1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Twins @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 14, 2017.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found a picture of his daughter :)

adw likes this.
  2. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

In a game where there's no running clock it's hard to get a sense of a team coasting after a big number. Particularly the Astros who put up big runs early and late and who have players up and down the lineup looking to add to their stats.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I found it. My remote didn't like my original voice request. Just in time for Feliz to piss me off again.

Uprising likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I've gotten that sense plenty of times this year. Especially in the couple of weeks leading up to the all-star break.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Devo just does it all. Gold glove double play. Beautiful.

6. Fantasma Negro

Throw it up his ass Devo!!!

Pen15clubber and mick fry like this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Seeing Castro reminds me that sometimes its the guys you get rid of that make you better.

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

Esh gets excited on an obvious pop fly

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Did Altuve change his walkup song? It used to be Kygo, I believe I just heard Darude.

10. KeuchelForPresident

He certainly has a lot of work to do in order to demonstrate that he deserves to be on the playoff roster. His ERA isn't terrible, but the team has to set a very high standard for being admitted to postseason pitching duty. Currently, I don't think he's making the cut.

Tomstro likes this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Your username is awesome bud.

12. KeuchelForPresident

Do you see the same resemblance I do to Presidents Hayes, Garfield, and Harrison?

[​IMG]

jsingles likes this.
  13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

How could he not right now? Because you'd rather have Hoyt or Sipp?

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Tight zone today, but geez. How many walks we gonna give up?

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The Rangers were on some Fox channel. Bleccchhh.

16. KeuchelForPresident

I'd like to see two, not just one, relievers acquired before the deadline if it turns out that there are no playoff-caliber starting pitchers available for a reasonable price. I can think of a half-dozen relievers the Astros could trade for without breaking the farm who have performed at a postseason-quality level this year and who I'd trust over Feliz the way he's pitched in June & July.

Having said that, if Feliz can hunker down and keep his WHIP under 1.20 from now till August 31, I'd probably feel comfortable with him pitching in the playoffs. It would be wonderful if he could do it.

LonghornFan likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Name them.

18. KeuchelForPresident

Brad Hand, Danny Barnes, Raisel Iglesias, Mike Minor, Warwick Saupold, Anthony Swarzak, and Mychal Givens would be the guys I'd try for first. Justin Wilson, Zach Britton, and Sean Doolittle are more commonly-discussed candidates and would work as well in my opinion, but are likely quite expensive.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

When you say playoff caliber I would assume you mean like a reliever in the top 15% of the league. Barnes, Saupold, and Givens are years away from FA so there's no reason to trade them plus I wouldn't say they're playoff caliber. Givens perhaps is borderline what you describe. No way the Reds trade Iglesias, why would they? Hand, Wilson can be had I'm sure but certainly not cheaply. Doolittle is always hurt, can probably be had. Britton, unless the Orioles are just giving up I doubt that. So that leaves Mike Minor, one playoff game. He could probably be had. Swarzak is having a good year but not had a high quality last couple years prior. He could probably be had for a low level prospect. Anyway, interesting list. Of the guys I think we could get I think Wilson has the best stuff and closing experience this year plus left handed. He'd be my choice. An under the radar choice I never see mentioned is Tommy Khanle who may well be a closer soon enough. Who knows is White Sox listen on him with their rebuild going on, probably not.

I'd ideally like a guy with playoff experience. Not sure there are many of those out there for trade.

kaleidosky likes this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They lead they league in runs scored in innings 7-9.