1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

With what money?

Theking likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

That was painful.

Fortunately, it was 1 game.

Gotta get game 3. (obviously)

whiskeyred, RasaqBoi, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yeah...well, we'll never know unfortunately. Woulda coulda. Just because of the Bregs play ( would have been a heckuva play BTW), no excuse for falling apart. Pressly still walked 2 (Soto intentional), gave up 3 hits and 3 ER. Take away the Bregs play, he still allowed damage. He was FAR from being good.

4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really care either way. It's about what they do on the field at this point. They look lifeless like a team with no leadership so hopefully some good can come out of this meeting.

5. Mr. Space City

Harness the negative energy!

[​IMG]

The Astros gonna need the absolute most disrespectful slander to make it out of Washington.

HP3, B-Bob, JayGoogle and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Too much talent to get punked like that in the World Series on your own home field.

[​IMG]

lw17 and roxallways like this.
  7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

And THAT is and will continue to decide if we win or lose games ! You just can't continue to leave guys on base in scoring position. It's time for Greinke to frickin show up BTW. Wishing we had had gotten some more hitting instead...hindsight is 20/20 though.

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Not sure what to think. Our pitching carried us in the division series and the ALCS. Now the pitching needs the offense to carry the lead and they simply are not up to the task. Talent is there but is as dormant as the volcano under Yellowstone. I honestly don’t see how Greinke can keep this lineup in check and I sure as hell don’t see how this offense can outscore the nationals. Not one of them is cold they are white hot and tonight only have them now confidence. If we could somehow go in and take games 3 especially if the nationals think they have it under control we could get that seed of doubt planted. Then if we win game four I think they would crumble as cole and JV would be cheering at the bit for redemption. Talk ass order though. Let’s see if they have it in them. I mean how cold for how long can the bats stay?!?

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um Tucker is a rookie basically, only came up in September. He is your replacement for Reddick. This playoff experience is only going to help him

lw17 and everyday eddie like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What are you doing?

C'mon man, we need your mojo, I want non-stop Astros sucks/chokers/ etc etc from now until Friday and all throughout the game.

11. astros123

astros123 Member

im so fkin tired of this attitude. This whole, "everything is fine." . YOU JUST GOT YOUR ASS WHOPPED AT HOME 12-3. STFU. Same attitude all throughout the playoffs. "We've got JV at home, we'll be fine." "We got cole at home." Same ole talk all playoff long.

I want him to say that the team is CHOKING and they need to get their **** together. Not this everything is rainbows and unicorns. Fans spent a **** ton of money on tickets today, you owe them an apology.

#3091 astros123, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Lar, lw17, arabrocket and 1 other person like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

A little more info

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

For the 3rd time....

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  14. Major

Major Member

You can be tired of whatever you want - fans are generally stupid idiots so it's normal, but the players are better/smarter than that. A loss is a loss, whether it's 12-3 or 4-3. At the end of the day, the Nationals just won 2 games on the road. The Astros have done that plenty of times (including a week ago against the big bad Yankees) and if they do that the next couple of days, they'll be right back in it. If they don't, so be it. But the players acting like distraught fans isn't going to help them any.

#3094 Major, Oct 24, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  15. mikol13

Supporting Member

16. mikol13

Supporting Member

17. mikol13

Supporting Member

18. Buck Turgidson

Well, that's just ****ing stupid.

whiskeyred, adw and Major like this.
  19. SemisolidSnake

Welp, glad I only kept this game on in the background tonight while doing other things. And very glad I turned it off when they pulled JV.

It's two games. They certainly can come back if they put their minds to it. I doubt more and more that they can put their minds to it at this point. The talent is there; the mentality is not.

punkoholic likes this.
  20. astros123

astros123 Member

LOL you turned off the world series game after a 3-2 game in the 7th inning LOL. Dude you have no voice and your opinion doesnt matter.

Theking and RKREBORN like this.