1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason pipedream, Big Three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Harden/Ariza/Durant/Ryno/Horford Moreh's dream KD and Harden can take turns playmaking but with Ryno probably asking for max, it's unlikely it'll happen along with KD prob going elsewhere.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I used to think Lowry would have been a good fit with Harden, but Lowry takes up quite a bit of time on the shot clock before passing, and he likes to drive to the basket.

Only George Hill fits in well with Harden IMO at the 1. We do need to look for
    option 1 a, a near max guy( 16 M or so) instead of chasing Durant.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

With option 1a I'm talking about superstars in the tier of Durant, Bron, Melo, etc, aka the guys that we are not able to acquire and waste time on.

My take on option 1b would be max guys that are not superstars, aka Conley, Lowry, Batum, Gasol brothers, Horford. The chance of netting the 2nd tier max players is way higher and they'd improve the team a lot.

Regarding fit: As you said, there's basically no real PG that fits next to Harden, sometimes I think we should look for a 3&d combo guard as a starter next to Harden, these guys would be way cheaper and attainable.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ah, the dream of pipes, which entices all Rockets fans just as Taco Bell, trolly worms, and strip clubs lure James Harden.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

roflmao . This comment is GOAT status.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Where is Eric Snow when you need him???

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

We will end up with Barnes.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

He is now known as Mike Conley.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I'd be fine if they start bringing in guys who can do either one of the two.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Durant is not a pipedream. Now LeBron and Melo are but Harden and Durant bromance can't be underestimated. There's a good chance. Even if it happened it still takes so much work to win the chip.

11. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Kevin Durant and Mike Conley

12. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Ty Lawson could be a big part of a sign-n-trade with his non-guaranteed contract.

13. Sanity2disChaos

If they are tight (Harden/Durant) as people say then we are in a great spot to sign him. The only thing I can see stopping us is a horrible roster build around him and money.

Bros over the NBA!! Ha!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We had big 3 with Parsons, we had potential big 3 with DMo.

DD

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Big 5:
    Lowry
    Harden
    Parsons
    DMo
    Howard

16. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Wow... Just drop it man! If D-Mo is healthy (which would be the only reason he is useful to the rockets), then he is about to get PAID! If the Rockets want to retain Howard or just make a run at more than Durant, they have to let him go. You either get a pick now, or get nothing later. I really like D-MO, but he's not a Big 3 guy and neither is Parsons..

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Durant has bad feet - Howard has a bad back.

Why would anyone pay MAX money to two guys who are one additional injury from being done?

DD

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you have anything positive at the bottom of your back pack, DD? Just wondering.

19. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Durant, Howard, and DMo. Basically identical players.

Hopefully DMo can go on to the sort of historic career that a guy like Spanoulis had. Wasn't he another of your man crushes?

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Risk vs Reward! You're really going to ask why we would prefer guys that are proven 'Elite' players at their position (Yes, Dwight is still an elite Center in the current NBA), over someone who was hurt during their first good season? D-Mo may still be very good, or he may never play as well as he did last season. Either way, you're not giving up a chance at Elite players to keep him. I love D-Mo, but that's jus the way it works out.

I'll say that D-Mo is a better scorer than Dwight in EVERY WAY! But, he doesn't rebound or block shots, which you desperately need against the bully teams of the west. I would have liked to have resigned him this summer, but he will command too much money, it's that simple.