1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Unleash Kyle Wiltjer" thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Dec 21, 2016.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Correct. A lot of teams would play Wiltjer in spot duty. Including the Cavs and Spurs. Ryan Anderson is proving to be streaky. Kyle Wiltjer is the purest shooter on our team.

hakeem94, Ramo$e and abaker28 like this.
  2. abaker28

abaker28 Member

True. Memphis showed that by putting Troy Daniels in. Ariza's missed shots against Memphis killed us. Would've liked to have seen us throw Wiltjer in even for a couple mins from time to time.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Typical Clutchfans fashion. The latest team to beat the Rockets has it all figured out, and the Rockets are idiots.

All the while the Rockets have won 6 more games, are shooting the 3 ball better (by like 3%), with a higher volume.
    The Rockets are a top 5 pace team, while the Grizzlies are almost last in the league.
    The Rockets are middle of the pack defensively while the Grizzlies are top 5.
    The Grizzlies are paying over 109 million for this roster which is mostly locked up for 3 years. The Rockets are paying 94 million, and have significant cap space after next season.
    The Grizzlies currently have no key players injured. The Rockets are missing their starting center and best rim protector/rebounder.

Look the Grizzlies are a solid team, and are a beast defensively. But lets not get carried away just because they beat the Rockets the other night. The Rockets have proven that they will play youngsters (even rookies) if they can contribute. I like what I see from Wiltjer in spot minutes but there is almost surely good reasons why the Rockets are playing a proven version of Kyle Wiltjer over the unproven undrafted rookie version of that same type of player.

You guys also give Ryno far less credit than he deserves. Again he's shooting almost all his threes in the most difficult spot on the floor, and the furthest distance, and he's often covered which is the reason Harden is having all this freedom this year. The Grizzlies probably helped D'Antoni prepare for different looks on defense, and he's a smart enough coach to improve the offense to counter in the future.

roslolian, da_juice and ramotadab like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Curious. Why was Wiltjer in street clothes agains the nets?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Because he wasn't going to play.

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Hahah probably right, but our rookies rarely contribute much in their first season anyway. Hopefully he can add on a little weight and improve on the defensive side. A big man with his shooting ability should be able to become a rotational piece at least.

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Was he technically inactive? I thought if you were with the team and eligible to play you suited and if you were not you were not on the bench.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

He better not wear "street clothes" against the pels. Tjones gonna kick his ass. Literally

9. basketballholic

But a few Harden turnovers and Anderson misses will be the reason we go fishing.

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

if that is the case, so be it. (in my opinion). I'm not the biggest Anderson fan, but i'm not giving his minutes to wiltjer.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I thought Harden being the primary facilitator is the reason the Rockets go fishing? Why're you including Anderson now?

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Holic will just see what he wants to see, loss against Grizzlies were clearly due to 25% shooting in 3rd quarter yet Holic is still talking about Harden's turnover LMAO talk about someone not seeing the forest for the trees. Anderson missing is not the problem, lack of star power on the team is the problem. We need one more star and a 7 footer backup big before we legitimately contend.

Hakeemtheking and T for 3 like this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

ya. I don't want to get on the guy for being frustrated, james' sometimes careless play frustrates me too. At the end of the day though he knows, the current team is the one that clearly gives you the best chance to win and with harden, the good obviously outweighs the bad.

14. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

lets unleash wiljter today with no anderson!

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I wanna see what he can do but I feel like we will be let down

16. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Oh shut the **** up already. We know how you feel on the subject. In fact, it's in your signature so no matter what you post, we ****ing get it already. This thread is about Kyle Wiltjer... not your views on James Harden.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  17. basketballholic

Because he clearly has a problem shooting at home. And his defense is bad. So if he continues to play this poorly offensively at home then his defensive shortcomings won't be mitigated by his great shooting. They'll be magnified.

If Anderson doesn't shoot well he turns into a huge negative on the floor as teams can then crowd Harden even more in the paint, increase our turnovers and then shove it back down Harden and Anderson's throats.

If Anderson doesn't shoot well it has a huge negative cascading effect on our team.

18. dmoneybangbang

Lol.....

Anderson has been doing this for 8 seasons. You folks are silly.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Props for not creating a new profile but you have a long ways to go to convince folks you are know what you are talking about.

Regardless of whether Anderson is on or off, teams respect his shooting since he's been an elite shooter for essentially 8 years.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

there is some truth to what you are saying about anderson. I can guarantee you though, Wiltjer is not the answer. You have to give some credence to the coaching staff. If he would have shown the potential to step into the rotation (even for brief minutes) he wouldn't be in street clothes. You mentioned Anderson's poor defense....wiltjer has to be a worse defender than Anderson. So buckle up man, this rotation is the rotation you are going to see from here on out, with some fluctuation for harrell/nene. I will happily eat crow if wiltjer goes troy daniels in the playoffs....

ramotadab likes this.