1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Titans @ Texans 9/15/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 11, 2013.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Passing when a team is down surprised you?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since Schaub lacks QB ability, how did he ever lead the two comebacks?

3. Raven

Raven Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/B-0oQX7v9VU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:grin: :eek: :grin:

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I wasn't able to watch the game, but saw some highlights.

Question - it seems as if Hopkins tends to be a little handsy at times. A couple times it seems like he may have even pushed off. Anyone else notice this, or am I paranoid? Either way, I love having a second receiver...

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didnt go back and read everything but I could imagine the handful of ridiculous faux texans fans freaking out and "giving up" on them is pretty amusing....the usual suspects I'm sure.

Random thoughts/observations.

Pollard...screw you. His hit looked pretty clean but there looked to be some contact with AJ s head on his shoulder. Wonder if he will get a small fine given Andre's status and pollards history.

Hopkins...stepped up big. The guy can fight for passes like a vet. Very impressive.

Lechler is kicking amazing.

Foster started getting in his groove and Tate sure is pushing him.

The biggest area of concern was obviously the pass protection. The titans delayed LB blitz was absolutely killing the texans and Schaub was getting hammered. They better figure out how to fix that because every team will start doing the same. I assume Kubes starting spreading them out to take prevent those LBs from blitzing, which makes sense , but texans need to be able to counter that without having to abandon some their bread and butter sets.

Bullock...come on man. Dude needs his mind right...and his love handles under control

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

More than a little. He got penalized once for it.

He's a very physical receiver. It will probably cost him sometimes but will help him other times when there is no flag.

7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I swear, Texans fans are the worst! Schaub leads 2 consecutive game winning drives (something most fans didn't think he could do) and there are people STILL calling for Case!?!?!?

Case is not a starting NFL QB yet. Schaub is a very, very good one. Wake up people. I love Case, but he's an UFA from a 99% shotgun offensive system that's 7 months removed from the practice squad. Matt's thrown for almost 23,000 NFL yards.

If Case starts in 2013, the Texans are DOOMED!

8. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Keenum only fans are getting just as annoying as Lin only fans.

9. Grinds

Grinds Member

Hopkins had a huge push during his preseason TD against MIN.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm hardly a Schaub apologist...but he played GREAT in week 1 at San Diego. Suggesting he's the reason we almost lost that game is nuts.

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So Andre is okay?

12. SK34

SK34 Member

Hopkins needs to bulk up a little.. He has great hands and speed.. He just needs to get stronger to the nfl level.. He seems too skinny to me..

I came to this thread just to ask about this myself

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Does anyone have a video or animated GIF of Bullock on camera clearly saying "HOLY ****" after missing his field goal? :cool: I thought that was hillarious... I am wishing that young man's leg shapes up. Shake it off, Randy.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Apparently we REALLY dodged a bullet yesterday. J.J. Watt is saying that peelback block could have ended his season.

15. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Schaub haters will be Schaub haters. Even if Matt leads us to a Super Bowl championship and wins the Super Bowl MVP, some "fans" will want to see Keenum play the next time Matt takes a sack.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I almost threw up when I read that.

17. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

That was the same move that took out Cushings knee, we definitely dodged a bullet.

18. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

"According to Elias Sports Bureau, Houston is the first team since the merger in 1970 to win each of its first two games of a season on the final play of the game."

Link

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The Turner peelback block happened right in front of my seats, and I could actually see the play as it was unfolding. I literally yelped when Turner made contact on Watt, and was so glad he bounced back up and started jawing. It was a terrible play that could have ended up in disaster.

20. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

not a schaub fan because he cannot buy extra time on long yardage passing plays. this is ESSENTIAL in today's NFL. we almost lost these games because of kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubes. he needs to not put schaub in a position to fail, which he does often.