1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Post in your fail thread darling. Winners only speak here. Gn

the shark likes this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Urquidy whip is 1.09 and Corbin is 1.27. I'll give Corbin credit for lowering his whip to 1.18 this year in his career year, and he has experience, so I give a slight edge with a slightly better era over his career, but Urquidy is still got more talent. Don' t look at his salary. The numbers don't lie. Urquidy has him substantially on k/w ratio too. He's incredible swing and miss. Better control. And that's what I've been saying since we called him up, he's a legit #4 on our team and came out of the gate faster than Corbin ever did. More pitches too. But here is the kicker, Corbin has a 6.91 era in the postseason. Urquidy 2.09 with 16k/9inn.

#4922 PhiSlammaJamma, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, if Corbin does go full slider and throw it over and over again like he has done in the playoffs, we have the kind of hitters who can drill repetition. He will need to mix pitches I think. Sit on that slider. Alvarez might whiff a hundred times though.

the11mingdynasty and RustyHarden like this.
  4. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

If we're using K stats Corbin is at 17.6k/9inn in 14.1. Urquidy has pitched in 4.1 which weren't high leverage. I'm ready to roll with him.

5. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Bring the dogs out I'd say.

6. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I'd expect Alvarez to PH btw

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

yeah, ok. IDGAFAYO. You, like your Screen Name, are used to failure.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

"So you are saying there's a chance!"

Seriously, win today, whole new Series.

9. the shark

the shark Member

Why are you on this thread??!

It's the freakin WORLD SERIES, a Houston team is in a battle to win a World Championship, and it's quite obvious you want them to lose. Maybe you might want to take the age old advice that momma's have said for generations "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all" or in your case "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY SHUT THE F UP"!!!!

I bet you're a real pleasure to be around!!

You're the person that walks into a room and SUCKS THE ENERGY right out.

You bring Doom and gloom and you do it because you're a miserable human being and you get joy pushing other people's buttons. Especially when they're doing something that you obviously can't do and that's have fun and enjoy yourself.

No matter how the series plays out everyone following this will be ok and we'll move on but you unfortunately will be stuck with you. Mr Scarface aka Ebenezer Scrooge!!!

10. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

[​IMG]

BigShasta likes this.
  11. CinematicFusion

Astros back in it... (they were never out of it)

I think the Astros takes this in 7 going the Olajuwon 3-1 down Route for the championship.

lose today, Cole wins, Verlander wins and we force a game 7.
    Greinke starts game 7, goes 4-5 innings and in comes Cole for 2-3 innings... Harris/Osuna for the win.

If Astros beat Nationals tonight with Urquidy... it’s ballgame for the Nats. Astros in 6.

#4931 CinematicFusion, Oct 26, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  12. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rox were down 3-2 (W, L, W, L, L, W, W) against the Knicks in '94 before coming back home to Houston to win Games 6 and 7.

Huge game today, I think the offense carries the day for us and we even it up heading to G5.

Go 'stros!!

punkoholic and RustyHarden like this.
  13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Time for our 10 plus run game

14. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

enjoy the little things folks

alethios, Nook, KelvinCato13 and 16 others like this.
  15. CinematicFusion

yep... down 3-1 vs. Barkley’s Suns in 95 and came back to win. Mario’s kiss of death for the series win.

desihooper likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

damn, so I am quarantined for today’s game too?

Kim likes this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Scott Kazmir syndrome

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hinch said Alvarez would be playing outfield at some point

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for posting. Baseball is a very psychological sport and it's very interesting to see the pitcher batter interaction. Greinke is also a very savy veteran. He hasn't had his best stuff this post season but he has pride and experience. You can tell he didn't want to get showed up by a 20 year second year player and probably felt that way watching Soto the last two games.

Greinke has been getting a lot of criticism this post season but other than his first playoff start he's been keeping us in games. He's not the shut them down for 7 pitcher anymore but he give us a chance to be competitive.

Roc Paint, B-Bob, desihooper and 4 others like this.
  20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

For everyone that says he has sucked in this post season I tell them to actually look at what he's done. As you mentioned take away the first game he has held them to 3 runs and 1 run I believe. The game where he only gave up 3 we couldn't score which was our demise not the pitching.

He might not be able to get deep into games and he gives us a heart attack by getting himself into sticky situation, last night he got out of almost all of them. If we can continue to give run support like we are capable of as we have been this year then we can win games like this more often.

Unless for some crazy reason Urquidy turns into an ace for the night, we are going to need the runs to come tonight to give us a cushion.