1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Top Stat Lines of the Night Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Apparently you've got about a week left. Who else is in your free agent pool?

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

A lot of players. Mike James, Rasual Butler, Jason Thompson, C.J. Watson, Chris Andersen, Marquis Daniels, Hakim Warrick, D.J. Augustin, Ramon Sessions, Nick Collison, Shane Battier...

those are the ones worth mentioning anyways.

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

When it comes time to replace Jordan, I'd look at adding Chris Andersen (I have him on my team).

If your league takes assist to turnover ratio into account, don't overlook Ronnie Turiaf if he's available. He doesn't score much or even rebound much, but his assist to turnover ratio is very nice for a big at 2.14. Not to mention he averages 2.1 blocks in only 18 minutes and has an unusually high FT% for a big man. If there are injuries and gets big minutes, he could quickly become a 10 point, 8 rebound, 4 assist, 4 block kind of player.

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Calderon: 23 pts (9-10 FG, 4-4 FT, 1-1 3PT), 10 ast, 0 to

Nearly a perfect game. That's highly impressive for a perimeter player.

His FT streak is now at 83 (14 away from tying the record).

By the way, does this guy look like a good FT shooter?

[​IMG]

That's world record holer, Ted St. Martin, who hit 5,221 in a row.

#44 BrooksBall, Jan 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KD has 20/9/2/1 at the half against the Clippers.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thornton had 21 at the half. Both of them aare going at it. I predicted that Thornton was going to be the best player from that draft, I may be wrong since Durant has had a good season, but Thornton pretty damn good too.

And Thornton on my fantasy team. Also DeAndre Jordan too but he's having a poor night and has 5 fouls now.

Sidenote - Gerald Wallace 59.3 fantasy pts. tonight for me. :cool:

7. BrooksBall

25 pts, 11 reb, 2 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk with 6 min left in the 3rd.

13 reb is his career high.

He's also shooting efficiently yet again. He really turned the corner when it comes to efficiency/shot selection halfway through last season and hasn't looked back.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Thornton is good (and I'm not saying he won't get better) but remember he's already 25 and has an NBA body. He went to college for the full 4 years.

KD is only 21 and his body will fill out as he gets older. Remember how freakishly thin KG was his first couple of years? You talk about a human stick-figure! He's still thin but has filled out quite nicely. KD will do the same thing.

Right now, he's at 46/12/4/2 with a cold-blooded 3 to cut the deficit to 3 with a minute left.

Boy o boy, KD is so fun to watch!

9. BrooksBall

Durant: 46 pts (10-23 FG, 2-6 3PT, 24-26 FT), 15 reb, 4 ast, 2 stl, 1 blk

Eric Gordon: 41 pts (12-19 FG, 5-7 3PT, 12-14 FT), 2 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl

Al Thornton: 34 pts(13-28 FG, 2-2 3PT, 6-6 FT), 5 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl, 3 blk

Durant rebounded an inentional missed FT down by 3 with a few seconds left, ran out to the 3pt line and threw up a contested prayer and missed. He may have been fouled but no call.

Durant shot and made more FTs than the Clippers. 15 reb is his career high. 41 pts was a career high for Gordon.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow.

I think its a good night to have Durant, Gordon and Thornton on your fantasy team.

:cool:

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Was surprised to see Kevin Durant is #8 in total dunks this season. Durant's very long and is a good athlete but he's not really an explosive Lebron, Wade or Iguodala type. You see his slim frame and smooth midrange game and might think Dermarr Johnson, James Posey or something....but nope he's also taking it to the rim and not just settling for jumpers. He's just good.

Watched the Clippers the other day. Didnt expect much of Eric Gordon, just thought of him as a Fred Jones type. For just that particular game he was swishing in jumper after jumper video game style nothing but net, off the passes and dribble. Can see why he was a high pick

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Where did you get a Fred Jones comparison when it comes to Eric Gordon? :confused: :confused:

13. jlwee

jlwee Member

Brandon Roy with 10 steals :eek:

14. BrooksBall

Calderon is now at 86 straight FTs, 11 away from tying the record.

15. BrooksBall

Another triple double for CP3 (near quadruple double):

25 pts (7-13 FG, 1-3 3PT, 12-12 FT)
    15 ast
    10 reb
    7 stl
    1 bs
    4 to

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Fred Jones is actually on the same Clippers team and comes off the bench, so Gordon's obviously not like Fred Jones...I wasnt totally serious with that, just saying I had low expectations and was knocking him for looking the part of undersized shooting guard with good hops who's game might not translate well in the NBA. Its happened before.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He destroyed the Clippers tonight with 33 points on 11/15 shooting. If his shooting touch is finally back, the Blazers are in good shape. Oden was 7/7; mostly dunks and a couple of hook shots.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

As soon as I picked up DeAndre Jordan he went back to not doing much. :mad:

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

and a ridiculous 3 point play off an offensive board at the end of the game.

Also the back to back dunks-in-defender's-faces by Gordon and then Roy were just awesome..

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Brandon Roy's dunk may have changed the game. The Blazers looked discouraged after giving up a 6 or 8 point run (which included Gordon's dunk) and Roy's posterization of Cheikh Samb "sucked the air out of the building". He looked a little ticked off and it was good to see him take things into his own hands like that.