1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Twins @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 4, 2015.

1. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea..kinda like make up Karma from yesterday in reverse with Mccullers

2. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

McCullers was awesome yesterday

3. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

he was and deserved that win

4. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Angels 5-0 Over Rangers bottom of the 6th inning

5. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Lewis has been very bad in the game. Last 7 games his ERA is at 5.31 and a whip close to 1.30.

If this guy does not pitch better RAngers has no chance on winning the division. Today i thought the game vs the Angels was an even one, but look at how bad he has done. They are very good with Hamels, Gallardo and Holland, but Lewis struggling, and that bullpen, (except the closer who is very good) they will have major troubles. With what i saw from the Twins, if Lewis continues to struggle, Twins have better chance than Rangers to win the last wild card spot

6. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

good point and the Rangers finish the season playing the Tigers which might not be a walk in the park

7. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Problem is Tigers are going to be out of it, the rotation is not good, nor the bullpen. Only starter doing good for the Tigers is Verlander.

We are going to need to wrap this thing by winning on the road (of the 10 games, we must win at least 5, hopefully 6) and then winning all series at home. Then we go to Seattle and Arizona.

8. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

your right about Verlander being the only starter performing...I'm just looking at it from that standpoint of them being more of a surprising "sleeper" because they suck this year.

As far as the Stros...I'm kinda thinking similar...almost feels like Rangers need to literally sweep the Astros while the astros self-destruct playing below 500 baseball overall. As far as the Angels are concerned they have the roughest schedule remaining out of the 3 teams in my opinion.

9. Major

Major Member

You seem to be extreme bi-polar. 3 days ago, you were talking about how Lewis makes the Rangers so much better and was a big part of the reason the Rangers are so good and that you're so scared of them winning the division.

10. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Is not bi polar, is just that today, when they needed him big time, he placed and egg BIG TIME. If he was able to pitch good, the Rangers would have gone 4 and 1, instead they are going 3 and 2 AND MY POSITION IS, for them to catch the Astros they NEED Lewis to be GREAT at that number 4 spot, the same way our number 4 guys have pitched (Fiers and McHugh).

If Lewis continues to struggle, as he did today, Rangers have NO CHANCE to catch the Astros. If he pitches great, and keeps wiinning (14 wins so far this year) then they are going to be tough.

MY friend, baseball can change everything with a swing of the bat (ask Lowrie) and the same holds truth with pitching. For the Rangers, Lewis must pitch better if they want to have a chance.

11. Major

Major Member

No, your position 3 days ago was that Lewis was a great #4 and was part of them being good in August. Now, after one more bad outing, he's been bad for 7 starts, and they can't win without him? Nothing has changed in Lewis between yesterday and today.

3 days ago, you saw the Rangers going 18-10. Now, after Lewis pitched as he has for a while, they absolutely can't win the division. You're absolutely and absurdly bi-polar.

Which is exactly why all your "PANIC!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE ASTROS ARE SUCKING!" and "RANGERS CAN'T WIN ANYTHING WITHOUT LEWIS!" posts every other day are total garbage. Even you accept that they aren't likely to be true in a few days.

12. conquistador#11

On the marisnick homer, why didn't that chick go all out on the kiss? parents watching? other Boyfriend. whatever the reason, that astros fan needs to dump eh', dump eh' fast.

13. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Ok, lets see:

Lewis, the guy has 14 wins, and before today's game, his whip was 1.22 (better than McHugh).

Before Hamels and Holland, the rotation of the Rangers had Gallardo and Lewis as the 1 and 2 spots.

With that, i did not think the Rangers had a good enough rotation.
    Now, with Hamels, and now Holland, EVERYTHING CHANGED.

Now Hamels, Gallardo and Holland makes a top 3 starters that are very good. Then it comes Lewis, who at number 4 is very good with 14 wins and a 1.22 whip (as you know me, that is the stat i like to follow the pitchers, you can disagree with me, but that is my stat, over teh ERA).

Now, the last 2 starts by Lewis has been very bad (in SD and now in LA).

In the 7 games i mentioned, and now you, Lewis was 3 and 3, with a whip of 1.28 which still decent. Now, again, the last 2 starts he has been AWFUL.

If he continues pitching like this, then they have no chance, and i don't like to wish anyone bad, but i am rooting against him because i am an astros fan.

But, as a number 4 guy in a rotation, you give me 14 wins and a 1.22 whip and i take it in a minute.

The last 15 games he is 8 and 4 with a 1.22 whip.

Again, but last 2 games he has been awful, is he tired? Remember, he is not a young guy with injuries in the past. Lewis for them is what Feldman is for us. Do you want Feldman to be your number 2 guy? Or your number 4 or 5 guy?

Why do you think the Rangers have improved so much? Hamels and Holland. Taht way you move Gallardo 1 spot, and Lewis 3 spots in the rotation.

I still believe Lewis is a great number 4 guy in a rotation, and next year with Darvish he will be number 5, even better for them, but in the last 2 games, he has SUCK big time, and if that conintues, not only Rangers will not catch the Astros, but the Twins will catch them.

14. Remix

Remix Member

Here we go again. Even after wins this thread becomes unbearable

[​IMG]

15. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Dude, WE ARE TALKING BASEBALL, if you don't like it, then go to you tube and watch soap operas.

Right now we are talking about the Rangers!!!!!!

We are talking about the importance of Lowrie's homer.
    How that can turn the season around.
    How we need to win the series vs the A's. Our rotaton vs the Rangers rotation for teh 4 game series.

All those things are baseball realated, but instead of talking baseball, you have to dish baseball talks??? Come on, what is your problem? You don't like free speech? You want to get personal at everything????? CAn we enjoy a BIG WIN, and talk baseball???????

ONly way you are gong to be happy is if i don't write at all. INCREDIBLE

Please, talk baseball.

Look, Major and I are in disagreement, but at least we are talking BASEBALL.

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

You need to stop being so obsessive about this. Just chill. Take a week off from this place or re register at Clutchfans under a new name and change your posting style.

17. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Nahhhhh, i just continue talking baseball

18. craigharmann

craigharmann Member

What a great game!!! Took the wife and girls for the first family outing. Oldest is in the kids club. Keuchel was dealing. The first 3 innings flew by. But it got SOOOOOOO loud once the bases were loaded. Then when Lowrie jacked the slam? BONKERS!!!! It was fun. And to top it off I got to watch my oldest daughter run the bases. If that's what playoff baseball is like (minus Qualls), bring it on!!!!

1 person likes this.
  19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Great game, great team

The game threads suck though, wish there was another place to go and discuss baseball during the games. Simply not enjoyable in here anymore

20. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Here we go again with this person, he does NOT TALK BASEBALL. I need to learn how to use the ignore button for this guy.

Well, last time i will reply to him, is like a person that likes to gossip and no more, he does NOT TALK BASEBALL in a baseball forum, just gossips and complaining. How can i use the ignore bottom for you????

And by the way, this is the last time i will reply to you, and you had disappointed me, i thought you were a better person, looks like i was wrong.

Bye "friend".