1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Trump for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, May 22, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm really not seeing it. I just see a man who panders red meat to 35 percent of the country with low hanging fruit rhetoric such as immigration. Steve Bannon knew that Trump has no nuanced opinions on things such as healthcare and realized that simple red meat subjects like "build that Wall" is what best suits him.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Great analogy!! You nailed it!!

mick fry and Roc Paint like this.
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

While I did vote for Trump in 2016 it was more of a vote against Hillary than really liking Trump. I hoped for the best but expected the worst. He has been better than anything I could have ever imagined. Come November when I vote for Trump it will be the first time since 1988 when I am actually excitedly voting for a candidate rather than against the other person in Presidential election..

mick fry likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

99% of the motivation for this post is to trigger us right?

Jesus would be proud.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

:rolleyes: Remind what the title of this thread is again?

Roc Paint, mick fry and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. fchowd0311

A thread discussing Trump's reelection chances, merits, justifications etc?

Did you think it's a safe space for you to circle jerk about him?

Ya, it's sad that the majority of your motivation to elect someone to manage the world's largest bureaucracy is to trigger people who you debate over the internet.

7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

#History
    Go Astros!

cml750 likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Trump's best qualities are that he's unapologetic about what he thinks and that he's not afraid to be identified with his base.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also his worst qualities.

JayGoogle likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, that I'm sure many people believe.

I do wonder though why should we believe that non-politicans are better for the country?

It's fine that you don't like politicians and don't trust them. Many people don't trust lawyers but that doesn't mean you go hire some guy off the street to defend you in court if you need defending.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That always exists though, it existed with Obama too. Just the nature of our two party politics.

On the other side, there are many that think Trump is doing a perfect job and defend every action of his no matter how terrible.

Also, I don't quite understand the appeal of someone that just 'Speaks his mind' unfiltered. That's not a good thing in politics when the weight of words can be the difference between war and peace, between ally and enemy.

This quirk of his is why he's been so divisive.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Agreed. I used to love the idea of bringing in an outsider such as a pure scientist, economist, doctor, etc to run this country with a nuanced perspective. That very well may still be a reality. We brought in Trump who is an expert at nothing , so he’s a bad example. But it’s becoming more apparent that you need someone with at least some political experience. Someone who can lead. Trump’s presidency has been a catastrophic disaster

JayGoogle and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

Before when I thought of "outsider who should be president" I thought people meant someone like Bill Gates, or a world renowned scientist or engineer. Someone genuinely self made who was exceptional... Not an idiot who nutted out of a 413 million dollar penis.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, You are taking yourself way too seriously if you think the reason I/we want Trump to win has anything to do with you or any other TDS infected poster here. He has been the best President this century. He has earned my vote come November. I could not care less if you or anyone else does not like it but you will very likely have to learn to live with it for another five years.

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I had also often dreamed about the idea of an outsider but it was always someone who entered because they were so fed up with the way Govt. was run, and seemed to be for sale. It would be a reformer who actually cared about serving the country above their own interests. What we got was the opposite of that.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

52% of the electorate wanted Trump removed from office by the Senate. One would have to suspect that that is 52% of the electorate who will vote in 2020 and who will not vote for Trump.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I still think it is pretty close to a 50-50 call, and I doubt it will change much from now until Nov 2. A very small swing in some key states could decide the outcome, let's see what this country really want in November, we can always hope for a land slide defeat for the emperor though.

Nook likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clearly Trump should just give up now.

No Worries likes this.
  19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the ones suffering from TDS are his "conservative" supporters & sycophants.

look how much trump has flipped yall on your core beliefs, values and principles.

the party of morals and family values now sucks up to someone who is on this 3rd marriage, brags about cheating on all his wives and paid off p*rn-stars that he had affairs with.

the pro-military party now sucks up to someone who attacks gold star families, lies to troops about pay increases and says POWs are not heroic b/c they were captured and now questions the patriotism of combat veterans and purple heart recipients.

the party of of fiscal responsibility and conservative economic policy now supports protectionist trade policies, farm subsidies and tariffs.

the party of reagan is now the pro-russia / pro-autocrat party.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

They are interesting numbers.

Really the emphasis should be what the numbers are in about a 5-10 states.

Also some of these democratic candidates have not gone through fire yet, especially Bloomberg.

joshuaao and No Worries like this.