1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Our d looks great so far, but I'm a little concerned with the run-d. That rookie for the Dolphins broke off pretty big chunks of yards at a time. This is going to be a difficult game. I don't think we match up well with the Saints. I will say Texans 24 Saints 31

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Also we shouldn't panic if we do lose, I think we beat Pittsburgh at home and wind up 3-1 through the first 4 which is what I was hoping for before the season started.

3. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I think Wade will put more pressure on the passing game as he did in Mia. As long as we can stop Brees from having an explosive game we should be in good shape. Their run attack will get some yards, we just cant give up the big play. All in all, I think this game will come down to TOs who ever has the less WILL WIN

Texans 27- Saints 23

If we do find away to win this one, Pitts wont have a chance against us at home

4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Bad news that has yet to be mentioned, Will Smith is back off of a suspension.

Like everyone else this game worries me and I could definitely see a loss. In Miami everything seemed to go our way missed FGs, blocked FGs, the JJo int, the timely KJ forced fumble and then ZERO turnovers on our end.

Can't see us getting all the breaks this go around. However at some point the offense is going to have it's coming out party right? I say Arian plays this Sunday and finishes drives instead of having to kick chipshot FGs like last week.

Texans 38
    Saints 30

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Just got done playing madden where my texans got a close win against the saints on hard mode.

30 to 27 texans

6. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Got Em!

7. conquistador#11

Why don't we match up well with the saints? What can Mr. Nyquil do to us that every QB, with the exception of Rusty, hasn't done to us already? I actually like our match ups.

Uggh, It's only Tuesday. =(

8. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

21-17 but i'll let the team decide on sunday

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Saints 34
    Texans 27

We lose this one, but come back to beat the Steelers at home.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Nothing would please more than to win on the road against the Saints and shut up the "Who Dat" talk, which is so freakin' annoying.

Don't think we will though, but still I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances.

11. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

We win: Everybody is on our bandwagon.
    We lose: Texans suck

12. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

I can see us winning or losing this.. should be a close one.. unless the saints defense just blasts through our o-line which i doubt they will!! Question is can we contain brees to under 300 passing yards? hmmm.. win or lose, i really want us to go 3-1 after 4 games so either win this sunday or next sunday, or if im feelin greedy lets win both!!

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

We saw a couple of cool safety/corner blitzes against Miami, but I think Wade pulls out the ace in his sleeve for this game.

14. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Don't know if this has been posted but the Texans worked out a several FA's, most notably former 1st round pick DE Vernon Gholston.

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/...-former-first-round-pick-Gholston-2180571.php

Has anyone seen this dude, he looks like a physical freak.

[​IMG]

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Gholston has been a complete bust since he's been in the league, but if he comes for cheap, I wouldn't mind letting Wade have a crack at him. Rex Ryan couldn't turn him around though, so I don't know how much the guy really belongs in the league.

16. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

who would we be dropping?

17. Win

Win Contributing Member

Gotta pick the Saints; say, 31 to 29. Hope I'm wrong.

18. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

teams in the NFL don't win every game. you can't be disappointed with losses here and there. this is a tough game on the road against a good team.

i'd be ecstatic if we win, but i won't be too disappointed if we lose. even with a loss, we will still be on track towards our goals if our team shows up and puts up a fight on both sides of the ball.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

When the NFC is on the road, they show it on FOX.

When the AFC team is on the road, they show it on CBS.

So when the Texans play the Falcons and Panthers, it's going to be shown on FOX.

Am I worried? Yeah. Can we beat them? Yeah.

I put the tag Katrina Bowl, so I'll go ahead and apologize ahead of time. Too soon or what?

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Except for the missed FG, none of the things you listed had anything to do with lucky breaks.

Blocked FG - great play by Watt
    JJ int - great play by Mario
    timely KF force fumble - great play by KJ
    ZERO turnovers - great play by our offense

Let's give credit where credit is due.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.