1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Texans vs Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to Watson, if he manages any kind of TD be it on the ground or in the air and he doesn't throw more than 1 interception, it'll be a win. If he throws for 200 yards or more and doesn't throw an interception, it'll be reason to celebrate.

2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

A lot of good that did us last season.
    But your right, you play to win the game.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Eh...

You are really overrating our chances if you think Watson going for say 200 yards, 1 touchdown 1 interception means we are winning the game.

The Pats could very easily spank the pants off of us.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, no, I was saying no matter the outcome it's a moral victory if Watson can get any kind of TD be it passing or running and only throws 1 interception. I'm also saying that if he manages to throw for 200 or more yards and no interceptions that we should celebrate because right now, I don't think anyone should think he's capable of it. I think the loss is a given. We'd need a better defense and a much, much, much better offense to even consider a win a possibility.

Right now we are a lock for a bottom 5 offense in the NFL and the only thing that is keeping us from being the absolute worst is a top 10 run game. Any game we win this season will be at least a little surprising.

justtxyank likes this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

OOOOOH.

6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I know this is crazy, and yes I still want OBrien fired today before they start doing gameplans but I actually believe they've got and always had the horses to win this race. Jockeys maybe not but horses yes.

I think you send 5 at Brady every down and force him to take short throws, hope your depleted secondary can withstand and make a few plays. Let these highly drafted pass rushers feast on 1v1 matchups, let McKinney clean up and hopefully Cunningham can show that ability to stick with RBs out of the backfield.

On offense, just hope Watson has a big game. They're going to take Hopkins out of the game, so everyone else is going to have to step up and contribute.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Thanks brother! It's been a long road.

Daddy Long Legs and Fulgore like this.
  8. Malaya

Malaya Member

Wow, my bad ... both cut on the same day... and I thought they could contribute ... what magic is the FO trying to conjur with other pieces?

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Andy Jones-12 rec, 150 yds, 2 tds

He's julio's brother right??

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Maybe I will join you soon pal

[​IMG]

11. Mashing

Mashing Member

I got us losing this game 34-10. We go no answer for NE even when we have a good team. I'd just keep LB's close to the line of scrimmage and just play man coverage all game long. Make Watson throw deep (which he won't have time for because of the OL). Run game will be non-existent because of the LB's being so close to the LOS. NE always we exposes our LB's in coverage, but we're better in that regard this year so I'm interested in seeing how that turns out (Cunningham specifically). The DB situation is just scary.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I don't see us winning or anything, but in the playoff game, we only got beat by Lewis and White destroying McKinney (hope Cunningham can help). And our Oline is ATROCIOUS, but honestly the Pats front 7 is pretty bad as well.

13. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This is still the official thread as far as I'm concerned. :eek:;)

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Daddy Long Legs

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cannot confirm that he said "This new surface looks good. It's getting better & better every day."

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure which is the real official thread or fake official thread so I will put my 2 cents here as well. New England scored 78 pts vs our 20 in the first 2 weeks, so our defense will have to rear its ugly head and force Tom out of his comfort zone. Rush him, sack him, force him to make mistakes, and snag an interception or forced fumble. Only then will we have a chance to finally pull off a win in NE. But, our offense has to play an interception/fumble free game for us to even have a chance. Go Texans!!!!!

17. Daddy Long Legs

Enjoy this moment bros. that watson td pass was sik

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We had to score a td on that drive

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  19. Malaya

Malaya Member

Yup, I blame this loss on that final Lamar Miller run up the middle on 3rd and 1. Could have just run out the clock.

Seriously where's bobbythegreat? Deshaun looked amazing. Not perfect, but he showed he could grow by leaps and bounds.