1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating this year has been bad, but one Ref takes the cake...guess who?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tonybrooksadj, Jan 5, 2011.

1. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

I cant recall a game Rockets or otherwise I have watched in which Joey Crawford was an official that I wasn't disgusted with the way he calls the game. It always seems like its the most pivotal games year in and year out and there he is to ruin my evening with bad call lube. Just had to get that out there that is all...

1 person likes this.
  2. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Tonight was awful! We were fouled the last 4 or 5 possessions

3. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

Man they could have taken a saw to Brad Miller and the wouldnt have called it

4. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I was thinking either Dick Bavetta, Joey Crawford, or Bob Delaney.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

HOW was that an offensive foul that they called on Martin? Fernandez was never set.

6. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

NBA is rigged..this old f..ing man probably bets against us every time..

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

whine about the refs more?

Portland was a better team tonight, not the refs fault that Houston couldn't get a field goal for 9 minutes of the 4th quarter and lost by 3.

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Crawford actually saved us a few times. He bailed Martin out at least once down the stretch. It was Guthrie that killed us. Not that I don't hate Crawford. He still sucks. Whenever I see him, I know we are going to need a near perfect game to win.

By the way, how many times did Batum and Fernandez foul out tonight? Three times each? LOL!

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Seriously. Rockets deserved to lose.

10. RocketsFan09

RocketsFan09 Member

Aldridge traveled on their last possession...but I guess this is the NBA.

11. AggieRocketsFan

Crawford has worked four of our games so far this season:

11/17/10 @OKC = Loss
    • Rockets +2FTA +3Fouls

12/4/10 @CHI = Loss
    • Rockets +12FTA -11Fouls

12/17/10 MEM = Win
    • Rockets -11FTA +4Fouls

1/5/11 POR = Loss
    • Rockets -11FTA -1Fouls

12. tonybrooksadj

tonybrooksadj Member

I would like to see the all time stats if they are out there or at least since yao has been a Rocket, seems like he has a hard on for our team, then again maybe im just crazy

13. Joe Gent

Joe Gent Member

Watch the last few mins of the game and see if you don't want to think about this. The refs KILLED the momentum. We were the better team not Portland.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Miller was being assaulted in the paint and got no calls.

LMA was getting foul calls before making his move to the basket.

I don't get it? Oh, yeah I do.

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

There's some truth behind every conspiracy.. don't let ignorance fool you.

16. Steve_Francis_rules

I didn't watch the game last night, but I agree that Crawford is horrible.

He always ends up officiating key Lakers games in the playoffs, and they always end up winning, often in controversial fashion. Let's not forget that the Lakers current streak of Finals appearances began when they beat the Spurs in the conference finals in 2008. Crawford reffed the pivotal Game 5, which ended in a very questionable non-foul call against Derek Fisher. This was one year after he had been suspended for blatant misconduct directed against Tim Duncan.

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

If my job was to make sure this team wins by or wins by "X" amount of points, I'm going to do my best to make sure it looks like I had nothing to do with it. I might even make 1 or 2 bad calls in favor of the team I want to lose. I would call every touch foul against them, and I wouldn't call as many fouls for them unless they're noticeable.

Sometimes the job is tricky ensuring both teams score more than "X" amount of points, and one team wins by less than "X" amount of points.

If an official calls one "offensive foul" and misses four fouls over the course of a game that's 10 points in favor of one team. The Rockets have a lot of heart so they keep battling. They don't quit and it usually takes more than a 10 point swing.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

He must have had $$$ on the game. I'm not to complain about refs too much but it was pretty obvious last night that the game was determined by the refs. Can't make shots if they are hacking you.

19. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Refs don't bet on games.

Don't you think it's a little convenient that the league began enforcing the zero tolerance policy this season?

Lakers
    Miami
    Spurs
    Dallas
    Boston
    Orlando

There are too many good teams this year and a lot of people gamble on these teams.

20. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Kevin Martin by himself nearly shot as many FTs as the whole Blazer team. And Portland was in the paint far more.

I think the refs were actually very generous to the Rockets. And please don't b**** about that last play. Lee initiated all the contact and was lucky to not get called for an offensive foul.