1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Definitely biggest game for fans on the brink of nonbelievers and nonbelievers on the brink of becoming fans

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

that you can make that argument about a week 3 matchup doesn't say much for us, does it? :grin:

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it seems like this is said almost every year

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

well he did say franchise not season... Gotta read between the lines bro...

5. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Texans win this game, that is the biggest win in franchise history for us...it would basically assure the playoffs for me.

But if we lose, especially if we lose a close game, I don't think it's that big of a deal. We can lose the next two games and still feel good about our chances at the playoffs. Especially since we are still gelling, Arian may still be out, and the defense didn't have a full offseason to learn Wade's system.

If we win though....that would be so huge....

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

you can say that about the Steelers game the following week, if we lose against the Saints.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, I guess what I meant to say was that, if we win, it would probably be the biggest win in franchise history.

If we lose, eh....not a big deal. We can easily overcome it.

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I see this is similar to the Cowboys game from last year. I think the Texans will keep it close for a while and the Saints will open up a commanding lead at the end of the game. I think this will be a Mark Ingram coming out party.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm more worried about Sproles as a receiver. The kid from Miami could be better than Ingram.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Texans 35
    Ain'ts 27

:eek:

¡¡VAMOS, TEXANS!!!! :mad:

:eek: You're a genius, man. I think your analysis of this is spot on. I think you're right... put some points on the board = win! :eek:

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I might even venture to say we might have to put MORE points on the board than the Saints to have a chance to win this one.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I got 31-21

but I agree. I am not sold on the Saint's Defense
    never have been. I think their offense can be disrupted.

This is IMO a test for Kubiak and Wade
    I think Wade will hold the Saints to under 24
    but
    I am concerned if Kubiak can score on them

Rocket River

13. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

You're going out on a limb there my friend, hoping you don't put money on a crazy strategy like that.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Seems like this is said almost every other week.(Not necessarily on here)

As for the game, I'll say 38-24 Saints.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The biggest game in franchise history is always the next game unless a team is out of the playoffs or won the super bowl. The Texans haven't had enough "biggest" games if you ask me.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

30 - 20 Texans win (crosses fingers)

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not sure if the pass D is as good as the stats may tell but this game will definitely test that as well as our piss poor rush D going up against Thomas, Sproles, and Ingram. Definitely a tough game in the Superdome but it's winnable if we can get our offense together and if Tate, AJ, another receiver, and Schaub have big games. I'm really interested to see if Schaub can do some damage though because the Saints are one of those teams that love to blitz... they did it a lot last week against Cutler and he got sacked 6 times.

18. bcast89

bcast89 Member

I think the Saints offense is a little more dangerous than ours. With that said, it seems like it's gonna be a shootout. Scoring will go back and forth. The first team to 30 pts will win.

Texans 38
    Saints 35

19. Ashes

Ashes Member

Texans 31
    Saints 28

20. liljojo

liljojo Member

K just finished watching the Miami game, and it's kind of ridiculous how much better the secondary looks with Joseph, and how bad it gets when he's out. QB's just hardly ever throw to his side, and when they do, it's usually an inaccurate pass. The only pass I remember being completed on him when he was playing man-to-man was that ridiculous catch by Marshall. As someone said earlier, he wasn't on Wayne in game 1, save for a handful of snaps.

Quin and Jackson are VERY sure tacklers. That fumble Jackson caused was beautiful, and Quin saved more than one TD (of course, as a safety that's to be expected). He did completely miss Henne on a safety blitz once, IIRC. The one where he scrambled for like 20 yards. Dunno what that was about. Embarrassing.

There was basically no crowd noise in Miami, so it was fun hearing the coaches barking instructions for Tate from the sidelines as the play was unfolding. God, our run game is beautiful.

I know this post isn't about the Saints game, but I'm gonna post in anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.