1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Lord wake me from this nightmare.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I believe I heard Cushing cap hit will be $10M next season. Don't think he will be gone...

3. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

http://www.battleredblog.com/2013/9/6/4702308/brian-cushings-contract-extension-seems-awfully-friendly-to-the

Cushing, who has been suspended for violating the NFL's policy on performance enhancing drugs in the past and who is coming off season-ending surgery, will make $10.149 million this season, including a $9 million signing bonus, and his $2 million salary for 2014 is guaranteed for skill, injury and cap purposes.

Beyond that, however, the Texans have the option to basically bring him along year by year, and they can get out of the deal without significant drawbacks for purposes of skill or cap. Cushing's $6 million option bonus in 2014 is not guaranteed and if the Texans do not exercise it, then a future year of his deal becomes guaranteed for $6 million -- but for injury only, so the team still has the ability to let him go for other reasons if need be.

4. Remii

Remii Member

K-Jax is a free agent after this season isn't he...?
    D.J. might be burnt toast.
    Maybe Merci and or Reed...???
    And many more.

If the Texans have the cap space I hope they go on a serious spending spree next off-season.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm still tripping off Watt missing that sack against Romo. Cowboys are 3-0 ever since. ... and we're 0-3.

SMMFH

6. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Yep, Kareem is a free agent. But I doubt they get rid of Swearinger and Mercilus before their rookie contracts are up. It's not like they cost a ton and getting rid of them just hurts our depth even more. Plus Mercilus is one of the only guys that has actually shown improvement so far and Swearinger is playing with a bum elbow.

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think you got that wrong. Texans are favored by 1.5 in Tennessee.

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Michael Sam got waived. Texans should go after him. He can't possibly do less than Brooks Reed has done, which is nothing.

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Uncle Bob is not interested.

10. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

The Cowboys have zero pass rush and they just let him go. No thanks.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

This roster is not that much worse than others rosters talent-wise. There's just something missing. Do you really think that the Steelers players are more talented than the Texans? Something needs to click in their minds or some curse needs to be broken. It just doesn't make sense.

12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Not felling good about this one. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow. That's hilarious, I really hope it was sarcasm because if not.....

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

im CONFIDENT the texans will find a way to lose this game

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

After Monday, nothing would surprise me. If you can lose to the Steelers, you can lose to literally anyone.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

This team needs someone on offense who says "I'm going to do everything physically and emotionally possible to make sure we don't lose the game". Someone who says "as long as I'm on the field, we will not lose." The defense has that player, the offense doesn't. Honestly, the closest is Arian Foster. I still remember how upset he was after that loss in Baltimore.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Steelers are 4-3 so you are exaggerating about how bad they are. They were desperate and at home. Of course, we should have won but we gifted them 14 points and BoB was poor all night.

And we knew that we could lose to anyone. Any given Sunday. Any team can be beat besides the Broncos right now. I say that and SD will give them a run for their money on TNF.

I see us beating Tennessee and hanging in their tough against the Eagles the week after. The mood will be a 180 around here if we go into the bye at 5-4.

18. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Steelers might have felt the same way about the Texans. Steelers could possibly win 8 or 9 games. Its not the end of the world to lose to them.

19. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Like I said last week:

Clowney plays = Win

No Clowney = Loss

It's tough to overcome having the worst starting QB in the NFL.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ridiculous post.

Not only is he not the worst, he wasn't remotely responsible for what happened on MNF. He threw a bad pass that should have never been called in the first place.

You want scapegoats for this season? Look at the OL, secondary, ILB's, TE's, DL outside Watt, and the coaching staff.