1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Week 4 Titans @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2017.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Literally a carbon copy of Clemson in NFL form. Yeah, worked out really well for him.

A lot of their fans are now adopting the Texans as their NFL team now.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Unless you're from Cleveland, think most players are happy when the Browns pass on you.

Pen15clubber, Uprising and Fulgore like this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

He wasn't born yet.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Predraft and during the draft Watson told his agent that he wanted to be drafted by Houston. This is where he always wanted to be cause he felt comfortable with OB.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He will end up saving OB's job. Seems like they have a great deal of resepct for each other and hopefully that continues

Uprising and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  7. Nimo

Nimo Member

I never got the impression that it was because of OB. I thought it was because of the QB situation, the roster, and the city. He had a chance to win a starting job, which he did. He had good receivers in Hopkins and Fuller. And he had a strong defense. Plus a city who was longing for anything that resembled a competent QB.

Uprising likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

It could be a culmination of all those things but theres a video of Jordan Palmer, his predraft qb coach, saying that this was the perfect situation for him with the staff in place after Watson being drafted.

Uprising likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bouye was pretty much the Texans best offensive weapon when we faced the Jags the first game of the season. He was a free first down waiting to happen. I'm not saying he wouldn't be nice to have, but I'm not sorry the Texans didn't pay him.

10. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

I don't see your point. We got absolutely smoked that game. Sure he had 3 calls against him, but he frustrated Hopkins all day and they can't call PI on every play. Again... "small sample size." Literally the definition of it. It was one game.

I know you are gonna stick to your guns as always but we should have cut bait with Joseph and resigned the younger, better, more promising CB that will be a viable player for years.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was a 4th string guy who was a one year wonder. Given how well JJo has performed thus far this season, I don't see that argument.

12. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

He hasn't performed that well! Your flawed stat you pointed out earlier was already addressed by me, but I'll elaborate further. "Number of receptions per snap" is a ridiculous way to measure a CB's value. That metric depends on opponent, situation, other defensive players, individual matchup, QB, pass rush, and literally every single aspect of the defense. It's not like the Texans line up and only play man to man every single play.

Since you love using week 1 as an example... How much did Bortles even have to throw during that hideous game? Week 2: How horrendous was Dalton? I could have covered AJ Green and he would have had the same amount of catches. Does that not put a major flaw in such logic...? If you are seriously using that one specific stat to boost up the notion that Joseph has played really well this season then okay congrats--> You win the battle of attrition. No reason to comment further about this bob.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Never heard of an MRI for a grade 1 strain.

Grade 2- out 3-5 weeks

14. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Since CJ is on IR that means he can't come back til after the bye week right? And when and if Brown comes back do you think he starts immediately or do you see a trade happening ?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

he cried uncle left his teammates out to dry

Pen15clubber, macho87 and Uprising like this.
  16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

If you watch the series they did on him leading up to and at the draft he said multiple times that Houston was exactly where he wanted to go... and even Dion Sanders mentioned last night on NFL network when he was interviewing Deshaun that he was happy for him because he knows he ended up where he wanted to go.

Uprising and Fullcourt like this.
  17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

has anyone found the "every throw by watson" for last game? I really want to see the throw to fuller that got a PI call, I can't remember it.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was a deep route to the end zone, the DB got burned and basically just grabbed him. Now would he have actually caught the ball? I dunno, it is Fuller after all, but it was clearly PI.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

N O O D L E A R M
    O
    O
    D
    L
    E
    A
    R
    M