1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Officiating points of emphasis for Game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 19, 2015.

1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

If it's Lebron vs Curry I'm going for Lebron all day!!

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What did McHale say in the postgame press conference?

3. houston19519

houston19519 Member

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron gets hacked a ton and gets no calls. The heat last year had the fewest FTS for a finals series. I think people just like to b**** about the refs. The warriors had more fouls called against them. They also shot fewer FTS. When harden stopped going for the foul and went for the shot they did real well.

5. Mr Chuck Norris

Dwight needs to put Draymond on his ass like he did to Blake Griffin.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

McHale needs to get T'd up at the very beginning of a game (would've been good if it was this one) at the very first instance they do an illegal screen that isn't called.

Step onto the court screaming.

Let the refs know they're on notice and you're not going to sit idly by while they can cheat whilst we can't.

I'm so F'ing sick of seeing Dwight get called for offensive fouls but other big men rarely every do against us.

At least put it in the refs head at the end of the game they need to be watching that closely.

1 person likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

The Curry and-1 on Terry was ridiculous...

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

All he said was "there was a lot of holding and grabbing going on out there, but we've got to play through it."

10. COMPAQ CENTER

COMPAQ CENTER Member

I don't like to complain about the refs but it was obvious that when the Rockets took the early lead by double digits that the refs favored GS by calling touch fouls against the rockets. The bad calls that stuck in my mind are;:

A 7 seconds lane violation against Levingston when he made the layup in Q2 was not called.

Three pointer made by Terry that was counted as only two even though the ref raised his arm at 8 minute mark in Q 3. That is really puzzling.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The refs blew a critical call at the end of the game when Josh complained a ball went off Thompson out of bounds, aka turnover. There was a break in action and the refs didn't even review it. I think the game was tied. It comes back and GS promptly scores when they inbound the ball. The ball clearly brushed off Thompson on its way out. We got screwed on that one and it cost us the game imo.

12. The Stig

The Stig Member

So what's the deal with the no-call on Draymond Green's wrestling skirmish with Ariza on the sidelines that led to an open bucket? Thought that sealed the game for us.

13. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I think they deemed it an "off the ball foul but within the play." Which is similar to a defender fouling a guy fighting for low post position in the last 2 minutes. They'll likely rule it as not an intentional hack by Klay or whoever it was that fouled Brewer on the break.

There were other more egregious calls though, like all the little things GS gets away with on offense. I think the officials will at the very least look out for those things in game 2. We just need to put similar effort and hope Dwight can play.

14. The Stig

The Stig Member

Also, this may sound ridiculous but shouldn't Curry be warned about flopping while he shoots? He tries to draw contact coming down and falling to sell the contact. Prime example is when Jones went up to contest his 3 pointer late in the game yesterday. Anyone feels the same way?

15. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yes, and he clearly pushed off Brewer (who went flying of course) to drain a transition 3 late in the game. That is clearly an offensive foul.

16. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah, I think there is one very fair point that you have to play through no-calls and just be aggressive & physical, make things happen, and you're good. Harden was trying to draw fouls early in the game to no avail, and so he started to focus on making baskets, making plays, making his outside shots.

We rightfully took a commanding lead, and then the officials CLEARLY decided to get the Warriors back in the game. I am fine with no-calls BOTH WAYS and ticky-tack fouls if you call them on both ends. That's not the case, it was hugely (and egregiously as other posters are referencing) one-sided and inconsistent. That's B.S.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Rockets also attacked the rim at least twice as much as the Warriors did. The refs weren't atrocious, but hardly acceptable. Way too many missed calls, with some being rather obvious.

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Hey man apologies, that video you did was actually pretty good. You were all over the Warriors jock before the series so I just assumed you to be a Dubs fan. I wasn't the only one.

19. Man

Man Contributing Member

Good idea, and why not start chanting "Refs you suck" before the game even begins in Game 3.

20. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The NBA sent refs that would be conducive to a Warriors win. Curry really is the golden boy. The Warriors have won like 8 straight with Dan Crawford I think it was as ref.

1 person likes this.