1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Trade Dwight Howard Thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Nov 25, 2015.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wouldn't move him but it's obvious his minutes need to be cut.

Not just because Capela has been better, but also because Howard doesn't look healthy.

The guy hasn't played back to backs this year so why they would play him so many minutes is strange to me. Especially when Clint has been balling. The Rockets coaching staff seems to have the smartest man in the room syndrome. They ignore the obvious in lieu of less effective strategies just so they appear next level or something. When in reality they just look like morons. Trying to be so smart that they actually look dumb. Just go with the obvious sometimes guys.

2. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I honestly think it's fragile ego syndrome. Dwight would pout and cry if they cut his minutes.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I never said either were the problem.

In fact I actually made a statement that I think Dwight is the opposite of the problem.

This is about planning for the future.

And Capela isn't going to be the man. Harden is the man. Capela needs to be a good complement to Harden. And that's why you have him play with him as much as possible to go through the the good and the bad - in the hopes that when they come out the other side - their relationship on the court is completely different to Howard and Harden's.

4. malakas

malakas Member

He isn't the GM and he has no power or input.

as J.R said his market is extremely limited and will bring back at best mediocre assets.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Malakas how about Howard, Jones, Brewer for Henson, Mayo and Monroe? Lol

I'd do that.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">20-rebound games, 2015-16 season:

1) Andre Drummond, 4.
    2) Dwight Howard, 1.
    3) Everyone else, 0.</p>&mdash; Dave Hogg (@Stareagle) <a href="https://twitter.com/Stareagle/status/669702033453092864">November 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@houstonrockets</a> are clearly better with Dwight Howard in the lineup. <a href="https://t.co/7lQq3YtSXB">pic.twitter.com/7lQq3YtSXB</a></p>&mdash; NBA TV (@NBATV) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/669675479239012355">November 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

But not Divac :p

9. malakas

malakas Member

I am NOT advocating trading Dwight but people who do should be aware of what kind of players we can get back.
    These are some examples of the most feasible trades I can think of of two teams that should be interested. (chicago and Boston). Maybe you can add Charlotte and NO to the list but that's being generous. And that's pretty much it.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6627787
    + Dallas protected pick + pick swap with Boston 2016.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6627788
    + Sac protected 2016 pick (most likely wont transfer and will become two seconds).

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6627790
    + lottery protected NO first rounder for 2 years becomes 2 second rounders.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6627791
    + Charlotte first rounder top 10 protected for two years becomes 2 second rounders.

These are some of the MOST optimistic but yet realistic trades I can think off.
    These four teams are the most likely to be interested in Dwight and after them ...pretty much noone.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This team blows my mind. They looked complete good 2 weeks ago when they were on there 4 game win streak. What the hell has happened?

I'm still trying Tj figure out why ty/harden/Thornton/ariza/Howard is not the starting lineup anymore. That lineup was 4-1 with the one loss being a very close game. Clearly ty had his best games in that stretch harden is playing better now than then also. I'm just confused why they trot out terry/jones every game when it's clearly not working. We're actually shooting worse if thats possibel.

11. malakas

malakas Member

no. Cold and small Mil that is very young, the current 13th seed and is heading to the lottery as things look like, would have no hope to be able to resign Howard. The former owner would be all over this trade but the new ones aren't so delusional. Plus trading Monroe would be extremely bad PR.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hate that ****...rebounds count ZERO toward the score of the game.

The championship Rockets teams had some of the worst rebounding discrepancies........

IT IS ABOUT SCORING THE BALL and DWIGHT SUCKS at that....trade him now.

Lawson + Dwight for boggie Cousins.

DD

13. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dwight is nothing more than a major role player like Ariza now. He has ZERO offense and his defense has regressed a bit. He tries to block everything which is annoying because it leaves the backside open to offensive rebounds. At most Dwight is worth 12 million a year. 30 million is a joke

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I love me some Boogie Cousins, but him and Harden together? More disaster.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He is clearly not playing up to par so far. That being said he is still our 2nd best player overall and has had a few games where he was our best. He does go for the block too much, he does have a crappy offensive game, he does get treated unfairly by the refs. Still , I cant blame Dwight when he has brought the effort all season long . Guys like Brewer, Lawson, Beverley, Jones, and Terry are all minuses on the floor right now. Ariza is 50-50 to have a good game. How many players have had more than 4 or 5 good games for us this season ? James and Dwight and thats it. Ariza MIGHT be in that group.

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Dwight deserves his fair share of the blame too. He plays stupid a lot for a guy who's been in this league for over 10 years. He still can't find an open guy when he gets doubled which is just sad at this point.

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

When your not running anything for Dwight then don't expect him to produce. Shaquille said it best " this team does nothing but shoot too many threes , how do you expect him to dominate ? He's rebounding like he should so ...

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What do you run for Dwight? He is a turn over waiting to happen in the post and you can't just PNR ever single play. Dwight is Ben Wallace at this point in his career. When he grabs a board he needs to go up with it strong instead of passing it out.

This team misses DMo in the worst way. Haven't had a post game since JSmoove.

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Even if that is the issue, our system isn't going to change unless Morey is fired. We are never going to pound it into Dwight as long as moreyball is here.

Dwight vs. Morey, Dwight loses.

20. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

JB is coaching for his job.. That's why he's trying to play whoever is really good for however long he can to get some chemistry going.

McHale tried to integrate Lawson into the offense and flow of the game but that isn't working at all... I don't know how to give Lawson minutes and hope that he can find himself while simultaneously hoping that we dig ourself out of our 5-9 hole