1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

He's a gamer for sure. Love him more for the struggles he's overcome. Hard to read the fair weather fan hate. He could up that fastball I believe but he is very rigid with mechanics

Nook, Roc Paint, BigM and 1 other person like this.
  2. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I think game 5 start is certain

3. AstrosRockets1818

One game at a time baby!!! We got this.

clutch city

4. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Weird they don't prefer wire transfers to physical cash. I know that "Money Plays", but c'mon.

RustyHarden likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hmmm....sounds like y'all visiting the Texans' forum, where y'all **** anything positive because you don't like the coach.

I'm not doom and gloom, but not going to shine sun rays up the Astros' asses. Expectations for a team that wins 107 is MUCH higher. Claiming to be one the best teams ever, show it in the WS.

#4945 Mr.Scarface, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  6. CinematicFusion

It’s a 2-1 series. Relax... Astros will win game 7.... they win tonight, Astros in 6.

oh... and how weak is the Soto shuffle. Loved how Greinke played with him.
    Reminds me of Lima and his antics

Htown Stros and RustyHarden like this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They stop the bleeding, but still have a long way to go to win the series. 1 game at a time. This game is huge because they have to start the rookie. If they can win game 4, it goes a LONG way for their chances.

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

If the Astros win tonight, the Nationals would have to win two games against Cole, Verlander, and Greinke.

They already did it once in the first two games. Can they do it twice in one series?

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No, they won't. If the Astros win tonight, they're winning this series.

10. SemisolidSnake

If these playoffs have proven anything, it's that our preconceptions, even tempered, mean nothing. Could they beat Cole and JV again? Sure. Could Cole and JV flat out embarrass them in a complete turnaround? Sure.

It sounds so hindsight-gloaty now, but I was legitimately curious before last night's game if Greinke might flummox them since he's so different from the other two. It sure looks like he did. I think tonight will be the most interesting game of the series with Urquidy pitching. He's got plenty of movement and break but still with available speed. This could potentially be very flummoxing to the Nats. Hope it is.

RustyHarden and ktex like this.
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

He’s like Carlos Gomez reincarnated

adw, jcee15 and RustyHarden like this.
  12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I’m feeling good about Urquidy tonight

I love a pitcher that can use a change up

Urquidy doesn’t have to have his best heat tonight , but I hope he has his best command

If he can out the ball where he wants to and change speeds I’m confident he’ll put up a solid outing.

mikol13, punkoholic and RustyHarden like this.
  13. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

As I said previously, it's a much different game when you get to face the pitcher...it changes the way you pitch and how you attack the 7 and 8 hitters. Greinke is a NL type pitcher at this point in his career IMO - getting to face Sanchez and stranding Robles on 3rd while keeping the lead was huge.

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  14. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Hahaha. Yea on meth. It's good for game imo. Fun

Htown Stros likes this.
  15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think tonight is for all the marbles, whoever wins it, wins the series. No pressure. Somebody in the dugout please pinch Bregman on the butt every times he goes out to bat. He needs to be more alert. Maybe pour cold water down his shirt too. How about fire ants in the back of pants. Get this guy going!

H-Town Info likes this.
  16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m really hoping he breaks Craig Biggio’s record of players being hit by pitches

RustyHarden likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I've been in Vegas all week and the ratio of Astros fans to Nats has been 20 to 1.

Edit; I wrote it backwards initially lol

#4958 DonnyMost, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    everyday eddie likes this.
  19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

If Correa and Bergman get a couple hits I expect a win

20. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Our lineup hasn't been released yet has it? I can't find it anywhere yet - I'm curious to see if he'll play Yordan tonight.

Also, if Suzuki's injury keeps him out going forward that would be HUGE for us...the guy has been a robot blocking balls back there.

Edit: Another interesting tidbit..."Scherzer raved this season about the veteran catcher’s game-calling ability, and his numbers with Suzuki (99 2/3 innings, 2.08 ERA) compared favorable to Gomes (72 2/3, 4.09)."

He blocked a couple of Scherzer's pitches in game 1 with runners on 2nd and/or 3rd where I was amazed he was able to stop them...he spiked that curve so many times and clearly he feels comfortable doing it. Such a huge difference than when you don't feel comfortable doing so and it can lead to hanging breaking balls.

punkoholic likes this.