1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This is a winnable game folks. The key is getting pressure on Brees and pushing that offensive line back and making it collapse on Brees. We also need JoJo to be on the field to have a chance, he should blanket whoever is the number 1 and completely shut them down. I have no doubt Tate can run on the Saints and help steer that time of possession arrow in our direction. It all depends on whether or not we can put pressure on Brees, this team has been built for years to try and put pressure on Manning, why cant we do that to Brees.

Many fans had us beating the Colts with Manning still in the equation, the Saints look eerily familiar to the Saints all 3 facets of the game. Saints defense doesn't scar me, keep Brees and the offensive under 4 tds and we win this game.

Texans 31
    Saints 27

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

EDIT: Video auto plays, Talks about the Texans 33 seconds into the video
    <object width="640" height="480" id="mycbsiplayer_i3KrcMubMn85PHPJh_JLWVcacqon_fMk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="mycbsiplayer" data="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="src" value="http://sports.cbsimg.net/swf/video/uvp/skins/Default/latest/Skin.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="flashvars" value="width=640&amp;height=360&amp;compAdsEnabled=true&amp;compAdW=300&amp;compAdH=60&amp;pid=i3KrcMubMn85PHPJh_JLWVcacqon_fMk&amp;partner=cbssports&amp;autoplay=false&amp;server=http://www.cbssports.com&amp;smode=fit&amp;uvpc=http://sports.cbsimg.net/video/uvp/config/uvp_default.xml&amp;imageServer=http://sports.cbsimg.net&amp;contEx=share,embed,related,sep5,sep6,sep8&amp;fireOverlays=true"></object>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#42 Uprising, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

CBS sportsline has us at 4th in the rankings.

I like the respect.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Why do you think Joseph will completely shut down whoever the number 1 is for the Saints? Do you think he completely shut down Reggie Wayne in wk1 with Kerry Collins pulling the trigger?

Joseph is good, but he's not a "don't even throw to his side" kind of player.

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Skins fans have to be PISSED that they are in first for the division, but 3rd in the rankings (and barely above the Giants that they beat week 1).

Surprised to see us ranked so high. Let's see if we can't make a case for staying there.

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

The Saints dont have anyone of Reggie Waynes caliber, the closes thing is Colston and he may be out.

He did a great job on Marshal last week.

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Fox also doesn't play that damn JLo Fiat commercial. Does anyone remember our general ranking after the 2-0 last year?

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Texans are 2-0 vs the Fiat Commercial.

Texans - 34
    Saints - 20

STATEMENT MADE

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Joseph wasn't on Wayne the whole game...he was targeted 8 times, gave up two completions, and deflected that long bomb where Manning got the flag.

I think he's been pretty awesome so far.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Some really good analysis in these here parts. Better than many of the "professionals." Obviously, this should be a very competitive game. The Saints are far better than the Colts or the Dolphins this year, so the Texans will have to play at a high level, a very high level. The game is winnable, they all are, but the probabilities aren't great. We will have to see the best performances so far this year from everyone. It is going to be mucho exciting if they win, even if they play well.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Texans are 2-0 when I sit in the left corner of my new sofa .... Im feeling like sittin on the right this Sunday... because I cant sleep good during the boring 3:00 games, on the left side !...

12. justtxyank

I think Joseph has looked great and the difference between him and Allen on the field is staggering. I wasn't trying to demean him. Just the idea that whoever the #1 for NO is being shutdown because Joseph plays. That's just not realistic.

The Saints are going to move the ball. This will be a tough game.

13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I will take the homer glasses off and predict a
    24-21 loss.

I think we are pretty much evenly matched, but there homefield advantage will be the deciding factor.

We need Joseph to come up big, and Foster to play. I think our shot blocking line will give Brees problems. There defense is good only if they can really get to the quarterback. Watch the seahawks game. That's the blue print for the Saints. I still think they will win and I hope to god I'm wrong.

Either way, there is no way were losing to Pittsburg at home. Please let me be wrong. I want 4-0.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Joseph is the difference between a "great" defense and a mediocre one. As soon as he was went out of that Dolphins game, our secondary was getting torched. He's not Revis, but he's definitely above average.

15. justtxyank

I'd say he's better than above average.

The Saints are prolific on offense, and much like the Texans, they run a scheme that gets guys open.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I never said no passes would be completed on him, I said he would be key. If you dont think he can hang with likes of Lance Moore, Devry Henderson or Robert Meachem I am sure you were disappointed we shelled out the dough for him. I think he is the biggest FA the Texans have ever signed is key to this defense being formidable through the season.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This game will determine how bonkers I will really become about the team.

Win this game and I won't be waiting for the other (proverbial Texans)shoe to drop.

18. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

I've got Brees, Henderson, Moore and Colston on my fantasy team. That said, I hope the Texans D-line bats down balls like crazy against that midget Brees!

19. justtxyank

You completely misunderstood what I was saying. Of course the last line of your post is 100% true.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You know, it could be legitimately argued that this is the biggest game in franchise history...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.