1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

BoB said 4-6 weeks and it looks like it will be closer to 4. I don't know where you got your info but it is obvious the team is surprised it is taking this long.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Based on what?

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If someone told me the final score would be 35-13 then I would think that would be the Steelers scoring 35 pts not the Texans. Antonio might put on a T.Y. Hilton type performance.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The part you didn't bold. BoB saying it looks like it will be closer to 4.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I have no idea what's going to happen tonight. I don't normally bet for or against my own teams, and I absolutely would stay away from it tonight.

Go Texans!!!

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So based on something he said 5 weeks ago? Rehab isn't always that predictable and there was always a possibility that it would take 6 weeks....this isn't a controversy.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Winner stays in the hunt

Loser seriously falls behind

This game is not only on Monday night, it is big for both teams

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bob is the ultimate homer. Of course, he thought that it would be closer to 4 just like a lot of us were hoping for. Him coming back after the bye was always the likeliest outcome.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'm fine with Clowney sitting as long as it is for the right reasons. If he isn't ready to go, that is fine. If he is ready to go but he doesn't want to play (as Braddock reported), then we have a problem.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As to tonight, there is no way to know how the game is going to turn out, but the Steelers are a pretty terrible team, there's no reason at all for the Texans to lose. The Texans might as well tank the rest of the season if they can't beat the Steelers.

11. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ha ha wow just tank the those season if they lose to a 3-3 team on the 7th game? 3-13 that would be hilarious.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans aren't good enough to beat the Steelers, there's a chance they go 3-13 anyway, let's not forget that the Steelers were absolutely blown out last week by the team that got blown out by the Jags this week....the Steelers are a REALLY bad team.

13. Raven

Raven Member

I don't think the Texans will make the playoffs if they lose tonight. They'd be two behind Indy and 1-4 over their last 5 games.

14. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

That would really blow if he's out until November 16th against the Browns. I hope he's back for the Titans game next week.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Love the love!!

You're just hoping and hating. There's no reason this season that suggests the Cowboys will flop. Romo doesn't have to do as much as he did in past season, plus their o-line allows him to take less chances.

Wow, that's a good one. 4-6 weeks didn't mean 4-6 weeks.:confused: And on top of that, Clowney is a fast healer.:eek: Good one, homer.:grin:

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

i agree

tonight is a must win. If they cant beat this chitty steelers teams there is no reason to remain optimistic for the rest of the season.

17. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Don't players have bonuses in their contract for each game they're active? I'd be shocked if Clowney was healthy but electing not to play. Why even be in the league?

18. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Ill bet u that wont happen, come on take the bet :d

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney testing on field a couple of hours before Houston has to make a decision on whether he plays.</p>&mdash; Scott Brown (@ScottBrown_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottBrown_ESPN/status/524308452370157569">October 20, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I know nothing. You're right? :)