1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Tigers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

[​IMG]

Side note, Josh's own home stadium threw the ball back on his HR :D

edit: DOUBLE WOOOO!

mick fry likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ok me and Buck aren’t going to take credit for those.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Kalas. "Down the line (this is when the OF stops after 5 steps), got a chance!...Josh Reddick HR!" No kidding it's got a chance.

I really like him as an announcer but his FB/HR calls annoy the hell out of me. But I'm happy that stayed fair.

Now I'm even happier that his HR call for Gattis was on point.

mick fry likes this.
  4. HTown2017Champs

Gattis breaks an 0-16? or something I believe. But he's really looking like Chris Carter, K or HR. No defensive value. Despite his hot mid-May to mid-June, not a really big fan honestly. Probably just my dislike for full-time DH's.

5. Buck Turgidson

I'm happy to take the credit.

Can't remember if it got mentioned, but did you notice last night that some dipf**k yokel threw a ball on the field in the 9th and the ump had to call time right in the middle on Rondon's delivery? I wish I had been sitting near that "person" and seen them do it.

mick fry likes this.
  6. BonziWellsGOAT

He doesn't need defensive value.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon Cole at least acknowledge the fans.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I was just joking, it was the stadium itself that actually "threw" it back, not one of our fans. The ball landed on the stairs and bounced back into the field of play :D

But yes, who was the idiot who threw the ball back into play with Rondon about the close the game on a 2-strike count last night? You do that if it's the visitors, but not your own closer! It's like hitting the pause button in the middle of an online match :mad:

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Few DH do. He has value in so much as it allows Hinch to PH for a catcher in the late innings, use his backup, and not worry about an injury or a ridiculous amount of extra innings. Or if a catcher got a little banged up (think "day to day") and needed a day or 2 off, he is the backup.

Good way to get a pitcher hurt, too.

eta: I want a Col. Perez inning today

#89 Buck Turgidson, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  10. mick fry

mick fry Member

With or without neckwear?
    Edt: and unfortunate hair?

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

12. Buck Turgidson

Don't change a thing yet.

eta: just realized pitcher's name is Buck Farmer. If it was Buck Rancher I'd buy his damn jersey. Also just realized I'm 5 mins behind live on the tv.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Has there ever been more strikes called balls in a game?

14. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

I may be mistaken here, but do they teach pitchers to follow through with their normal pitching motions and deliver if something like that happens? For example- foreign object on the field, batter suddenly steps out the box, or other stoppage.

If I recall, when it happened to Rondon last night he kinda just lobbed it to the catcher. It can't be easy shifting gears like that.

15. HTown2017Champs

But what's the point of a full-time DH? Why sacrifice a spot on a full-time DH when it can instead be used to increase versatility and give the other guys a rest. I dislike full-time DH's, I'll take extra defensive versatility.

And yeah, I want to see the Colonel pitch, too.

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was wondering why Perez's delivery looked so familiar, he does bear a crazy resemblance to Pedro with that small frame and follow through.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

At what point do we insert Ensberg, I mean Bregman in to the 3 Hole and have Tuve bat second?

18. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

What the **** !?! !?!

19. Buck Turgidson

In a perfect world. When the ump jumps up out of the blue your natural brain reaction is to say WTF and shift gears. I can't remember who it was, Gossage maybe, who said the he just aimed around the ump's head at that point.

Ump just gave time to the batter way late on Perez, he almost caught his front cleat on the mound trying to slow up . I hate that ****.
    Most players do not like to DH. It is not an easy or natural (for a ballplayer used to being on the field just about every inning of every game) thing to do. They talked about it yesterday wrt Springer. Hinch has said that he doesn't even consider using a guy at DH as a day off because they have all this pent up energy that they typically expend on the field, but it's just rattling around in their brains and bodies while they watch, waiting to go do something for 5 pitches or so.

raining threes and Vin2k2 like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Don't hold your breath, but I'm curious why you ask? And Ensberg? What does he have to do with anything?

Houston Astros Baseball Club
    Minute Maid Park
    501 Crawford St.
    Houston, TX 77002
    Tel: 713-259-8000

I'm sure they would be happy to answer your question, and we would all be happy to hear their response.