1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans sign Vince Wilfork

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's old and fat and he's coming off of a torn Achilles a while back. That's not the best recipe for longevity. Also better NT's than Wilfork signed for cheaper THIS offseason.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, I'm still not against the signing because he could have something left.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Several posters suggested the idea of canceling the second day of a two-day meeting was indeed inexplicable:
    I found that silly, as if people never change plans/minds.

There obviously were several compelling reasons to distrust Lopez (as you pointed out) - but the idea someone would cut short a meeting being one of them never made sense to me.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I found it unlikely, not inexplicable. One of many reasons that story seemed like a load of bunk.

5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

and he played 75% of the plays this year and did a solid job. With Watt on the D Line that's all we need...keep cushing clean free to roam again

6. Hey Now!

Fair enough; these threads can split into a 1,000 different directions as you juggle several different positions/opinions/whatever in the same thread.

I have no dog in the hunt in any way; but if justtxyank wants to claim he wins the internet (he said I should give him rep - whatevs), I'd appreciate him not misreprenting me (which he's doing throughout both threads)

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you're right.

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Considering you just greatly mis-represented many people's thoughts on the Lopez/Wilfork situation by claiming we found it "inexplicable"... you might wanna practice what you preach.

(seriously, you do have a very annoying habit of taking people's quotes out of context and manipulating their arguments into something completely different)

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Incredible day for the Texans. On all fronts. If there's a guy to right the Irish Chocolate, it's this guy. And as I've said before, Shorts will be perfect if healthy.

Here's my new draft hope:

1. Bud Dupree
    2. Phillip Dorsett (followed by Keyshawn Martin cut)
    3. ILB
    4-7. BPA

If O'Brien pulls that off, I think I'm in love.

10. SuraGotMadHops

I'm really wishing against an Ed Reed part 2 situation - I don't think it will be like that.

11. Hey Now!

I'd arguing I drew a fairly safe conclusion based on what you (and others) were posting. In fact, I had several posts from you, specifically, to choose from in trying to illustrate my point (in addition to the one I did reference).

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Funny that you would use me as an example of someone who found it "inexplicable" considering I posted this (which also happened to be the last thing I spoke to you about it).

Just another example of your selective reading, I guess.

More quotes from yours truly:

"I find it hard to believe", "it doesn't add up"....

In fact, having gone back and read it, you're the one who prescribed to me the idea of absolutism on this subject.

So yeah, you created this argument out of thin air, really. We found it suspicious, skeptical, irregular, and all around at-odds given the information, timing, context, and source. And you, for some weird reason, decided to be Captain Contrarian once again. I honestly don't get it. Our doubts were well founded. What a meaningless and silly bone to pick.

1 person likes this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

No they don't.

1 person likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Vince working in the hot Texas heat in training camp should help him some as well, what doesnt kill him will make him stronger. :)

15. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Pretty sure that's going to be negated by Whataburger.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

silly complaints. He was good last year--really good against the run. Being "fat" is part of what has made him good. If he lost 75 lbs, I'm not so sure he'd be as good. So you can't use that against him.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Lol, all the way with large milk shake?

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

this thread is so full of failure

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Him just standing there, taking up space, is enough to have "something" left.

Again, an "out of shape" nose tackle (most are fat) is far less risky than an out of shape safety.

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Wilfork isn't fat. He's festively plump.

Seriously though, who the hell knows if he's out of shape or not?

The man probably came out of his momma looking like a Christmas goose that ate a bowling ball.