1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

AMEN!!

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That was the Pollard block in 4th qtr. I was talking about when Kubes iced the kicker in OT and he missed the 2nd attempt.

I'm just going to enjoy this win, a win is a win. :grin:

3. psingh34

psingh34 Member

so we got lucky that the redskins kicker missed a 50 plus field goal a second time??? even though law of averages dictates that a 50 percent fg is close to 50-50 and the ROOKIE had not hit anything over 49?

can you think of any close games (esp ones that go to overtime) where the winning team doesnt win as a result of a little luck and outstanding plays?? heck every team that wins the coin toss than goes on to win the game on the first possesion wins as a result of a little luck right?

What if rackers had made his first FG .. what if redskins did not have their FG blocked.. what if mcnabb hit galloway when he was wide open .... every game has their woulda coulda shouldas .. .. but the fact that we were not in the playoffs last prooves ...they dont mean jack squat ... all that counts is the final score and who has more points...

gooo texannsss!!

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I don't have the energy to go back and forth with anyone right now.

A win is a win, and go Texans! :)

5. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Yesterday: I was flying home from Chicago, flight delayed, and we didn't take off until almost kickoff. Got lucky and had Direct TV on the flight, downside was that I only got Jets-Pats. Needless to say, I was steamed by the time we landed (27-10). I headed home in a funk over the apparent return of a dismal secondary in coverage and deja vu with the team coming out flat and uninspired. I have a ton of friends in Northern VA and had already run my mouth a little bit.

Got home just after Kubiak punted in OT. I will say I've never liked icing the kicker, especially waiting until the snap to do so, but it's legal, it's effective, so fine. But the chances were just as good that he could have botched the aborted try and come back to nail the real game winner. We were lucky it worked out for us.

I'm surprised by the run/pass reversal from last week. I really expected Washington to be very well prepared for our air game, courtesy of Kyle, but not as set to deal with Foster behind Leach. Haynesworth out with a sandy jockstrap and DeAngelo Hall out there roaming for picks. But Foster's 231 got cut almost to a quarter and Schaub followed up his lame week 1 with a freaking 500 yd franchise day. Hats off.

Run D remained first rate without Cushing. Fantastic.

Got to be worried about the pass D, though. Pollard and Jackson are really better tacklers than they are cover guys, Kubiak wanted that, but man it hurts to get exposed in the back end. Galloway and Fred Davis breaking off 60 yd receptions.....I could live with Manning get numbers against us in a game where he threw 57 times....but this team as jack crap for a receiving corps and roasted us in the first 3 quarters. Wilson is fading and is only tolerable as a cover safety at this point. Hopefully the young guys grow up quick...otherwise we need to make a move to shore up our deep help.

Evan

6. emjohn

Next Week:

I agree with the idea that we need to be concerned about a trap game: we might have entered Washington feeling a little too good about ourselves, and now we're 2-0 playing a team that is more talented than their 0-2 record. Jerry Jones will be lighting a serious fire under them all week. He would lose his mind being 0-3 and would lose it he got beat by his little brother in Texas.

There's also the concern about our secondary being so porous and facing a "funslinger" with a good collection of targets.

On the flipside:
    We'll be at home, and the stadium should be raucous. I'd be a lot more concerned going into the megamansion.

They just gave Jay Cutler 136 QB rating.

They're struggling to run the ball (28th in the league), so no Cushing may not be a terrible thing for us to overcome.

They may come out playing harder...but they've been killing themselves with low IQ ball playing. That's not an effort issue. It's a preparation and discipline issue. As long as they have the most confused coach in the league looking over them, there will be opportunities to beat them.

If we come out, play sharp, play inspired, and work them over in the air and on the ground, we should rump them. It's critical that we clamp down on Austin and Witten.

Evan

7. emjohn

He hit his first attempt no problem. There've been plenty of times in the league where the waived off timeout try missed and the second kick went in. It was a gamble, and we were fortunate that things broke our way.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

You probably won't stop those guys. But, not to worry...Cowboys will stop themselves with drive killing penalties and inopportune turnovers while not forcing any. Although, I would guess our D has to force a turnover at some point but it may not be this game. Our secondary was supposed to our strong point...and Cutler ripped em to shreds...especially Mike Jenkins. He definitely has a bullseye on his back and you'll should be throwing at him specifically all game long to make him prove he can still make a play...cause he sure as hell didn't make any in the Chicago game.

Also, has your team ever even been to Dallas? The schedule makers a Houston fan or something? Why are we always having to play you guys at your home but you never play us at our home? Maybe next season? Nah...probably won't even see you guys next season. One would think you'll would have to make the trip up north at some point???

#1708 Surfguy, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

We've played you guys like once before this? Chill out lol

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

their last regular season matchup was in Dallas. right?

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Well we played you in Dallas last time and last year we would have played there in preseason but you chose another opponent so this year it rotated back to Houston. Next time we play in Dallas should be in 4 years.

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

October 15, 2006 Houston Texans 6 Dallas Cowboys 34 Texas Stadium Regular season game.

Wow...I must have really selective memory because I don't even remember that game. I guess it was just swept under my rug cause it's not really news unless we lose. lol

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow. what a game. I almost stopped watching at half time. Texans were getting killed at their own game, i.e. playaction. I really dont know where the defense was. Zero QB pressure and poor coverage.

Texans showed some grit in the second half and the defense stepped up when it mattered. Mario's initial sack on Mcnabb when they got the all back after the AJ TD was impressive. It was as though he said,"i'm sick of this...im just going to run right through you"

I will giveTrent WIlliams props though. He is legit. Hope his knee injury wasnt too serious.

As for the FG or Punt decision. I was wanting to go for it at first but if you think about it more and more, I don't think Rackers has 53 in him. Plus, he did have a little head wind.

WHat i wasnt a big fan of 3rd down call before that. I can understand what they were thinking and that they were hoping to catch th redskins off guard, but the redskins had played the playfakes well all day.

Crappy kick by Turk.

Good call on the TO by Kubes. But man, that kid has a monster leg. He had another 8 yards in distance on that thing.

Big catch by Dreessen.

I'm exhausted just thinking about that game.

AJ is a beast and what a ballsy throw on that 4th down. If you look at the replays, it looks like Jacoby was wide open on a crossing route at around the 10 yard line but.

I'm a litle worried how the O-line couldnt stop their blitz out of the 3-4. Hopefully it was good practice for the cowoboys, granted they won't blitz as much.

Secondary has to step up. Kareem got burnt but he did make a couple of good plays as well.

Bottom line, luck or not...this was a game the Texans of yesteryear would have lost.

15. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

oh, i'm also glad i wasnt the only one to catch crazy eye'd schaub. Hilarious. Great job with the photoshops :grin:

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I knew it would be all over the Internets when he made that face.

17. Landlord Landry

Have you seen the Cowboys play this year? They are horrible. They are incapable of winning this game. This is not a trap game at all.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They do have a good passing game. Considering our secondary has been shredded, the Cowboys might put up some points.

That said, Mario will probably get 5 sacks, because their o-line is brutal.

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

don't know if it's been posted, sorry if it has...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/19/AR2010091905280.html

20. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

i dont understand the whole "cowboys is a trap game". No. It isnt.

If anything, the redskins was a trap game. They were coming off a big win and it's right before a big game against the cowboys. They were also playing a team they "should beat".

Cowboys as a trap game is kind of silly. How can a game that has been circled from the start of the season be a trap game?