1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Seahawks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sound analogy, but I can't support this post yet. How massive is the hole? How deep? If I accelerate am I accelerating to jump this hole or am I accelerating to steer clear of the hole?

"The accelerator AND THE STEERING WHEEL (WATSON) works fine."

Accelerate and avoid the hole with Watson instead of breaking with the defense.

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Remember my analogy for near the end of the season and i will tell u, now onwards to support our Houston ASTROS!

DreamShook likes this.
  4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I think BOB has had a huge role in Watson's success. It's perfect fit of stud QB and perfect scheme drawn up around him. This offense is nuclear right now.

But BOB is also what's holding this team back. If we fire BOB, then the next guy may not jive as well with Watson (Watson is good enough to play well with anybody, but maybe not this well with a lesser scheme). But if we keep him, he may continue to curl up in the fetal position.

I just can't feel good about BOB moving forward.

juanm34, ElPigto and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. 1234567

1234567 Member

Relax

They were not supposed to win and you alll know that. Watson played like future hall of fame QB but got our play by Wilson. That sinple. The coach went with the odds and lost. Seattle does have a decent defense and they did Int 2 times already. Late in game and this close to end zone the play is to go conservative,

Long season

Future at QB set

He looks like he is lock for rookie of year now and at least it is fun to watch this team again on offense.

They may end up winning this division or not but they are not winning any thing this year, not with no defense thanks to major injuries to the line

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You blame him for this one play, because it gave the ****ing game away. Seriously man, I don't mind being impartial and assigning blame where it should go, but this is another huge **** up on BoB. You can blame the defense all you want, but we all ****ing know that our secondary has been complete ass all ****ing season long yet for whatever idiotic reason, you trust that your defense is going to win you the game against mutha****ing Russell Wilson. The same guy that has won games time and time again in the most important of games. It's not like this is BoB's first merry go around, he did the exact same **** against Tom Brady.

Our team is what it is at this point and if the ****ing idiotic coach has not ****ing realized what many of us have realized already, then I don't think he belongs here because eventually he is going to cost us even bigger games. I do not want our franchise quarterback to be under the guidance of this p***y. Watson has proven that he can win us game, I don't give a **** that he is a rookie, just give him the ****ing ball and get the **** out of the way BoB. If we lose, we lose. Even if we would of won this game, I would of been ****ing pissed. BoB needs to get canned. No point in having a guy like that run your team.

He has been a decent coach and has worked wonders with the trash he has been given the last few years, but the ship has sailed and now we have a star in our hands. I don't want our star to develop bad habits because of a man that does not trust him to win him the game. **** that. Get someone else here that will trust that his best player will make the right plays.

7. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I think Watson knows what to do now. Next time that situation comes up, he needs to negate any plays like that from Bob and do his own thing

ElPigto likes this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Tough, tough loss. But the schedule will lighten up starting next week. I’m still seeing a 10-6 season as the outcome.

whag00 likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Bob's "I have got to get better", "If we lose its my fault" crap is nothing but canned responses he uses over and over. They aren't genuine and the only purpose is to prevent follow questions.

BOB didn't trust Watson enough to give him first team reps over the summer. He didn't trust him enough to start him. He didn't trust him enough to put the game in his hands after hanging almost 500 total yards on the Seahawks.... not sure what else he needs to do for you BOB. Your offense went from HORRIBLE to averaging 40 points over night with your star rookie QB. He has earned the right to have the fate of the game in his hands. Have some confidence in him BOB.

Blatz, ElPigto, showa13 and 2 others like this.
  10. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Bob running this offense with DW is great but the defense is the problem and we may need Romeo to get his butt back on the sidelines

11. conquistador#11

you play the odds when you have that kid from rounders at the table. your best odds are with what got you 40 points. watson should be 5-1 as a starter. He's been that good. Wilson didn't out play him by much. These Dbs don't have high football i.q. The seahawks have the legion of doom.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

come on, guy.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

even Dre on the radio said before the final three plays that Obrien couldn’t just run up the middle three times

conquistador#11 and ElPigto like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Oh look, hooray for moral victories.

You don't play conservative against quarterbacks that have won in big games. Play the odds for someone like Hogan, Bortles, or whatever shitty quarterback there is out there. Just because we should not won these games does not mean that you don't blame anyone. That's some loser kind of mentality man and I refuse to have a loser mentality for our team when we have a franchise quarterback that is growing up every game.

It doesn't matter if we weren't going to win anything this year, the fact is that we have a much better team than we all believed we had and that's because we have a monster playing the most important position in the game, thus, all our expectations have been adjusted accordingly. We should be 5-2 right now, not 3-4. Bad coaching has lost us 2 huge games that we weren't suppose to win, but we should of won.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Romeo can’t do anything about no pass rush. This defense has never been good when teams aired it out against us. We have no safety play of note and are prone to deep pass completions or penalties. Teams do us a huge favor by not attacking downfield all game honestly and it’s been true for years. No safeties and Kareem can’t cover downfield

ElPigto and Buck Turgidson like this.
  16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

That's because no words can solve the issue, and some words can turn players against him.

It's fine for him to take the blame for everything publicly, as long as he holds players accountable privately.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol the mavs and Rangers tho

18. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Everybody please take 5 seconds and report this obvious Dallas troll. It’s time for Clutch to take out the trash.

marks0223 and J.R. like this.
  19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Losses to the Jags, Patriots, Chiefs, and Seahawks. With two of them going down to the wire and all but one being competitive. These team is clearly Trending upwards. Relax.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member