1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Waiver Wire Pick Up Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by what, Sep 12, 2011.

1. what

what Member

Alright so much of you know that I am in a deep league and I am looking for help at TE.

The choices that I have:

Fred Davis, Evan Moore, Scott Chandler or Ed Dickson.

Which one should I focus on?

BTW my Lance Kendricks was a total and complete bust.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It has been one week. I've seen good TEs have bad games this week. Don't overreact. I assume Dickson is the one that is with the Ravens. He looked good last week, but I'd look towards Fred Davis, though it may just be because he is the most familiar to me. Of course when Cooley comes back, Davis loses a lot of value.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Cooley was back. I think Fred Davis is the play... dickson 2nd

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How many snaps did he play though? He certainly wasn't 100% yet. I'd just be scared that Davis has shown his potential before and then disappeared.

5. what

what Member

Yall do know that Chandler was the best fantasy TE last week and is the number 1 tight end in Buffalo right?

6. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Doesn't mean he's going to be the best every week. Fitzpatrick is not going to throw 4 TDs every week, and Chandler's not going to catch 2 TDs every week. Buffalo got lucky that Eric Berry got hurt which opened up the middle for Chandler.

7. what

what Member

I'm not saying he is, chill out. I'm not calling him antonio gates, I just want to know among the choices i do have which option is more appealing. I like Fred Davis, Ballard, and Chandler. Of the three, I was thinking Chandler or Davis, but I don't know.

8. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Why don't you chill out, buddy? If you think I'm dogging you, then maybe you need to step away from the keyboard. Besides, I'm not the one who went "SMH" at Hightower over Mike Williams.

Back on topic, I'd go Davis since he's up against the Cardinals who look like the second coming of the 2010 Texans when it comes to pass defense.

9. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Davis should be your first choice, with Chandler being second depending on match up(haven't looked at the schedule). I think Dickson will be the safe choice and should have a steady production throughout the year, but Davis and Chandler will have some big weeks.

10. what

what Member

I'm thinking Davis too, I don't think you can court on tds every week and in terms of yardage Davis was by far the better player. He was amazing.

But then if I don't pick up chandler, the guy will probably kill it like Michael Vick did last year and make me regret it. SMH

11. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

is carnell williams worth a pickup?

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yeah, SJ has problems.

13. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Yes, but keep an eye on Bradford's situation. Stephen Jackson will be out week 2 and has a recent history of nagging injuries. He might not be a smart play against the Giants, but could payoff going forward if Jackson doesn't stay healthy.

14. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I drafted him in the 20th round in the Smeg league. I knew SJ39 would get injured.

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Seconded. Really surprised he wasn't used more.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I won't call a rookie a bust after one game, but if Bradford is out any extended period of time he will be by default.

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Bradford is expected to play this weekend, only a bruise. Two things you have to consider about St. Louis:

1. New offensive coordinator (McDaniels), new complex scheme, no offseason means it might take a few games for them to hit their stride offensively.
    2. Early season schedule is kinda brutal, but the 2nd half looks pretty easy.

I'd stash someone like Kendricks on the bench for now and start a more reliable TE option.

18. CoolGuy

CoolGuy Contributing Member

Would you take Hernandez over all these guys or was his play last night a fluke?

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He's a PPR guy.

20. what

what Member

Hernandez is no fluke. Best thing is he has Tom Brady throwing to him, who seems as if he is more interested in his tight ends (no pun) and Welker than his actual wide outs.

Hernandez is a solid player in most leagues.