1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offseason pipedream, Big Three

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Feb 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think we'll get Durant, but it doesn't seem to hurt to try. If giving DMo a big contract coming off back surgery is the alternative, then we're better off with the pick and cap space.

2. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Is it still a pipe dream to hope that we can resign Howard to a reasonable contract leaving enough room to offer Horford a enticing deal?

Durant isn't coming here - everyone, including Morey, should accept that.

3. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I updated the cap situation worksheet with the $92 million estimate. The max percentages aren't exactly right, but I based them off of the past percentages so they should be within .001%.

[​IMG]

The good thing is the first two scenarios still work even if Dwight opts in for some reason as his player option is for $23,282,457.

1 person likes this.
  4. NBADraft2003

NBADraft2003 Member

Don't see LeBron leaving Cleveland because he's basically stuck there, his legacy would be ruined if he goes anywhere else. However, Durant is the guy to bring in with Howard and Harden depending on KD's relationship with Dwight.

5. chasingu

chasingu Member

so many teams are gambling on Durant

6. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I would go after Beal sign and trade, and go after Love.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

With Harden on the roster, Rockets will be considered one of the top destinations for Durant

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus christ how can people be so dumb.

Can someone find a big enough face palm gif? I'm having trouble.

9. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Why would Durant want to come here? Can someone enlighten me? Why would he want to leave Westbrook?

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Zergling knows Maury stole Durant's favorite stuffed Kermit and he'll do anything to get it back.

[​IMG]

11. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Ill take horford/pau and Conley.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I wonder if Conley will demand a max.

13. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

We need a real head coach.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So I could see this as a really smart route this off season if / when we inevitably strike out on Durant.

Dump Brewer, waive Lawson, renounce TJ and Howard's rights

Sign Barnes to max contract (21.6 mill)

Then sign Gasol to a 1 year + 1 year team option contract for around 23-25 mill

Use left over 4-6 mill to sign a decent backup PG (Bayless, Sessions, Lin etc) to a one year deal.

Beverley / Bayless
    Harden / KJ
    Barnes / Ariza
    Gasol / Harrell / Dekker
    Capela

+ vet min players, + Rookies

What that does is give us a really good competitive squad, but at the same time sets us up to have a huge amount of cap in the 2017 free agenxy.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

"Nobody beats the Wiz," but don't you think Walt's a little long in the tooth? (I saw you meant Marvin. I couldn't resist.)

16. Batman Jones

I should think Les would be happy with either.

17. Batman Jones

I don't have any more on this than you guys do, just the conventional wisdom that it's so. I have two wishes if so and either would make me happy.

1. Somehow the squad that made the WCF rediscovers itself after the reset button of the break and makes it to 6th, where they could surprise.
    2. Les agrees to let Daryl have the freedom to lose this year if it means getting significantly better next year. I think DM has done the impossible in trying to rebuild without losing and in getting us all the way to the WCF in the process. I think he could do a lot more if he weren't under pressure to rebuild without losing.

Daryl and I have not discussed any of this, by the way. It is strictly my opinion as is everything I post.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

You can forget about Durant and Conley, they are not that stupid. Horford is someone Morey actually might not pursue because of his injury history, but who knows. We will probably S&T for a PF or maybe Anderson and I don't see us going after Batum or any other SF besides Durant with Ariza still here so.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I feel like Conley will sign within day 1 or 2 of free agency. He seems extremely loyal and as long as Marc there it is a good 1-2 punch. They need to fix the rest of their team though.

20. valorita

valorita Member

Honestly I think the reason most of us are disappointed in moving dmo and the trade dealine is because of expectations...
    Expectations that morey, based on hx, could have made some magic moves
    Expectations that the team would have performed better this season
    Expectations that dmo was probably the only real likeable guy that was part of our future