the ball was for him... also surprised he's not in the NBA anymore.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

#3 Get him to drop that butt

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i love speculating about off season moves, but i agree that its time for playoff discussions!

also, under the radar move: papa for chalmers

PG with championship experience (think of what adding players with championship experience did for us this year with ariza, brewer, and terry), plays 3-D role well. knows how to play in big playoff games without making mistakes like stupid turnovers or bad shots. and the heat are investing in dragic and napier so they would let him go for a younger wing player.

bev's 3-D is replaced for less $ and higher IQ/experience.

10. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I like that. They still need the 3rd piece that can take the heat off of Harden on the offensive end.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

bruh

12. Sephkane

Sephkane Member

I agree, resigning brewer and upgrading the point guard position are the top two priorities.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Our off-season hasn't started yet. Table this until mid-June!

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Offseason priority:
    1). either resign Brewer or sign Wesley Matthews.
    2). bring Lull over
    3). develop Capella

we can easily replace Smoove with Jones and DMO, and save our money to play big in 2016 free agency. We've got the best free agent draw in the league not named Bron or Curry.

15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Morey will probably try to convince Brewer and Smith to take 1 yr deals and go for the big money in 2016. Rockets maintain flexibility and are still contenders in 15/16 and Brewer and Smith get and opportunity to get paid in the future. Everyone wins.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Just a little interesting thought, why not look at Wes Matthews? That's it though we have other things to worry about, just thought I'd mention that.

1 person likes this.
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Blazers players worried LaMarcus Aldridge will leave in free agency

<a href="http://t.co/374UKjApjg">http://t.co/374UKjApjg</a> <a href="http://t.co/e2xrXP1AIO">pic.twitter.com/e2xrXP1AIO</a></p>&mdash; CBS Sports NBA (@CBSSportsNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSSportsNBA/status/590149063863103488">April 20, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>