1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Steelers

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

They made it appear he wanted to play. Better than nothing.

2. Houstunna

Supporting Member

:eek:Texans have lost 3 of 4 games (or worse) EVERY season in franchise history:mad:

3. conquistador#11

i don't know what coach b.o.b is talking about by saying we have to fix things.
    it's his milkhair moments that have lost us 3 games. Fritz should not be throwing on 1st down, backed up with less than a minute and a half to go. Special teams should not give up an easy onside kick to the colts. when a running back is averaging 4.8 a carry and all you need is 2 yards, you don't go empty backs! ahhhh it's like we're on crazy pills.

I expected mistakes from B.o.b as it's his first year but these have been blunders in the game management department.

4. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

I listened to the Steeler fans and their displeasure of their team in the 1st quarter. They arent used to playing half ass and expect better. They booed. Something clicked and then all of a sudden, this mediocre team started playing pretty damn good. Thats our problem in Houston. We always settle for average and expect better 'next year'...then the next. We will never be a winning city until we raise our f!ck!ng standards and expect nothing less than great!

5. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

I agree with this.

In addition, it is why you do not tank. Our guys covering the onside kick weren't looking for the ball. They were going through the motions. They were not looking to win, they were looking to try hard. Tanking sucks, particularly when your prize is still hurt and can't take the field. The realization is that if you allow tanking into your culture, or accept a 14 game losing streak, it takes time to process that through the system to re-establish a winning culture. I liken it to a friend that told me while golfing, better get a realtor if you allow your neighbor to Pujols your wife, regardless of how it happened, you'd better plan to move, because homeboy will be coming over often to borrow sugar...and he won't care (put nicely) that your Range Rover is Supercharged.

6. VanityHalfBlack

24 points scored in under 3 mins. Is that some sort of a record for opposing teams playing against the Axtan?

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Honestly, I put the majority of this on BOB...he's just not very good at all right now.

Yes, the Texans are deficient in a lot of areas...but so are the majority of teams in the NFL. We should at least be able to win some of these games we are losing.

I do like that BOB does have some balls though, unlike his predecessor, but as far as game management, he's got a lot to learn.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick with a +4.1 score on PFF, the highest of any Texan...yeah, he had a terrible game.

I understand he leaves a lot to be desired, but when you have a crappy OLine, there is only so much a human can do. He's been decent given the circumstances.

9. Victorious

Victorious Member

LOL why are people surprised the Texans blew another game? This is the same team that went 2-14 last year, who aren't getting little if any production from their draft class, didn't address the QB problem and signed a QB who everyone knew had limitations. And we have a first year coach. This was suppose to be a rebuilding year so what the hell were some of you expecting this year? Nothing that happenedthis year is surprising to me. Maybe I'm just a super jaded Texans fan that is always expecting the worst.

But at least we have JJ Watt! Still can't believe some fans wanted to play the pee pee leverage game with him smh. By the way he's performing, we got him for a steal

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

We don't win any more games this season .. Does BOB get fired? Thoughts?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This season was meant to be a Kubiak-enema.

BOB's job is completely safe as long as he shows up wearing pants to work.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I actually went to bed at halftime. I knew the game was over. I haven't (purposefully) done that since the 1st 2-14 year (Dom Capers last year).

I said a few weeks ago that when we lose games, at least it won't be because we were out-coached. Is it too late to retract that statement?

I still think BOB is the right man for the job long-term.....but deciding to throw the ball instead of running out the clock before halftime was basically the moment the season ended.

Breaks my heart to be so negative about BOB after seeing that feature before the game about his kid. I literally got teared up watching that. "What is this salty discharge coming from my eyes???"

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the dark side, ima.

Your name badge is over there on the counter.

Here are your two drink tickets.

See you next season.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'd had rather him own opposing teams and his players.

But hey, moral victories right?

15. Progs

Progs Member

I wouldn't expect Mallet to be any better than Fitz at this point but worse case this season is a wash. I still think BOB sticks with fitz until week 9 or 10. If we can beat up on both the Titans and Jags that puts us at 7 wins but the way the team has been playing recently, they may beat up on us.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Gotta take the good with the bad as far as BoB is concerned. Right now, it's more bad than good. How you don't go into the half down 4 is besides me. Effin rookie. Put me out there FFS. :rolleyes:

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with that, I think the reason this season is so disappointing is that even though I was also expecting 8-8, if not for the team shooting themselves in the foot over and over again they could be in the 10 or 11 win range. Of our 4 losses, 3 of them could have been wins and arguably should have been wins with better coaching and better execution by the players.

Simple minded fans will try to blame everything on the QB, but the QB can't stop Foster from fumbling on the 10 yard line or whatever, or Hopkins from fumbling near the end of the game, or stop Manning from bringing the ball out of the end zone and making it to the 12 yard line to start every drive, or help our corners cover better, or help Cushing get back whatever mojo he's clearly lost, or force the coaches to call time outs when the team clearly isn't set on defense when they are on the goal line.....this could go on forever.

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Texans fans booed during Indy's 24-0 onslaught. The difference between PIT and HOU is HOU sucks.

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I think you jumped the gun making that statement. He's a first year NFL head coach, wouldn't be surprising if he got out coached in some games.

20. conquistador#11

well, those 2 weeks where we were on top of the division will always be special. no one can take that from us!
    [​IMG] GIFSoup