1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Week 1 Dolphins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2012.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Just do it!

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

let's go ! ... Houston, stand up !

3. Pete the Cheat

over/under 6.5 sacks?

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Under at 5 . tannehill will be pressured a lot but he is mobile. we should get it to 5 sacks but it will seem like a lot more as he gets a lot of pressure

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Under, Tannehill is mobile plus I think they will move away from the passing game even if we get up big because they don't want to totally shell shock their new rookie QB. They'll hand off to Reggie Bush a lot in the 2nd half.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

as much as i wanna give the dolphins a TD...i really dont see it happening...

Texans in a laugher...28- 9

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fixed

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

is Bush still their starting RB? :confused:

any WR we should worry about?

9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Or could it be that you are unable to decipher it's meaning? Unlike you, I will be gracious and explain it to you.

The Texans are unfamiliar with "winner" status. For so long they didn't even expect to win, not really. They mastered the after game "losers" interview. Celebrating the "Division Championship" they way they did spoke volumes. Now they are "supposed" to win. Now they are "supposed" to go all the way. This is scary for us and them. Teams that go far have an attitude, a confidence, a swagger. They relish beating up on weaker teams. They take no prisoners, show no mercy. They don't let "inferior" teams come into their playground and push people around. They push people around. If the Texans are "super bowl quality" we will know soon. That's what my "dumb" statement meant. It just takes a little "figuring out." So next time instead of being so anxious to "one up" a post or insult a poster try thinking.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think he understood the meaning and just disagreed with it. The Texans should rout Miami on Sunday. But if they do, it won't tell us much. The handful of "inferior" teams that came into Reliant last year against a healthy Schaub - Indy, Cleveland, Jacksonville - were pretty much destroyed. The Texans have already been there and done that. We'll start to learn a lot more on Sept. 23 in Denver, and probably not before. Comparing the results of the Yates-led Texans to the Schaub-led Texans is apples and oranges.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

spanking the dolphins by 30 doesn't make the Texans any more a Super Bowl contender than just beating them by 3. in 2010 the Texans destroyed a Peyton Manning-led Colts. we didn't even sniff the playoffs.

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I am very happy!

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You'll got the easiest opener in the league. Don't laugh too hard when you see how bad the Dolphins are.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

It wouldn't hurt. This is a whole different animal. The Texans are not the same as the team that surprised the Colts in 2010. This is a superbly talented group with high expectations all around. I will be watching to see how they handle their new found status. I think the way they start the season against a team they are "supposed" to beat will speak volumes.

15. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

We didn't destroy anybody. That was the game Foster ran like Dickerson. It was nice in the moment.

However, I noticed Manning threw AT WILL in that game. In one drive he started DEEP in Colt's territory and scored a touchdown in 3 passes. I chalked it up to "Manning being Manning".

The following week a washed up McNabb , Santana Moss, and Joey Galloway carved us up . The AJ last second TD blinded Texan fans into playoff talk. I knew we were not going to make the playoffs.

Week 3 against the Cowgirls..... disgraceful. Elite offense my ass!!

Sept 23 is when the season starts imo.

#35 ubigred, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL, you must be a real BARREL OF LAUGHS to have a beer and watch the game with.

17. ubigred

How so?

18. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

It's a good thing we aren't lining up with 2010's defense then. It's 2012, bud.

And I'm curious...why in the first sentence is it "WE didn't destroy anybody", but in the last paragraph it's "I knew YOU were not going to make the playoffs".

Pick a side.

1 person likes this.
  19. ubigred

If you notice, I was responding to the bolded text above.

I meant we, instead of you. Typo.

Off topic: I wonder why Clutch will not enable the bbs for use in/with Tapatalk. Much easier to type and respond than a cellphone.

20. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Point taken. Glad to see you are on the right side!

To your point, I see why you'd be apprehensive, but this defense is the 85 Bears compared to that hot mess that we trotted out in 2010. Peyton (of 2010) might still pass at will against our D, but those other debacles are likely not to happen with our current D.