1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2010.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:confused:

Why "fock", sir?

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I agree. I don't get it. If anything, then this is just a big game for the Cowboys and a not-so-big game for the Texans in the sense that one team desperately needs a win and the other wants to win for rivalry reasons but not necessarily because they have to.

This should be a really good game imo...and that's what we all want. Of course, when you say "should be" about the cowboys...that can translate into all sorts of things. lol

3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Skip Bayless just said on ESPN that the Texans are only the 3rd best team in the AFC South and will not make the playoffs

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Skip Bayless is from Dallas = idiot

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The Texans should take that as a compliment.

Skip Bayless is a loud-mouthed moron.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Skip Bayless is the George Costanza of the sports world. Everything he says, thinks, or does, is polar opposite of what is correct.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He put us behind the Titans too!? Wow, his comments are almost as bad as his suits.

8. conquistador#11

I think people are just being snarky, since the cowboys are supposed to be unbeeetable and superbowl contenders. Snark aside, winless teams are the most dangerous. Dallas desperately needs that win and will bring their A game.

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I agree with this, but Dallas is horrible...is it a trap game for the Texans, absolutely...Dallas needs a win and the Texans can afford to lose...I still think the Texans will win which hopefully gives the Texans some good cred and nice pub...

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'd be more concerned if he said we were the AFC South's best team. that guy has as much credibility as witches running for office.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I see what you did there and I approve.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

texans cant afford to lose any games until they are definitely in the playoffs. They need every game they can get.

Dallas will come in here pumped up, without a doubt. But I think the texans will know how important this game is, not only in the W column, but to the city.

I wonder if it will be almost 50/50 like the preseason game.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Skip Bayless very literally goes on the air just wanting to say something that goes against the grain to be sensationalist. If you asked him his opinion, off camera 5 minutes later, he probably wouldn't even remember what he said.

Listening to what he has to say about anything makes less sense than using the Sports Guy's NFL picks to lay bets.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Any idea if we're going all red on Sunday? That would be awesome.

Edit: Just found my own answer. Texans.com says Blue Jersey/White Pants. Wish we were going with some sort of red.

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cowboys homer.

Wrote three BEST SELLING BOOKS about the Dallas Cowboys.

I can **** on a silver platter and throw a blue star on it, and people would buy it.

16. liljojo

liljojo Member

I don't like the blue jerseys.

White>Red>Blue

17. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Agreed. Our schedule is too tough to lose games we should win. That killed us last year. Ignoring the Kris Brown issues (but not the Chris Brown issues) we should've handily beat Jacksonville both times we played them... obviously that would've gotten us to 11 wins.

After the week 7 bye, we have 6 of 10 on the road, 5 of them against teams that beat us or made the playoffs last season (Indy, JVille, NYJ, Philly, Tenn). We need to take care of business this weekend, every weekend.

I'm hoping that we find the balance we've lacked this weekend. Love seeing Schaub and Foster break records, but I'd rather see 180 total rushing yards and like 275 passing. Definitely less than 50 pass attempts and 30 rush attempts (from one back).

NOT complaining though. These guys are good... really good... and we'll get Jeremiah Johnson back to diversify. We'll get OD up to speed. Kareem will grow up. I'm optimistic for the first time with this team.

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Don't forget about that Cushing fellow.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Key numbers for 2-0 Texans
    • The win extended the Texans winning streak to six consecutive games dating back to the 2009 season. That is the longest active win streak in the NFL and is a franchise record.
    • The win was Houston’s first overtime victory in franchise history. Houston’s record in overtime now stands at 1-6.
    • The Texans overcame a 17-point deficit at 27-10 to win the game. It was the second-largest come-from-behind win in team history. Houston came from 18 points behind to beat Tennessee on Nov. 28, 2004 (31-21 final).
    • The Houston defense held Washington to a franchise-record-low 18 rushing yards. That bested the previous record of 27 yards allowed at the New York Jets on Nov. 26, 2006.
    • Andre Johnson finished the game with 12 catches for 158 yards and a touchdown. It was his 32nd career 100-yard game and his 14th career game with 10 or more catches and 100 or more yards. His 14 career 10-catch, 100-yard games are the second-most in NFL history. He is now one shy of Hall of Famer Jerry Rice’s total.
    • Johnson became the 76th player in NFL history to reach 8,000 career receiving yards and the 50th player in NFL history to reach 600 receptions.
    • Matt Schaub’s 497 passing yards were a franchise record, breaking his own mark of 414 yards at Green Bay on Dec. 7, 2008. He also set career highs for attempts (52) and completions (38). The passing yards were the 12th-most in NFL history.
    • Mario Williams’ 3.0 sacks matched the second-highest single-game total of his career.
    • Houston has the league’s No. 1 offense and No. 1 rushing offense, while the Texans are 32nd in pass defense. The Texans are also first in points on offense and sixth on third-down conversions on offense. Houston’s defense is fifth on third down.
    • Matt Schaub has a passer rating of 102.6, good for sixth.
    • Arian Foster leads the league in rushing yards (300) and yards from scrimmage (376).
    link

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Love these the most.