1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

the season is over if we lose this

2. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

What did you expect for this season? Did anybody really think Fitzy would lead us to a wonderful season and the playoffs? We knew who he was - a guy that can complete 60% of his passes, will have a 1:1 TD:INT ratio, will show glimpses of being pretty damn good, and will ultimately crumble under pressure when he's needed the most.

Would I rather Mallett start? Sure, but only because I don't want to waste a draft pick if we have a potential starter already waiting in the wings. Am I going to pout until he starts? Hell no, GO TEXANS.

1 person likes this.
  3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

The Titans are a bad team - a REALLY bad team. I watched the Cows dismantle them with ease. They run a tinker toy offense just like the Texans because they have a void at QB just like the Texans. Their defense looks just as lost out there as does the Texans. No matter because the Texans are playing chump football right now and when you play chump football you get what we saw last night in Pittsburgh. I see NO reason at all to believe that come Sunday, we'll see anything different in Nashville except more of the same from this bunch of mediocre losers.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Texans will win this game. Probably by 9-10 points. But the season is still shot all to hell.

That being said, we're going to draft or acquire a good prospect QB and I think Bill O'Brien can be a very good coach given some time.

Not going to be a quick fix. But the team will be compelling to watch next year, at least. And if we're lucky, maybe even fun.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The season is already over honestly. We had to have that Steelers game to have a realistic shot at 9 wins, the best we can hope for now is 8-8

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

If you were assuming Titans (2), Jags (2), Browns gets you to 9, then you're losing to the Bengals and Ravens plus Colts - which effectively puts you out of the playoffs. So what's the difference between 9-7 and 8-8?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9-7 is a fringe playoff record, 8-8 is not. Also, with the Steelers game a win, there's an outside shot of stealing one of those games against the Ravens, Bengals, or Colts and winning 10 games, now there is no chance of that.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Tough to buy completely into the "teams we will beat" exercise... its likely we win at least one game we didn't expect to... and lose one game we expected to win.

Before the season, I expected 7-9 based on how easy the schedule was. I am not all that confident anymore...

9. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Going 4-o against the Titans/Jags is highly unlikely. Didn't the Jags sweep the Texans recently?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, if you can lose to this year's Steelers, you can lose to literally anyone. That embarrassing performance was effectively the end of the season.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Trap game for the titans..

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

+1...thats the spread for the game right now...wow...thats how bad Vegas thinks our team is.

13. Raven

Raven Member

The first two victories caused a lot of people to have unrealistic expectations. With Fitz starting, 7-9 was/is the most likely season record.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

I prefer to pout until Mallet starts. ;)

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And when Mallett sucks will you pout till Savage starts?

When Savage sucks, what are you going to pout about then?

16. Remii

Remii Member

I expected 6 wins before the start of the season... I still think they can reach that mark. Maybe more... Especially if they beat Tennessee this weekend.

17. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

1. Rick Smith
    2. The 2014 NFL Draft
    3. The 2013 NFL Draft
    4. The 2015 NFL Draft
    5. Gary Kubiak's trasheap of a legacy
    6. Bill O'Brien
    7. Jim Bernhardt
    8. George Godsey
    9. Paul Dunn
    10. Case Keenum
    11. TJ Yates
    12. Johnny Manziel
    13. Blake Bortles
    14. Teddy Bridgewater
    15. Derek Carr
    16. The Turf at Reliant
    17. Vince Young

etc.

18. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

this is poor reasoning.

at the very least Houston can confirm Mallett and/or Savage "suck" & they can say "well, we have 3 sh!tty QB's!".

instead you say: "i already know they all suck, so let's continue to start the 31 year old journey man who is nothing more than an average back up."

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Expect Alot of New faces Next Year?

I don't think Cush or Dre will be here next year
    What is Arian's Cap hit?

Rocket River

20. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Texans only save 1 million against the cap by cutting Arian.

If he finishes the year healthy & productive, I am OK with keeping him around.

Cushing/AJ/JJo are toast.

Plus Schaub's dead money comes off the books.