1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Very true. It's easy to forget that, despite working with Tom Brady, he's still just a rookie head coach with a lot to learn.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I thought Bob McNair said he didn't want anymore project coaches?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, that's not the difference, both teams suck if you've been paying attention.

4. Nook

Nook Member

It is the first time that has happened in over 3,100 games.

Yup, that is right, the Texans did something so special that it has not been done in over 3000 games and hasn't been done in decades.

Want to know something else the Texans have done that is rare? Gotten ZERO contribution from the #1 pick in the draft.

The Texans would have drafted better letting DD just make all the selections.

I am not sure what is more concerning, the BOB press conference where he made excuses or Arian Foster smiling on the sidelines 5 minutes after his TD late in the 4th, the complete look of shock on Watt's face when the game ended, or the inevitable McNair and Smith back slapping.

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

this made me laugh! lol

6. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I can't put this loss on all BoB. Some things you can, such as the idiotic penalties that kept drives alive. He wasn't the one out there muffing the punt in the endzone, followed by fumbling the ball in the 5 yard line, also throwing a football directly at a defensive lineman.

Swearinger gets so brain dead in coverage sometimes it is frustrating. Didn't even line up on his man in time for the easiest gimme TD. Also Joseph whiffing completely on an easy tackle to give them a huge gain. Hopkins not securing the ball. The Texans self destructed. The Steelers played like hot garbage for 98% of the game but scored 24 points during the other 2% mainly because of our completely braindead turnovers.

7. Raven

Raven Member

It's pretty obvious this is a top down problem that starts with McNair, so let's hope his son does a better job when he eventually takes over.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Why are we throwing in that situation? Run the clock out and go into halftime up 13-10. We get the ball to start the 2nd half because you (wisely) deferred.

I know hindsight it always 20/20, but that was just a bonehead decision. Maybe with Tom Brady as your QB, you gamble like that....but not Ryan Fitzpatrick....

Rookie mistake by a rookie head coach.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Yeah, worst case, we should have been down 17-13 going into halftime. But, being down 24-13...I put that all on BOB. That can't happen.

Im so frustrated this morning. Hopefully, we play well against the Titans and then BOB can have a solid two weeks to watch game tape, reflect, and grow as a coach.

10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Exactly, WHAT did you see last night would lead you to conclude that they can/will play "well" against the Titans?

11. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

you've got to give the ball to your best player. That's right. Punt on first down.

1 person likes this.
  12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Conversely, what would make you think the Titans can/will play well against us?

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Outside of a 3 minute traveshamockery, we held the Steelers to 6 points.

Basically, we played well for 57 minutes.

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused: What do you (or Bob McNair) call "project coaches"? I mean, I'm asking for me... I don't see the definition of this just yet.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bob wanted a candidate with "head coaching experience" because Kubiak didn't have any and had to learn on the job. Now we have to wait for Bill O'Brien to learn on the job too?

1 person likes this.
  16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

All they have to do is play hard when they are on offense and hang in there. On defense force Pickspatrick to have to make plays on third down, run three guys at JJ to slow him down and wear him out and send a RB/TE/Cheerleader in motion toward Cushing. Easy peasy. As long as they do that, any team will have an excellent chance against this "team". Then BoB can yell at the media again about moral victories and remind us just how "close" they were to tying up the game at the end. Who knows? Maybe this is the week when we get to hear BoB finally break down and say "battlefighting"...

Don't get me wrong. The Titans are REALLY, REALLY bad but that means less than nothing when they play the Texans who happen to be bad also.

#1276 HillBoy, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I am guessing you didn't watch the game or this is sarcasm.

The Texans did not "play well for 57 minutes". The Texans had wide receivers dropping passes on third down multiple times. You had a wide receiver fumbling on a 30+ gain on third down. You had a running back slip and fall on third and short. You had a QB throwing on third and short because the Texans had NO confidence in their line getting the push on short yardage. On defense you had the Texans stop the Steelers on first and second down only to get repeatedly burned on third and long.

The Texans did not play well.

18. Nook

Nook Member

They beat the Steelers.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

HILLBOY, IT'S NOT AS IF "WE" LOST BY 50. THAT WAS A CLOSE GAME!

IT'S NEGATIVE TANIA! WE LOST! IT'S NOT A POSITIVE! NEGATIVE TANIA!

:grin:

20. Nook

Nook Member

WE WERE AN ONSIDE KICK, TOUCHDOWN AND EXTRA POINT IN 90 SECONDS FROM TYING....... AND LOSING IN OVERTIME!

1 person likes this.