1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mrdave543, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

9-21 12:00 on CBS

Not sure when the official thread will be created, but I figured starting this thread might bring some normalcy back to sports fans.

My score prediction is Titans 27-Texans 13

***Saw this posted on another forum and I agreed with the prediction, so figured I will post it****

Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans Game Predictions

Overview:

The Houston Texans come in after an unexpected bye week with the unavailability of Reliant Stadium previous to a dismal 38-17 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston will look to take care of some of the weak points presented in they're last game, including the failure to stop the run or cause any disruptance with Ben Roethlisberger whatsoever. As Big Ben went 13 of 14 with a pair of TD's, complemented with nearly 180 rushing yards as a team, the Texans defense looked awful. Schaub will try to limit his mistakes and protect the football, to get a good flow going, something he was unable to do 2 weeks ago.

The Tennessee Titans are 2-0 after a defensive battle vs Jacksonville and a strong victory vs the Bengals, both teams were 0-2. The Titans will look to send another team home without a victory, as Kerry Collins will get his 2nd start of the season. Although he didn't play spectacular, which was near impossible in the 50 mph winds of Cincy, Collins managed the game and made the throws needed to win the game. Chris Johnson looks to put together yet another stellar performance, as last week he galloped for 109 yards on just 19 carries. Tennessee has arguably the best defense in the national football league, and will take advantage of the Texans lack of offensive weapons, as well as try to get a running game going early in attempt to put the game away in the 1st half.

Prediction:

team 1 2 3 4 OT F
    HOU 0 3 3 7 -- 13
    TEN 3 10 7 3 -- 23

Passing Leaders
    Kerry Collins:15/27, 168 yards, TD, INT.
    Matt Schaub: 20/28, 184 yards, TD, INT.

Rushing Leaders:
    Chris Johnson: 16 carries, 101 yards, TD.
    Lendale White: 15 carries, 45 yards.
    Steve Slaton: 14 carries, 37 yards.
    Ahman Green: 10 carries, 42 yards.

Receiving Leaders:
    Justin Gage: 4 receptions, 40 yards, TD.
    Justin McCareins: 4 receptions, 83 yards.
    Andre Johnson: 8 receptions, 98 yards, TD.
    Owen Daniels: 5 receptions, 44 yards.

Defensive Stats:
    Michael Griffin: 4 tackles, INT.
    Jevon Kearse: 2 tackles, 1.5 Sack, FF, FR.
    Mario Williams: 4 tackles, 1.0 Sack
    Demeco Ryans: 11 tackles.

Fantasy Impact:

Starts:
    1. Titans Defense - If you haven't been already, now is a perfect chance. Neither the Jaguars nor Bengals could get more then a single TD on this defense. They will hit you in the mouth and look for another dominant effort this week, as long as Fat Al is out there.

2. Chris Johnson - Hes going to run wild this week. Houston doesn't have the speed on defense to keep up with him. His carries are steadily increasing so look for him to get around 20-22 this game for about 100 yards and a possible TD.

3. LenDale White - TD's in each of the last 2 games. Look for the Titans to feed him in the goal line as he has proven a valuable threat for the 6's instead of the 3's we are all so sick of.

Bench:
    1. Kerry Collins: Hes not going to put up the numbers, not because he can't, but because the Titans runningbacks will be having so much fun they won't need to throw the ball more then 25 times. Don't expect Collins to do much.

2. Matt Schaub: the new rule of fantasy being added to the book is don't start quarterbacks facing the Titans defense. David Garrard and Carson Palmer both had career bad days, look for Schaub to take a beating like he has in the past.

3. Texans Runningbacks: Tennessee's front 7 is as tough as it gets, don't expect Texan runnignbacks to do much of anything.

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

thanks for your post but i see it a little different, i think the texans will come strong this game. they will put pure heart and desire into this one not only for themselves but houston, the devastation has been bad and they are going to put on a show for the fans!

texans 27 - titans 24

3. stonecold999

stonecold999 Member

i thought of the same thing too for the Astros, but they came out flat, and lost 3 games in a row.. Therefore, Texans will lose this one and as well as the next one.. 1st win will be Oct.5 home opener against the Colts... well I hope Im wrong....

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Titans are just too good. 24-13 Titans.

5. XBLRocketman111

the difference being the texans got an extra week to where the 'stros were put right back out there still in the middle of devastation, having to play sunday night and monday afternoon. the texans don't have to do that! which is why they will be ready. IMO

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

I thought about them coming out strong for the game as well, but I just think the toll Ike has taken on the city will be too much for the players to overcome. I am sure plenty of the players families are without power/water or damage to their houses and might still be stuck in town, I cant imagine the players minds will be strictly on football.

I do think the bye week will help the texans for this game, but in the long run, will make it really difficult for them to succeed for the rest of the season.

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Only difference is the Texans will have two weeks between games by the time they play the Titans...plenty of time to rest, to put the horrible performance against the Steelers out of their minds (but not long enough to completely erase the memory), plenty of time to deal with whatever problems Ike caused them.

Astros didn't have such luxury.

What sucks is they could easily be 0-3 when they have their first home game; that'd be a tough hole to climb out of (not to mention their first home game is against Indy).

8. XBLRocketman111

those are some good points dave, but watching some of the texans videos, it seems like they will be ready but whether or not they run out of gas in the end has not yet been determined!!! lets not count them out quite yet! they may suprise us, but hey thats why we are here.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

ehh....27-13 Texans.

10. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Here's hoping the Texans don't have a negative effect from Ike.

I'm thinking Slaton will get the start Sunday since Green didn't practice today.

Texans 19
    Titans 12

Btw, Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon will call the game for CBS.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I don't know, the two weeks between your first 2 games is quite a bit of time. Not to mention that they probably didn't practice a whole lot nor workout that hard, while it was time to rest, they shouldn't have been that fatigued to begi with. But I sure hope you're right.

Unfortunately the Titans' D is the real deal and they've but damn near perfect the first 2 games. I think we can rattle Collins a bit if we can get to him but we need to find out how to stop the Johnson/White duo because they've been running all over teams.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Slaton was to start against Baltimore. So, I don't think that's going to change now.

GO TEXANS!

Give the City of Houston something to smile about...kick the s*** out of Bud's team!

13. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Kubes owes H-Town a win..his son cost the Coogs a shot to win with a late INT for Colorado St.

14. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

look I love the titans d...I drafted them on my ff team....and I picked up chris jonhson on waviers before week 1...so I know what they are capable of, but lets look at their opponents so far...they beat the jags and the bengals...both teams have looked awful so far....the bengals got manhandled by the ravens with their rookie QB so that does anything for me... and the jags look like they are falling apart... David Gerrard is coming back to earth and their running game has not been there...
    I think if the texans come out swinging they could very well take this game.
    I think the titans might be overlooking this game and the texans will be hungry to get back on the field...
    texans 28- titans 17

book it.

15. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Uh oh, a book it! Everytime I've heard that, it's been a loss for that person's pick.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Benito w/ the save:

texans 17- titans 28

book it.

You're welcome ;)

17. Egghead

Egghead Member

alright u said to bench schaub.... but my qbs are doing bad right now i have garrard, palmer, and schaub lol.... which 2 should I start?

18. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

damn your qbs are real bad...I drafted schaub but I got I also drafted cutler so Im sitting pretty :D

anyways start schaub and palmer...the jags are going to limit garrards throws and no doubt will try to run every chance they get against indys horrid run defense....Palmer and schaub have had horrible starts but are much more likely to threw for tds next week...the texans and the bengals have no chance of rushing for tds next week against the titans and giants so look for them to air the ball....
    start schaub and palmer
    sit garrard

19. radapharoah

radapharoah Rookie

oh and if possible drop garrard and pick up JT o'sullivan from the 49ers if he is still a FA in your league( which he probably is)....look for him to throw for 250+ yards and 2 TDs this week against the ugly detriot defense.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Slaton will break out.

139 yards on 22 carries. Two tds.

The Titans D is overrated.

The Texans front 7 is underrated.

Collins will have to beat us with his arm, which won't happen.

Texans 28
    Titans 17

I wish we could wear Oilers Jerseys for this game.

You guys need to give our team credit. Pittsburgh's looking like one of the best in the league, and they capitalized on Schaub's poor game.